1. Move the worlds back to their previous schedule. If this is done, I will work on bringing back the podcasts to Wilkinson.

2. Instead of 5 actions = one group of 5 actions, have it equal 5 INDIVIDUAL actions. This would actually be the easiest way to make recruiting less tedious.

3. Ability to view entire team's recruiting interest.

4. Increased scholarships for 1AA and 1A. Increased # of players. Do not do one of these without the other.

5. Separate scouting budget from recruiting budget. Everyone gets same amount of scouting budget, recruiting budget is based on # of scholarships.
a. Add ability to scout in-season.

6. Add Athletes as a position. We get to assign their position once the recruiting period ends, without penalty to ratings.

7. Pipeline states. Example: If I have 10 players from SC on my roster, I receive a small bonus for recruiting in that state. Limit this to three states, and have a minimum # of players on current roster from said state to qualify.

8. Create JUCO and transfer portal. Instead of players losing WE for broken promises, they become more likely to enter the transfer portal. This will help even the playing field between elites and non-elites. Additionally, while the JUCO portion maybe difficult to create immediately, a transfer portal shouldn't be too difficult.

9. Create a field to show the "potential" number. This field shows as a "?" until the scouting report is sent. This would GREATLY help us decide how to sort who to recruit.

10. Lessen the price-per-distance difference. In real life, Alabama easily recruits in California. Do they get most of their kids from the south east? Yes, but it's not uncommon for them to take a top player from anywhere in the country. Recruiting outside of your 360 should cost less, but there should be built-in advantages based on if the recruit wants to play local or not.

2/14/2019 9:55 PM
"Be able to see what recruits another team has green and yellow."

If a coach A poaches a recruit from coach B one season, this will make it easy for coach B to target the hell out of coach A the following season. Wow. This is a brutal way to penalize poaching. There are quite a few truly bad ideas in this thread, but this one takes the cake.
2/14/2019 10:54 PM
Posted by l80r20 on 2/14/2019 10:54:00 PM (view original):
"Be able to see what recruits another team has green and yellow."

If a coach A poaches a recruit from coach B one season, this will make it easy for coach B to target the hell out of coach A the following season. Wow. This is a brutal way to penalize poaching. There are quite a few truly bad ideas in this thread, but this one takes the cake.
That information is already available...we're just asking for it to be better organized.
2/14/2019 11:12 PM
You could probably solve a lot of issues by just not having Campus Visits get rejected, and increasing the maximum number of actions you can perform.
2/14/2019 11:23 PM
1) Reminder Section - on Recruiting Summary Page - this is limited to 255 characters - please make this unlimited or at least 1000 characters

2) Priority Sections - on Recruiting Summary Page - this is limited to High, Medium, Low and Non Set - please allow for more priority sections and the ability to rename them.

3) In Season Scouting - any money left over from previous recruiting cycle can be use to scout recruits during the season

4) View Two Seasons of Recruits - be able to view current season's recruits and the following season's recruits (allows coach to look ahead which helps with decisions on current recruiting cycle)

5) Athletes Position - as per cjsweat post above (6)

6) Transfer Portal - as per cjsweat post above (8)

7) Potential Number - as per cjsweat post above (9)
2/15/2019 4:26 AM
Here's an idea that I think would benefit players:

Have all-sim recruit battles resolve (i.e. sign with the leading Sim school) on a cycle several cycles past the initial signing cycle. Often human schools are reserving money to protect against late poaching, but currently there are few available players left to spend that reserve on after the initial signing cycle.
2/15/2019 9:33 AM
Replace the end-of-recruiting ranking email with better math; borrow the math from GUESS as a start. Currently, that email can mislead new owners into thinking that there very large, very mediocre class was top notch.
2/15/2019 10:00 AM
Holy cow I love this idea:

8. Create JUCO and transfer portal. Instead of players losing WE for broken promises, they become more likely to enter the transfer portal. This will help even the playing field between elites and non-elites. Additionally, while the JUCO portion maybe difficult to create immediately, a transfer portal shouldn't be too difficult.

nitros

2/15/2019 10:24 AM
Add to booster gifts: If player signs with you , he will be granted the ability to fly !
2/15/2019 10:31 AM
and catch flies like a shell strip

2/15/2019 10:36 AM
Would love to see this happen because I and many others found it a Really Fun part of the game:
Either Eliminate or make it a much lesser penalty for converting new recruits to other positions !
This really adds a lot to recruiting .
2/15/2019 10:36 AM
If WIS puts in basically the Yatzr like recruiting I would come back in a second. Without it, no chance.
2/15/2019 10:41 AM
Posted by fermor332002 on 2/14/2019 4:01:00 PM (view original):
Show the Recruits on their schools team as soon as they except the schools scholarship. Not when recruiting is done for the season. Let them practice with the team and play Exhibition games.

Set up each player with their own separate practice schedule. ( example/ there are several skill sets for Running Backs/would like to set Running Back skill sets/Blocking for one RB/Power for one/Speed for an other/ ETC ETC ETC ) Instead of groupe practice. Keep Special Teams practice as is.

Would like to see more different Formations on OF and DF. We are very limited as to Formations that we have now.

Although I kinda like the Bowl games. I would like to see IA playoffs like AA,DII, and DIII. I would like to be able to play more games without dropping down to AA.

Please DO NOT bring back injuries to the game. All this does is hurt a teams ability to move forward.

Sorry guys. I really ran away with the post.
2/15/2019 3:05 PM
juco/transfers - broken promises, juniors that don't get X playing time
recruit's interest listed by team instead of opening up individual player cards
shorten recruiting by a day
make potential easier to find/understand

2/15/2019 3:14 PM
How about being able to search recruits by state?
2/15/2019 3:16 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5...8 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.