NFL DRAFT LEAGUE (NDL) 12--FULL Topic

if your going to lower the cap I<m out... to keep this moving along like baseball how about using 4 less teams to fill it up every time .. I know I stopped playing basketball because the game stinks and everyone uses the same players on every team and the cap is just to low
5/18/2019 1:45 PM
Posted by grayfoxx on 5/20/2019 2:03:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bhammy on 5/14/2019 2:16:00 AM (view original):
Posted by grayfoxx on 5/2/2019 2:35:00 PM (view original):
Posted by mptrey on 4/28/2019 2:35:00 PM (view original):
C'mon people! Don't let this stall out so close to getting it filled.

Super fun league, I joined last season without any experience except for a couple exhibition games and still put together a decent team. You can too!
Which *people* are you talking about - there arent that many football sim players in here.

The same regulars have been playing this league for 15 seasons - the thrill of *something new* is gone.
Unfortunately I have to agree with grayfoxx here. I mean GoatHammer tried to put a $100 gift certificate to the winner of a tournament he tried to start and still couldn't get 24 different owners to play. He use to play in a lot of theme leagues a group of about 10 of us play all the time but he stopped doing those. I don't even think he is on the site anymore because it takes so long to fill these leagues unless owners take multiple teams.
Maybe if you brought your group of 10 over here it wouldnt take 4 months to fill up.
It's not my group. I think 5 or 6 of those owners are here though. I'm sorry I can't fill the entire league, my bad. You have any friends grayfoxx??
5/20/2019 2:54 PM
Posted by grayfoxx on 5/20/2019 3:38:00 PM (view original):
Oh wait.............. did you mean in real life ?

I only know one other person who plays WiS.
It was rhetorical, I know you don't. I'll be your friend if you need one.
5/20/2019 3:56 PM
Sign me up for another team, let's get this going.
5/25/2019 8:33 PM
we're gettin close; 22 down, 2 to go! who else wants two teams?!
5/26/2019 6:54 AM
Sorry guys, I really like the idea of this league but grayfoxx is somehow involved in it. So unfortunately I'll have to remove my 2 teams. GL to everyone else.
5/28/2019 11:15 PM
I can take a 2nd team if needed.
5/29/2019 6:40 PM
C'mon bhammy, don't be that way. grayfoxx is definitely an aquired taste (usually sour lol), but ya have to learn to play with others...some you may not like. I don't think grayfoxx is signed up anyways. He just kinda lurks and often takes a team when someone backs out at the last minute. I beg you to reconsider!
6/5/2019 2:49 AM
Posted by amerk1180 on 6/5/2019 2:49:00 AM (view original):
C'mon bhammy, don't be that way. grayfoxx is definitely an aquired taste (usually sour lol), but ya have to learn to play with others...some you may not like. I don't think grayfoxx is signed up anyways. He just kinda lurks and often takes a team when someone backs out at the last minute. I beg you to reconsider!
The problem I have with grayfoxx is not his attitude or anything like that. The fact is he has multiple accounts under different names. So in any format where trading is available it is an unfair situation. That is why a couple of us quit progressive leagues we were in with him. I know he has multiple accounts but it is impossible to know how many and which ones.
If there are no trading of picks in this league I guess I could keep 2 teams. I just hate playing with cheaters, especially when no real money is at stake and no need to cheat.
6/5/2019 8:25 PM (edited)
OK....While we have no rules against trading picks in this league, I honestly cannot recall one time in the previous 11 seasons of this league where anyone traded picks, and certainly I don't recall grayfoxx trading any picks. As I said, he is not currently signed up, and it all owners who are signed up do show up and make their picks, I will have no need to ask grayfoxx to bail us out.

That is the main reason I have not signed up for two teams myself. I figure, if we can get one more owner to sign up, and someone fails to show up for the draft once we get started, I will take over the drafting of that team.

Bottom line is....I don't think you have anything to worry about regarding grayfoxx.
6/6/2019 2:48 AM
I don't recall anyone ever trading picks in this league since its an all time draft. You can get studs in any round.
6/6/2019 12:33 PM
I will take the last open spot.
6/6/2019 12:42 PM
bhammy,
I know there is no way I am going to change your mind, but I will swear on whatever you want me to swear on.......... I am not running any teams under a different username.
6/6/2019 9:07 PM
GFoxx is now ****** at me because I didn't take his side, or said he is "just lurking about" or whatever. This is so petty but I have to admit that grayfoxx compiled all the records for my NDL league history ON HIS OWN TIME WITH NO PROMPTING FROM ME! And for what it's worth, I have never even suspected grayfoxx of having multiple nicknames or cheating in ANY way in my NDL franchise. As far as I am concerned bhammy, grayfoxx is above reproach in my eyes. I probably should have said that in my first response to you.

It is so difficult massaging the egos and feelings of everyone on WIS. I have always kinda felt that grayfoxx never liked me and seemed to me like he thought I was some kinda moron, but the fact is, I have NEVER felt he was cheating or anything in ANY way in my leagues.

Like I told bhammy, you have to try to get along with everyone on here and not have hard feelings between you and anybody. Even though I have honestly felt that grayfoxx doesn't really respect me, I bear no ill will toward him, and appreciate the compiling of records and stats for the NDL. I actually wish he would just say "OK, I'll take the last spot in your league to that we all can justr get going on a draft"!
6/9/2019 3:53 AM
I think he did say he would take the last spot.
6/9/2019 8:59 AM
◂ Prev 12345 Next ▸
NFL DRAFT LEAGUE (NDL) 12--FULL Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.