Lets debate! Topic

All that garbage is made-up by the Government, man.
A lil' weed never hurt anybody.
Don't effect my thinkin' or drivin' none at all.

So is the BS some want the rest of us to buy-into.
I guess they think that between alcohol, phones, food, etc., we don't have enough things distracting and/or impairing people while they drive.
Let's kill more people on our roads.
3/20/2019 9:17 AM
Posted by strikeout26 on 3/20/2019 7:05:00 AM (view original):
https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2019/03/19/704948217/daily-marijuana-use-and-highly-potent-weed-linked-to-psychosis

More and more evidence is popping up about the dangers of weed.
There are also studies that show people with existing mental health problems are more likely to self medicate with drugs prior to seeking professional treatment.

Not saying that study was bad, but it was observational. It’s not like they took a group of random people, gave some weed, and measured psychosis rates.
3/20/2019 10:01 AM
Did you click on the study cited? Admittedly, I saw the article late last night and haven't done any more than a quick glance of the actual study. I plan on actually reading it today.
3/20/2019 10:06 AM
Posted by strikeout26 on 3/20/2019 10:06:00 AM (view original):
Did you click on the study cited? Admittedly, I saw the article late last night and haven't done any more than a quick glance of the actual study. I plan on actually reading it today.
I read the npr article. I didn’t click through to the study. Not saying it was bad, just that, as with a lot of studies, sometimes there are other factors.

I was listening to a powerlifting podcast yesterday. It was four guys, two were medical doctors, one was a pro body builder, and the other was a power lifter. They were taking about diet and how every time a study comes out on the “best” diet, it shows X, which is different from the last study that shows Y.

Part of the explanation turns out that people who participate in diet studies are highly motivated and stick with the plan. And the “best” diet is usually the one that is reasonably healthy that you actually stick to. So the results achieved were that. People stuck to the diet.

