huskerfan26 is back! Topic

Welcome back, kc. Nice to see you actually have a team now.
2/14/2019 12:37 PM
Posted by scrodz on 2/14/2019 12:37:00 PM (view original):
Welcome back, kc. Nice to see you actually have a team now.
Ha, Happy Valentine's Day to you too scrodz!
2/14/2019 12:39 PM
Posted by kcsundevil on 2/14/2019 12:33:00 PM (view original):
Posted by waregl72 on 2/14/2019 12:28:00 PM (view original):
"You agree not to use the email address or password of another member or subscriber at any time and not to allow any other person to use your account."

So does that mean that you can't have people help you recruit when you can't? I don't know how you would do it other than using their account.
Yep, violation, but has always been tolerated.

I want to give seble the benefit of the doubt here. Still hoping he will work out a constructive solution that acknowledges WIS let this get away from them through 10+ years of lax enforcement.
It also means you can't have a co-coached team. I totally admit to doing this when I first started many many years ago. A friend of mine was playing and he brought me in to coach his defense while he coached the offense. I got a team and he helped me. I have not done this since I came back, but I think I have seen there are still coaches doing it.
2/14/2019 12:54 PM
twobuckchuck in hayes is bagchucker coaches and chrondon84 recruits

twobuckchuck has never been at more than one college in a season

twobuckchuck used to be bagchucker coaches and bkdries recruits, so maybe you could argue the account was transferred

but bagchucker funded the account from the git go

i do, of course, share the account password with the recruiter, and talk football with him or her
2/14/2019 2:09 PM
Hey guys, after some more thought on the subject I've decided to give everyone who's transferred an account in the past a one-time exception. In that spirit, I've invited huskerfan26 to come back and resume control of the account. I'm also in the process of sending a site-wide sitemail to remind everyone of the rule. This reminder also serves as a final warning, so any future violations will result in immediate closure of the account.

I hope we can now move past this incident and focus on the recruiting updates that I'm working on now.

Thanks for all the feedback.
2/14/2019 6:13 PM
Posted by seble on 2/13/2019 11:29:00 AM (view original):
I understand that this person was a very good GD coach, and I'd love for him to stay, but he chose not to continue with a new account. Having to enforce rules like this is the worst part of my job, but I can't pick and choose when to enforce them or there would be no point in having them. If I allow this person to keep the account, then I can't credibly enforce that rule ever again.

There's no legitimate reason to take over another person's account. Anyone that does so has to understand that it's beneficial to them, and skirts the established structure of the games. I'm surprised that more people don't have a problem with someone skipping the time and effort to advance to DI when all of you presumably had to do that. I have to believe it's a personal reaction to this being a popular coach, and would be much different if it were someone less known or disliked.

If there are other cases of transferred accounts, then those should be reported and I'll investigate.
What about accounts where people pay for another account to play the game and either run both teams or run both teams for all intents and purposes? You seemed to have no issue with that in Sim Basketball, but now you're suddenly going to have a conscience?
2/14/2019 6:30 PM
top notch, seble. ty, sir.
2/14/2019 6:31 PM
Posted by seble on 2/14/2019 6:13:00 PM (view original):
Hey guys, after some more thought on the subject I've decided to give everyone who's transferred an account in the past a one-time exception. In that spirit, I've invited huskerfan26 to come back and resume control of the account. I'm also in the process of sending a site-wide sitemail to remind everyone of the rule. This reminder also serves as a final warning, so any future violations will result in immediate closure of the account.

I hope we can now move past this incident and focus on the recruiting updates that I'm working on now.

Thank you seble. This is a good result.

Hopefully husker will accept your invitation.
2/14/2019 6:31 PM

Thank you!
2/14/2019 6:35 PM
I suggest that this Amnesty be referred to as the "Hypnotoad Rule" going forward.
2/14/2019 6:57 PM

This is awesome! Thank you for listening and doing the right thing.
2/14/2019 7:18 PM
good call seble that was the right thing to do
2/14/2019 8:35 PM
very cool seble!
2/14/2019 8:41 PM
Good call seble.

nitros
2/14/2019 8:51 PM
Ebel331 asked me to say Thanks, Seble!
2/14/2019 10:43 PM
◂ Prev 1...4|5|6|7 Next ▸
huskerfan26 is back! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.