huskerfan26 is back! Topic

This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by l80r20 on 2/13/2019 3:43:00 PM (view original):
"The user has proven he understands the game." but obviously not the rules. Seble gave him his chance to play by the rules and the guy picked up his ball and went home. Good bye to that type, and shame on everyone who is so entitled that they don't see this. This thread seems to be full of the latter.
You knew that acquiring an account was against the rules? Props to you, you knew more than 99% of the GD and probably WIS community. Easier for you to say well he was given a chance... you have 1 team. The account I question had 7 teams and 6 elites so a little more work and success just thrown away.
2/13/2019 4:04 PM (edited)
Posted by hookemhorns7 on 2/13/2019 4:04:00 PM (view original):
Posted by l80r20 on 2/13/2019 3:43:00 PM (view original):
"The user has proven he understands the game." but obviously not the rules. Seble gave him his chance to play by the rules and the guy picked up his ball and went home. Good bye to that type, and shame on everyone who is so entitled that they don't see this. This thread seems to be full of the latter.
You knew that acquiring an account was against the rules? Props to you, you knew more than 99% of the GD and probably WIS community. Easier for you to say well he was given a chance... you have 1 team. The account I question had 7 teams and 6 elites so a little more work and success just thrown away.
Gerald Ford pardoned Nixon after Watergate. Maybe Sebel can pardon Husker26?
2/13/2019 4:08 PM
Posted by seble on 2/13/2019 3:41:00 PM (view original):
If this thread is going to turn into an account witch hunt, I'll close it down. There's no rule against multiple accounts as long as you follow the Fair Play Guidelines. If someone is violating those, contact us with the evidence. Otherwise, it would be nice to move on.

Thanks
Want to know an easy way to move on? Reinstate him. The fact that you banned a member, who has contributed to the game greatly and is a frequent client, for "breaking a rule" which can't be found in the fair play guidelines and wasn't being enforced prior to this instance is asinine. You then attempt to distract everyone with a thread about improving recruiting? We should all be insulted but then again, why should we ever expect more from WIS?

I came back this season in hopes that WIS and GD had changed. The timing of this just proves that I never should have come back. You sir are making an incredibly foolish decision. Don't give me this "we're updating the game BS". You continue to listen to the two users who actually cause issues, while banning and ignoring the good guys (the other 95% of WIS users). You literally have two coaches in Rockne, with the same name, in the same conference but because they claim to be brothers, they get away with it. Yet, husker of all people gets banned. Your priorities are as whacked as your customer service tactics.

Good day to you.
2/13/2019 7:34 PM
Posted by kcsundevil on 2/13/2019 8:16:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bomber085 on 2/13/2019 7:34:00 PM (view original):
If this thread is going to turn into an account witch hunt, I'll close it down. There's no rule against multiple accounts as long as you follow the Fair Play Guidelines. If someone is violating those, contact us with the evidence. Otherwise, it would be nice to move on.

Thanks
Want to know an easy way to move on? Reinstate him. The fact that you banned a member, who has contributed to the game greatly and is a frequent client, for "breaking a rule" which can't be found in the fair play guidelines and wasn't being enforced prior to this instance is asinine. You then attempt to distract everyone with a thread about improving recruiting? We should all be insulted but then again, why should we ever expect more from WIS?

I came back this season in hopes that WIS and GD had changed. The timing of this just proves that I never should have come back. You sir are making an incredibly foolish decision. Don't give me this "we're updating the game BS". You continue to listen to the two users who actually cause issues, while banning and ignoring the good guys (the other 95% of WIS users). You literally have two coaches in Rockne, with the same name, in the same conference but because they claim to be brothers, they get away with it. Yet, husker of all people gets banned. Your priorities are as whacked as your customer service tactics.

Good day to you.
"You agree not to use the email address or password of another member or subscriber at any time and not to allow any other person to use your account."

I'll give you that enforcement has been inconsistent. Didn't the yatzr recruiting tool require users to give their credentials to yatzr's database?
Where was that, kcsundevil?

EDIT: Nevermind, I think I found it by Googling your quote: https://www.whatifsports.com/account/termsofuse/
If you'll note the date of this statement, it was after the account in question was transferred.

