Lets debate! Topic

I think cccp's definition of poor is - they don't exist. they are just gaming the system, or they are bad with money.
2/19/2019 7:36 PM
Posted by wylie715 on 2/19/2019 7:36:00 PM (view original):
I think cccp's definition of poor is - they don't exist. they are just gaming the system, or they are bad with money.
The poor pay state tax when they buy stuff. Another 2% won’t make a difference to 95% of the people.
2/19/2019 7:56 PM
If you are temporarily poor, it is misfortune and bad circumstances. If you are permanently poor, you are bad with money.
2/19/2019 8:13 PM
Posted by strikeout26 on 2/19/2019 8:13:00 PM (view original):
If you are temporarily poor, it is misfortune and bad circumstances. If you are permanently poor, you are bad with money.
Agreed 100%.

Charge the 2%
2/19/2019 8:52 PM
yeah and lets put them in jail if we can...they are bad people..damn them to hell !
2/19/2019 11:24 PM
Posted by dino27 on 2/19/2019 11:24:00 PM (view original):
yeah and lets put them in jail if we can...they are bad people..damn them to hell !
I'm not sure I should dignify this with a response, but I will anyway. You know that's not what I was saying. Being bad with money doesn't make you a bad person. You also know that if you're permanently poor, it's because you have made bad choices. There is too much opportunity in America for someone to be poor their whole life.
2/19/2019 11:44 PM
some people like to find excuses.
2/19/2019 11:46 PM
when you tax consumption you hurt the consumer and the poor

tax wealth not consumption

wealth not just land

wealth not just income

wealth: the more you got the more we are gonna require. step up to the plate rich patriot

and i want a big damn death tax so you can't sluff it all off to your retarded kids

make them earn it like you did
2/20/2019 4:39 AM
Posted by bagchucker on 2/20/2019 4:39:00 AM (view original):

wealth not just land

wealth not just income

wealth: the more you got the more we are gonna require. step up to the plate rich patriot

and i want a big damn death tax so you can't sluff it all off to your retarded kids

The US already has the 4th highest inheritance tax in the developed world. The problem is there are loopholes available to mostly bypass it. A combination of gifts, charity donation, trusts, and life insurance can pass most of that wealth to your heirs.
2/20/2019 7:01 AM
Topic of the day: Journalistic integrity. When did it die?

In the last couple of weeks, we have had the media report two false stories. The Jussie Smollett and the Covington Catholic story. Both turned out to be false. The major media outlets refused to take blame for the major inaccuracies in both stories. How do we revitalize journalistic integrity as this is essential to our freedoms?
2/20/2019 8:49 AM
Posted by bagchucker on 2/20/2019 4:39:00 AM (view original):

wealth not just land

wealth not just income

Not surprisingly, I couldn't disagree with this more. Honestly, it sounds like something b_l would post.
Maybe we should elect Robin Hood POTUS while we're at it.
Today's topic is?
2/20/2019 8:50 AM
Posted by strikeout26 on 2/20/2019 8:49:00 AM (view original):

In the last couple of weeks, we have had the media report two false stories. The Jussie Smollett and the Covington Catholic story. Both turned out to be false. The major media outlets refused to take blame for the major inaccuracies in both stories. How do we revitalize journalistic integrity as this is essential to our freedoms?
85% of journalists are left leaning so the media is definitely biased. Then you have social media. In the end it is difficult to trust most sources. Similar to sports rumors the political landscape has become the same way. Now in addition to this you have a highly polarized country who sees what they want to see. I will use myself and bad luck as examples.

bad luck believes that anyone who voted for Trump is an idiot. I believe he is a total moron. We just shout over one another and don't listen PLUS we see what we want to see. I saw HRC's server issue as highly suspicious. bad luck yawned and didn't see anything there, which is mind boggling to me. bad luck sees Trump as the anti christ. I see Trump as just another arrogant CEO who has some questionable tactics but overall is not bad at running a company and or country in this case. That is mind boggling to bad luck.

Long story short people see what they want to see. I am not even saying I am right all I am saying is that when for example bad luck and I look at a picture, I see a car and he sees a horse. How on Earth can we ever get on the same page? I see that as being impossible.
2/20/2019 9:47 AM

It died in the late 1800s with William Randolph Hearst...perhaps earlier than that but what Hearst did is undeniable.

I'm a bit surprised that this is a topic of the day. Journalism = Propaganda is as American as baseball and apple pie.
2/20/2019 9:49 AM
Yes, everyone has biases, including journalists. But it is well established that to have journalistic integrity you must present the facts despite your bias. We need journalists with integrity as part of our preservation of freedom. Sure, they are human and will mess up from time to time, but own up to your mistakes and make strides to ensure that it doesn't happen again. If someone wants to be an op-ed writer, that is fine. But don't masquerade as a journalists while trying to push a narrative.
2/20/2019 9:53 AM
Posted by gomiami1972 on 2/20/2019 9:50:00 AM (view original):

It died in the late 1800s with William Randolph Hearst...perhaps earlier than that but what Hearst did is undeniable.

I'm a bit surprised that this is a topic of the day. Journalism = Propaganda is as American as baseball and apple pie.
Maybe you're right. I still think it's bad for the country.
2/20/2019 9:55 AM
◂ Prev 1...110|111|112|113|114...230 Next ▸
Lets debate! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.