The weed study wasn’t structured the same but if people who have mental health issues are more likely to use drugs to cope, it makes sense that drug users would have a higher rate of major mental health breakdowns.
3/20/2019 10:45 AM
I can buy that logic.
3/20/2019 11:39 AM
Solid Man...............
3/20/2019 12:11 PM
Posted by all3 on 3/19/2019 7:08:00 PM (view original):
That's a BS cop-out wylie.
Maybe some people you know refer back to Obumble, but I know I don't, and I don't think others here have.
Yes, I say Trump was a better choice than HRC, that I'll forever be glad I voted against her, and that her list of crimes if researched the same way for the last 2+ years would make Trump and family look like choir boys, but I'll never use her errors as an excuse for anything Trump, or anyone else, does. Anyone who does that is as lame as doing it now.
all3, not specifically saying you do this, but I can't even begin to count the number of times I've heard a Trump supporter say "but what about so and so" when someone accuses Trump of anything. For instance, when Trump made his comment about grabbing women by the *****, any time someone said it was sexist (at the very least) the response was almost always but Bill Clinton got a blow job in the oval office!! I understand you feel Trump was a better choice than HRC. I can't even say for sure you are wrong. I don't know. I feel HRC was a better choice (not much better, mind you, but better). We will never know.
3/20/2019 3:20 PM
Posted by strikeout26 on 3/19/2019 7:41:00 PM (view original):
Posted by wylie715 on 3/19/2019 6:54:00 PM (view original):
Posted by all3 on 3/19/2019 4:59:00 PM (view original):
So his being wrong is everyone else's excuse? "But Donnie did it." - read in whiny, 3-year old voice. Is that really the best our Country has to offer?
Bullsh*t. Take responsibility for your own actions, no matter who you are or what others do.
If you lived in a Country where the leaders were committing genocide, would you join-in too and blame them?
That is rich since the excuse any Trump supporters use when someone points out some crap Trump has done is "well, what about Obama? he did so and so" or "what about Clinton and her emails? and so on.
You're right. People need to take responsibility for their actions. That has been an issue for many people, not just liberals or conservatives
Very true! It's quite annoying. I can't stand when one side justifies their actions based on the fact that the other side did it. But this extends well past politics. Think about the issues teachers have. A generation ago, if a student got in trouble in school he got his butt wore out when he got home. Now, if a kid gets in trouble the parents first reaction is "that teacher has it out for my kid. He's just picking on him because (fill in the blank)".
well, one of the biggest problems in the world today, as I see it, is no one wants to take responsibility.
3/20/2019 3:21 PM
Posted by all3 on 3/19/2019 7:08:00 PM (view original):
That's a BS cop-out wylie.
Maybe some people you know refer back to Obumble, but I know I don't, and I don't think others here have.
Yes, I say Trump was a better choice than HRC, that I'll forever be glad I voted against her, and that her list of crimes if researched the same way for the last 2+ years would make Trump and family look like choir boys, but I'll never use her errors as an excuse for anything Trump, or anyone else, does. Anyone who does that is as lame as doing it now.
also, not sure how its a cop out on my part. I defy you to find a post I made where I said "but Trump did it"
3/20/2019 6:01 PM
MAYBE you haven't accused Trump of doing it (and I certainly don't care enough to go digging), but you said his supporters have, in the post that garnered the response. You want to criticize those particular people for acting like 3 year-olds, then go ahead, but since nobody here has done that, it's a BS response. You and others get offended as being lumped as Liberals or Trump-haters, but you have no trouble lumping anyone not bashing the crap out of Trump all together, The hypocracy is laughable - as it is in most Political things these days.
Posted by all3 on 3/19/2019 4:59:00 PM (view original):
So his being wrong is everyone else's excuse? "But Donnie did it." - read in whiny, 3-year old voice. Is that really the best our Country has to offer?
Bullsh*t. Take responsibility for your own actions, no matter who you are or what others do.
If you lived in a Country where the leaders were committing genocide, would you join-in too and blame them?
That is rich since the excuse any Trump supporters use when someone points out some crap Trump has done is "well, what about Obama? he did so and so" or "what about Clinton and her emails? and so on.
You're right. People need to take responsibility for their actions. That has been an issue for many people, not just liberals or conservatives
3/20/2019 6:46 PM
if you think no one here has done that, you haven't been paying attention. I have no problem admitting I do not like Trump or how he behaves. (Hate is a little strong. I don't hate him) It doesn't offend me if you or anyone else calls me a liberal. I just don't think it is correct. Again, I don't accuse Trump of anything he has not done, and if you doubt that, find evidence that I have. If you don't want to try to find non-existing evidence, that is fine. Just don't accuse me of something I haven't done without evidence to back up your accusation. It does offend me when you call me a crazy solely because I have a different opinion than you.
I do take responsibility for my actions. If I do or say something wrong, I have no problem admitting it.
3/20/2019 7:12 PM
When people criticize Trump for dumping on a military hero like John McCain and point out the irony of a rich, entitled draft dodger doing so, the inevitable comeback from Cult 45 is "but what about Bubba Clinton and Barack Obummer". I've seen it hundreds of times on conservative media sites from Trumpies.
3/20/2019 7:24 PM
Re all the people talking about the new democratic party... What's been the defense of Trump's McCain bashing?

Oh, it's that McCain is a traitor to Republicans?

Ok. Great. Let's store that one in the memory bank.
3/20/2019 10:57 PM
Posted by wylie715 on 3/20/2019 7:12:00 PM (view original):
if you think no one here has done that, you haven't been paying attention. I have no problem admitting I do not like Trump or how he behaves. (Hate is a little strong. I don't hate him) It doesn't offend me if you or anyone else calls me a liberal. I just don't think it is correct. Again, I don't accuse Trump of anything he has not done, and if you doubt that, find evidence that I have. If you don't want to try to find non-existing evidence, that is fine. Just don't accuse me of something I haven't done without evidence to back up your accusation. It does offend me when you call me a crazy solely because I have a different opinion than you.
I do take responsibility for my actions. If I do or say something wrong, I have no problem admitting it.
Yes, you are an innocent martyr who has done nothing but be fair and impartial. We should all be thankful for your participation.
3/20/2019 11:10 PM
Posted by all3 on 3/20/2019 11:10:00 PM (view original):
Posted by wylie715 on 3/20/2019 7:12:00 PM (view original):
Yes, you are an innocent martyr who has done nothing but be fair and impartial. We should all be thankful for your participation.
you're one to talk about being impartial. Go f**k yourself.
3/20/2019 11:21 PM
◂ Prev 1...220|221|222|223|224...229 Next ▸
Lets debate! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.