Ask the 'Someone who isn't MikeT' thread. Topic

Posted by McGirkTheJer on 11/3/2019 7:52:00 PM (view original):
NL relivers are getting too many at bats I have pinch hit/run set to normal as I figured it's normal to pinch hit for a pitcher. Is it that pitch counts are screwing it up?
If you're a defensive team that wins a lot of games by a run or two you're going to have pitchers come in to pinch hit. It happens and its dumb but it happens. Like the other guys said, take some time, look at your PH hierarchy. I wouldn't go lower then 12 pitchers with 13 fielders unless you had a legit 4 man rotation.
11/4/2019 7:54 AM
How far apart is the second injury recovery bump from the first one during a 60-day recovery schedule?
11/4/2019 8:27 AM
Posted by opie100 on 11/4/2019 8:27:00 AM (view original):
How far apart is the second injury recovery bump from the first one during a 60-day recovery schedule?
If it is a typical mid-season injury, my experience is that the first bump comes within one [in-game] cycle left in his injury recovery. If you put him on IR for sixty days, the second injury recovery bump does not always come, but if it does, it usually comes 3-4 real life days (9-12 in game cycles) before he is eligible to be activated from the DL.

In order to receive the subsequent injury recovery bump from a stay on the 60 day DL, the original injury typically needs to be between 1-30 days. There might be some wiggle room there, but that is what I have read.

If it is a season over season injury, the injury recovery bumps seem to come every 30 cycles (ten real life days).

If it is an injury that occurred near the end of the season, you will have to wait until the 2nd to the last day of the regular season. If there is no bump there, there will be no bump at all.
11/4/2019 8:57 PM
I probably should have asked this a few days ago. Too late now.

I'm an NL team about to go into the world series. I currently have 13 fielders and 12 pitchers. For the world series would you go 14 fielders, bringing up a DH and 11 pitchers or keep the 13 and 12 just incase a game or two goes long?
11/6/2019 7:42 AM
Posted by hockey1984 on 11/6/2019 7:42:00 AM (view original):

I'm an NL team about to go into the world series. I currently have 13 fielders and 12 pitchers. For the world series would you go 14 fielders, bringing up a DH and 11 pitchers or keep the 13 and 12 just incase a game or two goes long?
I don't usually have 12 pitchers I want throwing playoff innings under any circumstances. Most of the time I cut down to 10.

11/6/2019 9:24 AM
If I trade for prospects that are at the AAA level, will they get a penalty if I assign them to a lower level after the trade?
11/6/2019 9:26 AM
Posted by hockey1984 on 11/6/2019 7:42:00 AM (view original):

Agree with Damag. I usually go 16 PP and 9 pitchers in the playoffs.
11/6/2019 10:10 AM
Posted by KonradCurze on 11/6/2019 9:26:00 AM (view original):
If I trade for prospects that are at the AAA level, will they get a penalty if I assign them to a lower level after the trade?
No, they'll be fine.
11/6/2019 10:10 AM
Posted by tlowster on 11/4/2019 8:57:00 PM (view original):
If it is a typical mid-season injury, my experience is that the first bump comes within one [in-game] cycle left in his injury recovery. If you put him on IR for sixty days, the second injury recovery bump does not always come, but if it does, it usually comes 3-4 real life days (9-12 in game cycles) before he is eligible to be activated from the DL.

In order to receive the subsequent injury recovery bump from a stay on the 60 day DL, the original injury typically needs to be between 1-30 days. There might be some wiggle room there, but that is what I have read.

If it is a season over season injury, the injury recovery bumps seem to come every 30 cycles (ten real life days).

If it is an injury that occurred near the end of the season, you will have to wait until the 2nd to the last day of the regular season. If there is no bump there, there will be no bump at all.
Does a player need to be transferred from the 15 day DL to 60 day DL to experience the second injury recovery bump?
(If he just remains on the 15 day DL for a longer period of time does he still receive the bump?)
11/7/2019 12:07 AM
Posted by dschang on 11/7/2019 12:07:00 AM (view original):

Does a player need to be transferred from the 15 day DL to 60 day DL to experience the second injury recovery bump?
(If he just remains on the 15 day DL for a longer period of time does he still receive the bump?)
He needs to be on the 60 to get more then one bump.
11/7/2019 10:26 AM
Posted by hockey1984 on 11/7/2019 10:26:00 AM (view original):
Posted by dschang on 11/7/2019 12:07:00 AM (view original):

He needs to be on the 60 to get more then one bump.
As an example, I pasted the below guy. He had a 20 day shoulder injury. I really had to make a decision because he is a great pitcher and I didn't want to shut him down for sixty games. However, I was only offered a 7 day or a 60 stint. I was afraid that a seven day stint would not have seen any recovery, so as much as it hurt to lose him, I placed him on the 60 day DL. He just received his second recovery three cycles before he is eligible to be activated from the DL.

Player Profile: Peter Jang - Hardball Dynasty Baseball | WhatIfSports
11/7/2019 10:37 PM
What a stud! Yeah, I'd hate to lose him too. What was his vsR before the injury?
11/8/2019 6:19 AM
Posted by strikeout26 on 11/8/2019 6:19:00 AM (view original):
What a stud! Yeah, I'd hate to lose him too. What was his vsR before the injury?
Before the injury, he had an R split of 97. The injury moved it down to 96. He is a 33 year old pitcher, so as much as I didn't want to lose him for 60 days, I also didn't want his effectiveness to corrode early. Now I think I could keep him into his age 38 season.
11/8/2019 8:02 AM
Posted by bjschumacher on 11/3/2019 12:03:00 AM (view original):
Of course. There are many factors along the way that will affect that number in both directions.
Thanks.
11/8/2019 8:55 AM
Posted by strikeout26 on 11/3/2019 7:20:00 AM (view original):
Posted by ramonshaw on 11/3/2019 12:00:00 AM (view original):
If say you have 15m budgeted for international free agents do they always end up being worst or is it possible they become better players once you get them? For example 15m sees 85 control. Any chance the player in a few years ends up with higher than 85 control? If that makes any sense. Thanks.
Yes, it will sometimes undershoot a player's ratings and you will be pleasantly surprised. I sometimes run $2M in IFA scouting just so I will see a few and I have gotten lucky and signed a BL or two on occasion.
Thank you.
11/8/2019 8:56 AM
◂ Prev 1...34|35|36|37|38...112 Next ▸
Ask the 'Someone who isn't MikeT' thread. Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.