2018-19 player seasons Topic

Good luck finding a backup. 17-18’s TO% is only 15.1. I have yet to see a successful team with that season. You’d need stellar rebounding, defense, and low TOs around him. Seems like the SIM might not be able to handle the extreme variance, but I hope I’m wrong.
4/14/2019 12:59 PM
all the sim does is extreme variance
4/14/2019 1:08 PM
ok
4/14/2019 1:27 PM
Go search SG eff 100 sort by Oreb%.. Go look I'll wait...... BTW your welcome
4/15/2019 2:42 PM
Posted by copernicus on 4/14/2019 1:08:00 PM (view original):
all the sim does is extreme variance
THIS 100%.
There is F - A - R too much variable in the game-to-game program. Teams shouldn't constantly have 50, 60 or more point swings from one game to the next, when all settings are identical.
4/16/2019 10:04 AM
Aaaand the 2018-19 player seasons have arrived and no one is talking about them yet (that I can see). Some random thoughts...
  • NBA players don't play nearly as many minutes per season as they used to. Bradley fricking Beal led the league in minutes played with just over 3000 (the only player to top that milestone).
  • No player with as many as 2000 minutes has a D rating of 90 or higher. It'll be interesting to see who gets a bump from being named to the official All-Defense teams.
  • I'll be curious to see whether Giannis' most recent season trumps the most recent season for purposes of drafting in higher cap theme leagues. Better rebounding and efficiency (and somewhat better passing) but significantly fewer minutes.
  • Anyone else think Jokic deserves better than a 39 D rating at this point?
  • Anyone else think Embiid deserves better than a 60 D rating at this point?
4/26/2019 1:51 PM
Posted by longtallbrad on 4/26/2019 1:51:00 PM (view original):
Aaaand the 2018-19 player seasons have arrived and no one is talking about them yet (that I can see). Some random thoughts...
  • NBA players don't play nearly as many minutes per season as they used to. Bradley fricking Beal led the league in minutes played with just over 3000 (the only player to top that milestone).
  • No player with as many as 2000 minutes has a D rating of 90 or higher. It'll be interesting to see who gets a bump from being named to the official All-Defense teams.
  • I'll be curious to see whether Giannis' most recent season trumps the most recent season for purposes of drafting in higher cap theme leagues. Better rebounding and efficiency (and somewhat better passing) but significantly fewer minutes.
What do you think this thread is about?
5/2/2019 8:11 AM
Posted by tarheel1991 on 4/12/2019 9:31:00 PM (view original):
I really can't imagine a logical explanation for a formula that spits out some of these positional eligibilities. What in god's name could make Joe Ingles 99% or better at the 1-4 while Ben is only over 97% at PG? And what about Giannis? His 16-17 season was 100% at SF/PF, 98% at SG/C, and 96% at PG. Two years later, his 18-19 season is 100% at PF/C, only 92% at SF (??????), and under 90% at SG and SF. I mean it feels like they just pull the damn things out of a hat sometimes.
Last two seasons have a different data provider than previous seasons.
5/6/2019 11:55 AM
Posted by tarheel1991 on 5/2/2019 8:11:00 AM (view original):
I think I started this thread on January 17th, and when I made the 4/26 post above no one had been talking about the just-released player seasons.
5/6/2019 2:20 PM
Brook Lopez with a 78 D rating? I didn't happen to watch him this past season. Does that number make sense to those who did?
5/6/2019 2:21 PM
Posted by longtallbrad on 5/6/2019 2:21:00 PM (view original):
Brook Lopez with a 78 D rating? I didn't happen to watch him this past season. Does that number make sense to those who did?
No, benefited from a good overall team defense, but this years defensive ratings seem all over the place.
5/6/2019 9:19 PM
Posted by longtallbrad on 5/6/2019 2:20:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tarheel1991 on 5/2/2019 8:11:00 AM (view original):
I think I started this thread on January 17th, and when I made the 4/26 post above no one had been talking about the just-released player seasons.
You’re my guy LTB but... the last two pages are people talking about the new release. It came out a couple weeks ago.
5/6/2019 10:02 PM
Anyone remember when they updated the defensive ratings last time around?
5/28/2019 10:49 PM
they didn't; they released the players after college football had started so all of those awards had been done with for months
5/29/2019 7:06 PM
Well, they have been updated today. I also noticed that they improved a couple of other player's defensive ratings that did not make either of the All-D teams. Particularly Pascal Siakam and PJ Tucker who were both in the 40s previously and are now at 70. I'm not sure if there are others. I don't think they've ever done that before.
5/29/2019 10:51 PM
◂ Prev 12345 Next ▸
2018-19 player seasons Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.