Not posting this expecting seble to reverse his decision, just for clarity.
2/13/2019 8:36 PM (edited)
Posted by arcadecowboy on 2/13/2019 8:27:00 PM (view original):
Posted by kcsundevil on 2/13/2019 8:16:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bomber085 on 2/13/2019 7:34:00 PM (view original):

Thanks

Good day to you.
"You agree not to use the email address or password of another member or subscriber at any time and not to allow any other person to use your account."

I'll give you that enforcement has been inconsistent. Didn't the yatzr recruiting tool require users to give their credentials to yatzr's database?
Where was that, kcsundevil?
Terms of Use (right above the Access heading), not Fair Play.

Edit to add, I'm pretty sure this rule has been in WIS's terms for over a decade. If anyone's bored enough to go to Internet Archive and look for it, kindly report back to us.
2/13/2019 8:38 PM (edited)
Just edited my question, didn't see your response. I can't find the Access heading (not sure where that is) but I'm assuming the date is the same.
2/13/2019 8:38 PM
Am I real?
2/13/2019 8:49 PM
Well, whaddyaknow. Doesn't make me feel like it was the right call, but it was in the FoxSports terms of service as of 2010 at least, buried in 6000+ words no one read through. But there.

At least it wasn't the iTunes/humancentiPad agreement.
2/13/2019 8:50 PM
Posted by Jbar1587 on 2/13/2019 8:49:00 PM (view original):
Am I real?
Yes.
2/13/2019 8:51 PM
Posted by arcadecowboy on 2/13/2019 8:51:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Jbar1587 on 2/13/2019 8:49:00 PM (view original):
Am I real?
Yes.
South Park reference....not the humanctipad one though.
2/13/2019 8:53 PM
look it, the guy broke a rule that many of us (who have played for years) didnt know. The intent was agreed by all not to circumvent the rule. It was not to cheat and it was certainly not malicious. SO, all of us should know the rules, and if we don't, fine, its on us. smack him on the hand, though. chopping his head off doesn't make sense, though. the punishment should meet the crime. there was flexibility to let him keep the rewards he won by using an account that wasn't his, so that proves there is grace to be had. I think reparations can be made and a solution is available to satisfy all - even the whistle blower who didnt even know he was blowing the whistle in this direction.

Why not just flip the proposed sanctions? let him keep his jobs/status but confiscate the prizes/credits won while using them. that levies consequences for sure. I think the situation in general and the thread, specifically, has educated us and provided for the end result that sanctions would be intended for - to deter the behavior in the future. Making it punitive past that end has no purpose. no value. I contend it actually would be detrimental in this case.
2/13/2019 8:59 PM
Posted by seble on 2/13/2019 11:29:00 AM (view original):
I understand that this person was a very good GD coach, and I'd love for him to stay, but he chose not to continue with a new account. Having to enforce rules like this is the worst part of my job, but I can't pick and choose when to enforce them or there would be no point in having them. If I allow this person to keep the account, then I can't credibly enforce that rule ever again.

There's no legitimate reason to take over another person's account. Anyone that does so has to understand that it's beneficial to them, and skirts the established structure of the games. I'm surprised that more people don't have a problem with someone skipping the time and effort to advance to DI when all of you presumably had to do that. I have to believe it's a personal reaction to this being a popular coach, and would be much different if it were someone less known or disliked.

If there are other cases of transferred accounts, then those should be reported and I'll investigate.
Thanks for the note kcsundevil. My post was in reply to this mess.

"Having to enforce rules is the worst part of your job" Yet, you haven't notably enforced this rule in a decade.

"Anyone that does so has to understand that it's beneficial to them, and skirts the established structure of the games." If this is unfair, why is it not in your very own fair play guidelines and why the hell has it not been enforced until now?

" I'm surprised that more people don't have a problem with someone skipping the time and effort to advance to DI when all of you presumably had to do that." This is the most ridiculous statement. You're really surprised? Well, here's a truth bomb for you. No one is here because the game is enjoyable, and there's communication from the staff, and constant updates, and consistency from leadership. The game literally hasn't changed in 5 years. Want to know why this game has survived? Community. People like huskerfan. Great job on banning him...I'm sure your " recruiting update" will save the day.

Side note to all readers...expect this "update" to mirror Seble's HD. Any forum asking for your suggestions is a mere formality. They aren't listening now and they won't listen later.
2/13/2019 8:59 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5|6|7 Next ▸
huskerfan26 is back! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.