So I figure this is as good a place to post as any but next season in Naismith will be my last in HD. I've been playing this game for 12 years and recently I haven't been enjoying playing anymore. It felt like I was just going through the motions because its what I had always done not because I wanted to.

I fell like I never had the level of success I would have liked but I think I did ok for myself. I also think I look pretty good for coaching at a school for 81 seasons . I really hope some one will pick up Lock Haven (also New York Tech in Rupp where I was for 61 seasons) and continue with a winning tradition.

Thanks to all the coaches who I've played against, especially the long time rivals I could always count on for a good game or look forward to seeing the postseason. I know I never posted much but you will be missed.
1/25/2019 10:34 AM
Sorry to see you go blackdog. We definitely had our share of battles in Rupp and Naismith. I get burned out fairly frequently as well and can definitely empathize with the feeling of just going through the motions sometimes. Hopefully, you just need a break, so if you are ever missing HD in a few months, it would be great to see you in Naismith D2 again.

Just for reference, blackdog was one of the former champs in the inaugural Blue Earth Classic that was composed entirely of former Naismith D2 champs. Was also in the tourney a second time.
1/26/2019 9:26 AM
Nice touch on the add on info, _ge. And it's never good to lose a long time coach. Not sure we've ever played, maybe a game or two. Our careers are completely different, but strikingly similar..... same amount of titles, and we joined WifS just 6 days apart!

Feel free to come back and continue to go thru the motions!
2/6/2019 9:27 PM
Oh the irony..... we play against each other in NT round 2 tomorrow! Nice timing
2/7/2019 3:59 AM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.