huskerfan26 is back! Topic

Posted by seble on 2/12/2019 1:12:00 PM (view original):
Yes, the account was transferred from one person to another, which is against our rules, and always has been. I gave him an opportunity to create a new account and transfer prizes and unused seasons, but he declined. I don't like having to do this, but we can't have people passing around accounts.
Then I guess you got a lot of coaches to kick out this game then. Better get started, pretty soon you'll be eating up the dollar in profit you make!

The admin and support staff for this product is a joke. Its shame what this could be with legitimate customer service, and an admin that gave a rats azz.
2/13/2019 6:44 AM
I understand that this person was a very good GD coach, and I'd love for him to stay, but he chose not to continue with a new account. Having to enforce rules like this is the worst part of my job, but I can't pick and choose when to enforce them or there would be no point in having them. If I allow this person to keep the account, then I can't credibly enforce that rule ever again.

There's no legitimate reason to take over another person's account. Anyone that does so has to understand that it's beneficial to them, and skirts the established structure of the games. I'm surprised that more people don't have a problem with someone skipping the time and effort to advance to DI when all of you presumably had to do that. I have to believe it's a personal reaction to this being a popular coach, and would be much different if it were someone less known or disliked.

If there are other cases of transferred accounts, then those should be reported and I'll investigate.
2/13/2019 11:29 AM
Posted by seble on 2/13/2019 11:29:00 AM (view original):
I understand that this person was a very good GD coach, and I'd love for him to stay, but he chose not to continue with a new account. Having to enforce rules like this is the worst part of my job, but I can't pick and choose when to enforce them or there would be no point in having them. If I allow this person to keep the account, then I can't credibly enforce that rule ever again.

There's no legitimate reason to take over another person's account. Anyone that does so has to understand that it's beneficial to them, and skirts the established structure of the games. I'm surprised that more people don't have a problem with someone skipping the time and effort to advance to DI when all of you presumably had to do that. I have to believe it's a personal reaction to this being a popular coach, and would be much different if it were someone less known or disliked.

If there are other cases of transferred accounts, then those should be reported and I'll investigate.
That's because everyone knows DIII is a joke (unless you're brand new and learning, or like that level) and this coach has already proven he doesnt need to learn the game. I always thought that was why you truly needed to start at the bottom was to learn the game otherwise you would definitely get fired. The user has proven he understands the game. You're right about us trying to defend a member of the GD community. We need more members like him out here, who care about this game and not forcing the good ones out.
2/13/2019 11:40 AM

I have to believe it's a personal reaction to this being a popular coach, and would be much different if it were someone less known or disliked.

Actually, I have no issue with someone taking over an account to skip the existing process (which I believe turns people away FWIW) as long as the coach plays by the rules. The entire reason people take over accounts is to skip the existing process.

nitros

2/13/2019 11:41 AM
Regardless of anyone's opinion of the value of moving up the divisions, it is part of the game. Everyone should play by the same rules, whether they agree with them or not.

That rule exists for other reasons as well. An account represents a person's identity and history on the site, and shouldn't be transferred.
2/13/2019 11:47 AM
Posted by seble on 2/13/2019 11:29:00 AM (view original):

Its been happening since I've been playing this game. So I guess you need to go back through the boards and check for yourself since you have access to the same things we do, if not more. You're picking and choosing when to enforce made up rules, because if this was a "rule", why were coaches openly discussing this stuff for YEARS. Since I've played this game its happened. Coaches have been taking over accounts for ages, and for this to be the response to a rule no know knew...yea that's bad business. For you come on here and act like its something that's been enforced and a known rule is insane. You're lying to yourself and most importantly the entire GD community. If you say it has been enforced prove it? In what instance? I'll wait, please correct me if I'm wrong!

