Lets debate! Topic

Posted by laramiebob on 4/29/2024 9:32:00 AM (view original):
Because some peeps think THEY KNOW BETTER. Their God HAS to be the right one to worship. Cause that's what they were programmed to believe.

Propaganda comes in many forms. Religious superiority (I'm walking with and YOU are NOT, you're gonna rot in hell) has the majority of believers walking on the wrong path. They pat each other on the back for their apparent brotherhood, without even a basic understanding of the TRUTH.

God is Love.
Folks stoking hate are definitively NOT walking in TRUTH!

My people suffer from ignorance. I think Paul wrote that!
Hi laramiebob.

Referring to your last line in your post above, concerning Pauls use of the word ignorance. The Strongs exhaustive concordance has it being used only once by Paul in the New Testament. It is used in Acts twice, an epistle of Luke and it is used by the Apostle Peter twice in his first epistle but Paul only uses it once.

Being the New Testament we are using GREEK and translating it into English.

Peter used two different Greek words for ignorance. The second usage In I Pet. 2:15 is the Greek word agnosia (used as a negative particle) as opposed to the root word gnosis (the state of) both words referring to knowledge as either the act of knowing or the implication of knowledge, science. So being used as a negative or opposite we take agnosia to mean (the state of) ignorance or having not the knowledge.

All the other usages of the word ignorance in the New Testament use the Greek word agnoeo. Again used as a negative particle to mean the opposite of knowledge, not to know (through lack of information or intelligence) by implication to ignore (through disinclination):- (be) ignorant, ignorantly, not known.

Agnoeo is used only once by Paul in Ephesians 4:18 "life of God through the ignorance that is in them," and is obviously referring to non-believers.

I don't know who made the statement you are referring to but it certainly wasn't Paul. "My people" sounds like something God might have said in the Old Testament. That would be Hebrew. There is NO passage in the Bible using the word suffer in conjunction with my people and ignorance.

I hope this helps.
4/29/2024 12:03 PM (edited)
Hosea 4:6. “6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children.”
4/29/2024 12:56 PM
Posted by bruceleefan on 4/29/2024 12:56:00 PM (view original):
Hosea 4:6. “6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children.”
This is great! Hosea was the first of 12 minor prophets. Writing from the mid to latter 8th century B. C. He doesn't mention the fall of the Northern Kingdom in 722 but does warn the nation of Israel, beginning in the above 4th chapter. He compares his life of marriage to a Harlot with Israel's Idolatry and future restoration in the first 3 chapters. The first 5 verses of Chapter 4 refer to some of the sins of Israel and then is augmented by the willful ignorance of the Lords people beginning in verse 6.

The Hebrew word for knowledge used here is daat from the root word yada. Yada is a primative root to know (to properly ascertain by seeing) and is used in a great variety of senses including figurative, literal, euphemistic and inferential (including observation-care-recognition-AND is used causatively from instruction to punishment. I could make a list of 50 words here so please look it up yourself. Remember, it is the primitive root. The word used by Hosea is daat meaning (from or out of knowledge) cunning, ignorantly, know, knowledge, unawares, and wittingly.

Suffice to say his prophecy came true for the northern kingdom in 722 and Judah less than 130 years later. The Jews were dispersed a few decades after Jesus death and resurrection. The prophecy of rebuke and future mercy and restoration as the Nation of Israel, found in chapters 5, 6 and 14, was fulfilled in 1948, less than 100 years ago but over 26 centuries after the death of the Prophet.

Good stuff!
4/30/2024 3:04 PM (edited)
Dadgummit! I should have known better than to look!

"Yada is a primative root to know"

Yada, Yada, Yada, Yada, Yada,

Enjoy your self flagulation

4/29/2024 2:09 PM
Posted by laramiebob on 4/29/2024 2:09:00 PM (view original):
Dadgummit! I should have known better than to look!

"Yada is a primative root to know"

Yada, Yada, Yada, Yada, Yada,

Enjoy your self flagulation

Hi laramiebob.

I don't think there is such a word as flagulation. I'm sure you meant flagellation from the Latin.

Simple mistake. Don't beat yourself up over it.

Hope this helps.
4/29/2024 2:22 PM (edited)
Though they plot evil against you and devise wicked schemes, they cannot succeed
Be exalted in your strength, LORD; we will sing and praise your might

Haters gonna hate. In the end that's on them not me. The evil one uses them to kick and scream and shout cuz he knows the end of the story and finds willing victims to detract from the finish line

I've said this once before and gee what a coincidence suddenly a lot of them were deleted, but this guy has posts hating on God/Jesus/Bible 20 years ago. Though I'm not always a fan of their methods or approach, me doug lnf aren't the first he's gone blahblahblah against and 20 years from now we probly won't be the last either. I actually feel really really sorry for him.

Jesus is life. The rest is just details
Same with baseball
4/30/2024 12:11 PM
I don't hate Jesus. I just don't think he was the son of God. I think Jesus was a good man and he had many good ideas. It is too bad that many who call themselves Christians either don't follow them, interpret them in their own way, or only follow the ones they like.As for God, if he/she exists I sure hope he is not the vindictive, hateful God that lnf believes in. I have rarely, if ever, deleted one of my posts, if that is what you're implying. Please find me even one of these posts where I hate on God and Jesus.
4/30/2024 5:32 PM
and I don't need someone like you feeling sorry for me, jerk.
4/30/2024 5:33 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
sure, whatever you say.
5/1/2024 2:07 PM
◂ Prev 1...227|228|229
Lets debate! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.