I am not a fan of 6 hour cycles although I understand why others may like it.

I do like the idea of more redshirts and do not think only D1 should have that option.

I am fine with mojo wanting to go first as long as I go second...
2/18/2019 5:30 PM
Posted by bagchucker on 2/18/2019 5:25:00 PM (view original):
i wonder why 6 and not 8 12 or 24
If you could see how well it works in HD without extending the overall duration, (which would not be popular) you would know. Or am I wrong in thinking your post was a rare serious post from you?
2/18/2019 11:39 PM
Not sure if this has been suggested, but I need to know how many recruits a competitor team has green, and yellow, and their available scholarships. It takes so much time to look this up...

Also, can we DECREASE the entire recruiting cycle by about two days? Perhaps adding two exhibition games to fill those two days?
2/19/2019 12:03 AM
When I say "competitor" I'm talking about a competitor for a recruit.
2/19/2019 1:12 AM
Posted by l80r20 on 2/18/2019 11:39:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bagchucker on 2/18/2019 5:25:00 PM (view original):
i wonder why 6 and not 8 12 or 24
If you could see how well it works in HD without extending the overall duration, (which would not be popular) you would know. Or am I wrong in thinking your post was a rare serious post from you?
yes i was actually asking

there is so much focus on the anti-3 called 6 i was wondering if maybe there is a better number

bein as seble is asking
2/19/2019 10:03 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
so midnight and noon

eight and eight

four and four

maybe the way it works everyone can get to two of their choice and if you're trying to make all four you're nuts
2/19/2019 8:04 PM
10-2-4 as the doctor says.
2/19/2019 8:31 PM
Sorry, bagchucker, my native tongue is English and I am no longer bilingual. What would your reply be in English please?
2/20/2019 1:52 AM
Although quite a few have said a six hour gap is preferable I think there should be some kind of vote as the silent majority would presumably stay at 3. Also as Bag mentions, why three or six, why not 4. Also don’t assume every player lives in the US!!
2/20/2019 4:05 AM
To those looking to save time and who isn't ? I throw out to you a totally alien yet workable concept:
What if the whole days recruiting was done in a two hour time span(or even a 1 hour time span) ?
Instead of evenly spacing the recruiting periods into 3 or 6 hour each cycle, make each cycle 20 minutes , or half and hour. Do 3 or 4 of them in a row and take the rest of the day off .
Half hour should be plenty long enough, even the 20 minutes should be. Heck , you could 3 cycles in an hour and your day's recruiting is done !
Just curious what you guys think - BUT - Please think about this before answering. I know it is Very Different and many people reject Very Different off the bat.
2/20/2019 4:23 AM
Posted by mojolad on 2/20/2019 4:24:00 AM (view original):
To those looking to save time and who isn't ? I throw out to you a totally alien yet workable concept:
What if the whole days recruiting was done in a two hour time span(or even a 1 hour time span) ?
Instead of evenly spacing the recruiting periods into 3 or 6 hour each cycle, make each cycle 20 minutes , or half and hour. Do 3 or 4 of them in a row and take the rest of the day off .
Half hour should be plenty long enough, even the 20 minutes should be. Heck , you could 3 cycles in an hour and your day's recruiting is done !
Just curious what you guys think - BUT - Please think about this before answering. I know it is Very Different and many people reject Very Different off the bat.
Mojo, I appreciate thinking outside the box, but if we limited recruiting to a small window, I think we would see a mass exodus, myself included.

There's just too many occasions where I'm not able to focus a specific time window on GD, due to work and life activities. For example, I'm driving to Destin in a few weeks, so I would be completely out of pocket for 10 hours. If recruiting happened during that time, I'm screwed.

I'd be a big proponent of 6 hour cycles. While I've been know to do recruiting on a family vacation while standing in a line at Disney World, it's not my preference, lol.
2/20/2019 11:13 AM
Chetty, I've negated most of the arguments against my idea in the thread about this idea.
But this one has me beat.
2/20/2019 12:19 PM
I've read many of these suggestions, and some of them I like, and some of them I absolutely do not like. I'm hoping the changes are more in the lines of tweaks, and not a complete overhall.
2/20/2019 1:42 PM
Some of Sebles ideas have already started?
2/20/2019 2:01 PM
◂ Prev 1...3|4|5|6|7|8 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.