Booster Gift in Div 1A Topic

I should know this, but never recruited with this; can and how will this negatively effect me?
2/9/2019 1:33 PM
gave cars to two recruits at UCLA

its not clear to me whether they accepted them or not but both players signed. of course they may have signed without the cars

got investigated, one player kicked off the team, reputation dropped two or three letter grades

but USC didn't get the players either
2/9/2019 3:34 PM
when you promise a guy starts or playing time he gets a little icon next to his name

same with booster gifts, he gets a gray box

my two recruits had the gray box but there was a red X through it implying he refused the gift

but i don think the sim would kick a kid off the team if he refused the gift

so i'm not sure exactly what transpired. i will play around with it again when my rep gets back to A. if ever
2/9/2019 3:46 PM (edited)
also job status dropped to Little Or No Jeopardy so i assume that means less leeway, easier to get fired
2/9/2019 3:57 PM (edited)
Do you always get caught?
2/9/2019 6:09 PM
i think there's a fair chance you always get investigated

because the three times i messed with it i got investigated

but this was the first time i payed what i regard to be a serious penalty

the first two times were a couple years ago prolly in D2/3 and involved only hundred dollar bills

2/9/2019 8:39 PM
then all it was was a letter from the college president reminding me how the football program reflected on the reputation of the college

someone told me though that he or she tried once to offer every kid a little something, not cars, and the program got put on probation

whereas at UCLA we got to play (and win!) a bowl game

so its hard to say
2/9/2019 8:59 PM
Remember reading from one of coaches with more exper with booster gifts, that there are certain indicators in the scout report that the player was receptive to them or not.
I never got into them so that's all I know. Maybe someone knows more ?
2/9/2019 9:01 PM
Posted by AudieMurphy on 2/9/2019 6:09:00 PM (view original):
Do you always get caught?
No but the % is high.
2/10/2019 1:15 AM
Wow, so yeah huge risk...
2/10/2019 9:45 AM
suppose you're out of money locked in a battle against a c*nt *** bastard you hate

what we call a rival

and this is for the greatest high school kid you ever seen

and the kid just now flat out tol you he is lookin in another direction

and your reputation is A+ you been known as true blue honest john all your professional coaching life

how you gonna turn his head

that's the time to pull the trigger i'm thinkin
2/10/2019 10:51 AM (edited)
Pull the trigger - And shoot the kid ?
Maybe you should just try booster gifts ?
2/10/2019 11:46 AM
2/11/2019 11:17 PM
Posted by mojolad on 2/10/2019 11:48:00 AM (view original):
Pull the trigger - And shoot the kid ?
Maybe you should just try booster gifts ?
That is a booster gift....who is going to pull the trigger? hire the hitman? Not the squeaky clean coach, he/she is protecting the reputation of the school.
2/12/2019 12:07 AM
Football cookies. Mmm :)
2/12/2019 9:24 AM
12 Next ▸
Booster Gift in Div 1A Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.