I'm about ready to start working on some improvements to the recruiting tools as they currently stand, so I'd like to hear some feedback from you guys about what you'd like to see. These could be features that were part of the yatzr tool that many coaches used, or other ideas that you think would make the game better.

I'm looking for smaller ideas that will make recruiting easier and quicker. I also want to keep this on the topic of recruiting for now.

Thanks!
2/12/2019 7:44 PM
Thanks, seble!! #1 on my 'easy' list - Bulk recruiting. e.g. the ability to send scouts out to multiple players at the same time, the ability to send out scholarship offers to multiple players at the same time, etc.
2/12/2019 8:23 PM (edited)
Thanks for the thread:

1. Bulk recruiting.
2. Window that shows distance to the player for teams that are "yellow" on the player.
3. Link emails related to the recruit to the recruit page. I hate sifting through all my emails (searching by name) to find information about the recruit.
4. Easy access to players that are green or yellow for a team. I recommend showing that information through the search tab under recruiting (e.g. "search by team"). So, if I want to see all the players yellow or green for Temple, I can just search "Temple" and it shows the players.
5. Visual interface. I would prefer to have the search display function more like yatzr (e.g. player name, attributes, distance from your team, position ratings and teams that are recruiting that player).

Thanks.

nitros
2/12/2019 8:35 PM
1. Bulk recruiting
2. Distance and division of schools on a playet
3. eMails with player per nitros
4. Search a team including green/yellow as above but include # of schollies to fill
5. Allow gpa as part of search
2/12/2019 10:03 PM
Have in season scouting reports you receive from you ac to actually tell you something like they do once recruiting starts. It would be nice for them to let you know information about the recruit.

Secondly, have the in season ac scouting reports actually have an impact on recruiting. It would be nice to have a guy Green or yellow when recruiting starts.
2/12/2019 10:31 PM
We totally agree with In season scouting reports!
2/12/2019 11:40 PM
1. PLEASE, six-hour cycles like HD has.

2. Right now we have assistant coach scouting trips of 0 to x miles. It would be useful to have trips like the skill filters in recruiting ... less than ... less than or equal to ... more than or equal to ... more than. Hopefully since the coding is already there for the skills filters it would work the same for the miles filters and wouldn't be too hard to code. Thanks.
2/13/2019 2:05 AM
How about an ability to see more than just 50 players a page. I hate having to click next every 50 players. Also bulk recruiting and distance to other teams would be helpful. In season scouting reports are as worthless as durability. I don't even pay attention to them and hands for that matter.
2/13/2019 2:58 AM
Have formation IQ be something you can search by and have all email responses from recruits accurately let you know where you stand with them as compared with other coaches on them.
2/13/2019 5:21 AM
Six-hour cycles.
2/13/2019 6:21 AM
- column for GPA.
- add at least a hover state to see which school recruit is considering.
- as previously mentioned, BULK actions for recruiting.
- indicator for pending on next cycle. If indicator displays, then recruit has pending action waiting to take place on next cycle.
- Recruit Compare optimized. should display more than 10. delete all.
- tracking potential when dealing with large number of recruits. ability to add notes to recruit and have it carry over to signing or removed if unsigned.

2/13/2019 7:33 AM
Thanks Seble!
On the search recruits page have it show for each school listed how many scholarships a school has and how many of those have been currently filled. ie:
instead of just showing Temple have it show Temple 12/7 (12 scholarships with 7 filled thus far)
instead of just showing "multiple" have it show Virginia 8/6, Rutgers 9/3, Penn St 18/11.

On the recruit profile page where it shows the schools the player is considering, instead of them being listed in random order list them top to bottom to reflect the school winning the recruiting battle. Sure this info is available via email, but, having it be reflected on the recruit profile page will let all schools see whose winning a particular battle....would add an intriguing aspect to recruiting. For instance, let's say I'm battling Virginia for an OL and Virginia has one scholarship left but is on two OL. Seeing them leading another battle for a better OL could influence my recruiting strategy regarding my battle with Virginia for "our" OL - I may hold off a bit knowing they're already winning a battle and are likely to sign that OL. Just a thought.
2/13/2019 7:39 AM
All kinds of good requests." But only ones I can't live without":
Miles away recruit is from teams that are yellow to him with your team-And How many scholarships those teams have !
(I get tired: going to mapquest and figuring how far they are - And then clicking on the teams yellow to me and Counting how many players they have and subtracting that number from 50 to figure how many scholarships they have.)
2/13/2019 9:33 AM (edited)
Hey Mojolad, during recruiting you can go to Standings -> Team Ratings and you'll see exactly how many players a team has. I used to count them as well. Most of the time, schools you'd be competing against will be on the page for the Division, so you don't have to go digging through conferences.
2/13/2019 9:35 AM
Posted by jeffn48 on 2/13/2019 9:35:00 AM (view original):
Hey Mojolad, during recruiting you can go to Standings -> Team Ratings and you'll see exactly how many players a team has. I used to count them as well. Most of the time, schools you'd be competing against will be on the page for the Division, so you don't have to go digging through conferences.
Good tip. Thank you. It would be nice to have it as part of string after name on recruit. When I see recruit page, it has team such as Miami 41/9 instead of just Miami for example.
2/13/2019 9:41 AM
1|2|3...8 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.