Lets debate! Topic

There's only one side to that discussion. It's not an emergency. End of story.
3/19/2019 10:25 AM
Posted by bad_luck on 3/19/2019 10:06:00 AM (view original):
Posted by strikeout26 on 3/19/2019 6:54:00 AM (view original):
Topic of the day: The national debt/deficit; Is it dangerous for America's future? Why or why not?
Are you going to participate in your own debates? I don’t think you weighed in on the “emergency” declaration topic yesterday.
Sometimes. Depends on how busy work is.

If you are wondering where I stand on the emergency declaration. I think we do have a very bad situation at the border that needs to be addressed. I don't think the wall is the solution and I think Trump overstepped his authority with the national emergency declaration. I think congress needs to be more proactive in addressing the issue. They have dropped the ball and need to be held accountable next election.
3/19/2019 10:40 AM
Posted by strikeout26 on 3/19/2019 10:40:00 AM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 3/19/2019 10:06:00 AM (view original):
Topic of the day: The national debt/deficit; Is it dangerous for America's future? Why or why not?
Are you going to participate in your own debates? I don’t think you weighed in on the “emergency” declaration topic yesterday.
Sometimes. Depends on how busy work is.

If you are wondering where I stand on the emergency declaration. I think we do have a very bad situation at the border that needs to be addressed. I don't think the wall is the solution and I think Trump overstepped his authority with the national emergency declaration. I think congress needs to be more proactive in addressing the issue. They have dropped the ball and need to be held accountable next election.
^^ about where I stand
3/19/2019 11:11 AM
Debts/deficits are awfully dangerous and unacceptable when the other guys are in charge, be it tax and spend liberals or "conservative" Repugs
3/19/2019 12:13 PM
The debt and deficit are two different things with a similar answer.

The debt is basically irrelevant. It doesn't matter.

The deficit also really doesn't matter.
3/19/2019 12:28 PM
Posted by tangplay on 3/18/2019 7:57:00 PM (view original):
Now he is just 'posting facts'
you mean what are facts in his opinion
3/19/2019 12:50 PM
Posted by all3 on 3/19/2019 9:01:00 AM (view original):
Posted by bronxcheer on 3/19/2019 2:50:00 AM (view original):
Crazy people blame Trump, or whoever is POTUS, for their actions all the time.
Just look at how obsessed with him the crazies on this site are and how often they blame him for everything.
I'm curious, all3...who, in your opinion, are the "crazies" on this site? And what, in your opinion, makes them ""crazies"? Is it the fact that they don't agree with you?
3/19/2019 12:52 PM
I consider anyone who takes anything to an extreme level "crazy".
Simple things such as 98 pound women dieting and working-out because they're too fat, or people owning 20 cats seems extreme to me, so I think they are crazy.
Look at what some of these people post (or at least used to post when I read them). Calling them extreme would be an understatement.
I can't control that those people are Liberals (or of liberal beliefs, if they prefer).
I don't see anyone posting white supremacist stuff, or banning all immigration stuff, or homosexual death-threats, or a % income tax bracket for the rich here. Those would be the ultra-right parallels to some of the things people have posted here, and I'd consider them crazy too.
3/19/2019 4:16 PM
Whether you call things crazy or not doesn't eliminate that more and more every day more Americans are blaming the POTUS, or Government, or Big Business, or somebody else for their mistakes or misdoings. WTH did it become fashionable to claim it's never your own fault? People want more and more freedoms, yet want to take less and less responsibility. Sorry, but can't have both.
3/19/2019 4:20 PM
Have you ever heard Trump take blame or responsibility for anything he's done, ever?
3/19/2019 4:25 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by all3 on 3/19/2019 4:59:00 PM (view original):
So his being wrong is everyone else's excuse? "But Donnie did it." - read in whiny, 3-year old voice. Is that really the best our Country has to offer?
Bullsh*t. Take responsibility for your own actions, no matter who you are or what others do.
If you lived in a Country where the leaders were committing genocide, would you join-in too and blame them?
That is rich since the excuse any Trump supporters use when someone points out some crap Trump has done is "well, what about Obama? he did so and so" or "what about Clinton and her emails? and so on.
You're right. People need to take responsibility for their actions. That has been an issue for many people, not just liberals or conservatives
3/19/2019 6:54 PM
That's a BS cop-out wylie.
Maybe some people you know refer back to Obumble, but I know I don't, and I don't think others here have.
Yes, I say Trump was a better choice than HRC, that I'll forever be glad I voted against her, and that her list of crimes if researched the same way for the last 2+ years would make Trump and family look like choir boys, but I'll never use her errors as an excuse for anything Trump, or anyone else, does. Anyone who does that is as lame as doing it now.
3/19/2019 7:08 PM
Posted by wylie715 on 3/19/2019 6:54:00 PM (view original):
Posted by all3 on 3/19/2019 4:59:00 PM (view original):
So his being wrong is everyone else's excuse? "But Donnie did it." - read in whiny, 3-year old voice. Is that really the best our Country has to offer?
Bullsh*t. Take responsibility for your own actions, no matter who you are or what others do.
If you lived in a Country where the leaders were committing genocide, would you join-in too and blame them?
That is rich since the excuse any Trump supporters use when someone points out some crap Trump has done is "well, what about Obama? he did so and so" or "what about Clinton and her emails? and so on.
You're right. People need to take responsibility for their actions. That has been an issue for many people, not just liberals or conservatives
Very true! It's quite annoying. I can't stand when one side justifies their actions based on the fact that the other side did it. But this extends well past politics. Think about the issues teachers have. A generation ago, if a student got in trouble in school he got his butt wore out when he got home. Now, if a kid gets in trouble the parents first reaction is "that teacher has it out for my kid. He's just picking on him because (fill in the blank)".
3/19/2019 7:41 PM
3/20/2019 7:05 AM
◂ Prev 1...219|220|221|222|223...229 Next ▸
Lets debate! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.