The appropriate response is for you to give this man his teams back under a new screen name if it fits your fancies and make a statement that going forward this will not be tolerated. But hey whose really trying to cheat here...you let the cheaters go seasons without saying anything. You let coaches with the same name coach for seasons in the same conference and nothing. Now we choose to enforce an imaginary rule because of what? Hell where is Bk when you need him, time to round of the cheaters because lord knows WIS can't. They applaud them and let them cheat there way to titles and say nothing for years.
2/13/2019 12:03 PM
Posted by seble on 2/13/2019 11:48:00 AM (view original):
Regardless of anyone's opinion of the value of moving up the divisions, it is part of the game. Everyone should play by the same rules, whether they agree with them or not.

That rule exists for other reasons as well. An account represents a person's identity and history on the site, and shouldn't be transferred.
Bravo to you for enforcing your unknown rule.

Whats next we already ruined D3 so is D2 next?
2/13/2019 12:06 PM
seble will you remove other coaches that have done the same as huskerfan26? I have a list of coaches that i can send you.
2/13/2019 12:07 PM
Posted by tampafla on 2/13/2019 12:06:00 PM (view original):
Posted by seble on 2/13/2019 11:48:00 AM (view original):

Bravo to you for enforcing your unknown rule.

Whats next we already ruined D3 so is D2 next?
Sounds like recruiting is next. I love how 0% of the time SportsHub listens to its customers. GL with your recruiting updates all.
2/13/2019 12:15 PM
Posted by nitros on 2/13/2019 11:41:00 AM (view original):

I have to believe it's a personal reaction to this being a popular coach, and would be much different if it were someone less known or disliked.

Actually, I have no issue with someone taking over an account to skip the existing process (which I believe turns people away FWIW) as long as the coach plays by the rules. The entire reason people take over accounts is to skip the existing process.

nitros

Ditto what nitros said.

The existing structure is not good. I would think anyone who's played this game and gone up to D1 would agree it's a waste of time (once you've learned the game) and requires little effort. I think that's one reason why so many people don't have a problem with it. Four plus months of gameplay that you're not very interested in is tedious.

Seble, you say you have to enforce the rule, that you can't pick and choose when to enforce them in order to credibly do so. I've been in your position before and I understand that. It is a thankless task. Yet on this side it feels like you *are* picking and choosing here, and it makes me very uncomfortable as a consumer of your product. I've never heard of this rule, never seen it enforced, never thought it unfair. You've said it's been around since the beginning, but since I can find no evidence of it, I can only assume you're referring to the Fair Play Guidelines. As a consumer, it feels like something was just decided to be unfair, and someone is being punished for having done it four years ago. At this point, I don't expect you to reverse your position. I'm simply making this statement to let you know why this situation bothers me.

At the least, I think you've discovered most people don't have a problem with someone skipping the time and effort to advance to D1. There's a reason for that, and hopefully that reveals to you an opportunity to improve the game.
2/13/2019 12:34 PM (edited)
Doesn't bother me someone taking over someone else's account. It would be appreciated if it is done that the new coach taking over let's us know that he aint the original "RonJeremy" so at least we would know who we're dealing with.
Perhaps management should think about allowing this ?
2/13/2019 12:38 PM
Posted by blitziscomin on 2/13/2019 12:07:00 PM (view original):
seble will you remove other coaches that have done the same as huskerfan26? I have a list of coaches that i can send you.
Yes, If I can confirm that an account has been transferred, I will close it, just like I've done here. We've never allowed someone to transfer, so if it happened, it's because we didn't know about it. We can't possibly monitor ever forum and chat post, so unless it's been reported, we don't know about it.
2/13/2019 1:05 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
I can certainly understand not wanting to start in DIII in a new world if you have experience in another world. That's a game idea worth exploring. The appropriate way to accomplish that is to suggest and support that change to me, not to circumvent the rules.
2/13/2019 1:06 PM
Thanks for taking the time to engage in this discussion Sebel, much appreciated.

nitros
2/13/2019 1:32 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4...7 Next ▸
huskerfan26 is back! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.