Looks like they have. Very nice Seble!
2/20/2019 2:17 PM
Exactly what new features have been added?
2/20/2019 2:25 PM
Posted by Indpnt1 on 2/20/2019 2:25:00 PM (view original):
Exactly what new features have been added?
You get to see picture of my image on every page:
2/20/2019 2:41 PM
You know actually, it's been mentioned that the "elites" have advantages. Not to change the subject. But can someone outline what advantages the "elites" get over an ordinary school? I've always wondered, because I want to devise ways of countering their elite advantages.
2/20/2019 2:45 PM
I'd like a link that goes directly to the Recruit tab. Once I have targeted a recruit, I generally don't care about his ratings anymore, so every cycle it's an extra click from Ratings or History to get to Recruit and actually do stuff.

Save searches like we can in HD - there's a ton of repeated actions pulling up the same group of recruits again and again in subsequent cycles.
2/20/2019 4:30 PM
Just pulled up these update threads and did some review. Many of the items are similar to seble's HD recruiting which I like except for the coin flips. I'm going to try to review all the suggestions and BRIEFLY give my opinion.
1. Bulk recruiting - Good option - no downside
2. Comparison for info on competing schools (distance, scholarships/filled, etc) good option - always best to have more info
3. Link recruiting e-mail to recruit's page - fabulous! Too hard to sort when all on one page.
4. Improve scouting interface - to include GPA, form IQ, favorite school, play style, preferences) - Can incorporate into recruiting interests for each school
5. In- season Scouting - Absolutely! Could combine with shortened recruiting time, allow some recruit interest, minimize sims on players, etc
6. Cycle time changes - Change to similar to HD, where recruiting effort rides until changed, actions are unlocked. Good if effort comparisons available.
7. Track potential - Athletic Players - Position changes - I like HD potential for each attribute more than the simple GD version. Let us recruit players, change positions as we wish (maybe with only a formation IQ drop) and all potential and ratings stay the same.
8. Recruiting effort - limit options for each cycle to "coaching time" available. I like this, but not really feasible with all other aspects of recruiting needed
9. Recruit/AC responses- Less is better. No snark. Only worthwhile info. Every recruit request accepted, but interest weighted due to preferences
10, Better recruit distribution/distance recruiting - Too much of success is determined on where the best recruits are located. Make recruit numbers equal to each human coach, or make distance recruiting significantly more affordable.
11. Sim recruit signings - should take multiple cycles after signings start, dropping from 3 to 2 then 1. Signings take place after 2 -3 days.
12. Elite advantage - should be maintained - but dependent on last 10 seasons and fluid to top teams over those seasons.
13. Expand position practice options - YES.
14. Create coach developed Formations - YES to develop innovative formations.
15. Faster formation IQ growth - Let underclassmen develop IQ faster to minimize the current Senior class effect.
16. Increase scholarships/redshirts - No. This has been discussed in the forums many times and it would just make the better teams better as they would just recruit more of the better players. Only if injuries return with chances of added on players number equaling injuries.
17. Transfer pool - Landing site for disrespected players - Yes - and make the chance of leaving greater for promise infractions.
18. Pipeline schools/favorite schools/dad's alma mater etc. - No reason we can't have 2-3 players a season favoring us from the first cycle. Sims have it.
19. Injuries - Not with the current roster limits.
20. 2 season vision for recruits - YES

Thanks for letting me get this list out. Hope it summarizes what everyone brought up.

2/20/2019 5:44 PM
Posted by katzphang88 on 2/20/2019 5:44:00 PM (view original):
Just pulled up these update threads and did some review. Many of the items are similar to seble's HD recruiting which I like except for the coin flips. I'm going to try to review all the suggestions and BRIEFLY give my opinion.
2. Comparison for info on competing schools (distance, scholarships/filled, etc) good option - always best to have more info
3. Link recruiting e-mail to recruit's page - fabulous! Too hard to sort when all on one page.
4. Improve scouting interface - to include GPA, form IQ, favorite school, play style, preferences) - Can incorporate into recruiting interests for each school
5. In- season Scouting - Absolutely! Could combine with shortened recruiting time, allow some recruit interest, minimize sims on players, etc
6. Cycle time changes - Change to similar to HD, where recruiting effort rides until changed, actions are unlocked. Good if effort comparisons available.
7. Track potential - Athletic Players - Position changes - I like HD potential for each attribute more than the simple GD version. Let us recruit players, change positions as we wish (maybe with only a formation IQ drop) and all potential and ratings stay the same.
8. Recruiting effort - limit options for each cycle to "coaching time" available. I like this, but not really feasible with all other aspects of recruiting needed
9. Recruit/AC responses- Less is better. No snark. Only worthwhile info. Every recruit request accepted, but interest weighted due to preferences
10, Better recruit distribution/distance recruiting - Too much of success is determined on where the best recruits are located. Make recruit numbers equal to each human coach, or make distance recruiting significantly more affordable.
11. Sim recruit signings - should take multiple cycles after signings start, dropping from 3 to 2 then 1. Signings take place after 2 -3 days.
12. Elite advantage - should be maintained - but dependent on last 10 seasons and fluid to top teams over those seasons.
15. Faster formation IQ growth - Let underclassmen develop IQ faster to minimize the current Senior class effect.
16. Increase scholarships/redshirts - No. This has been discussed in the forums many times and it would just make the better teams better as they would just recruit more of the better players. Only if injuries return with chances of added on players number equaling injuries.
17. Transfer pool - Landing site for disrespected players - Yes - and make the chance of leaving greater for promise infractions.
18. Pipeline schools/favorite schools/dad's alma mater etc. - No reason we can't have 2-3 players a season favoring us from the first cycle. Sims have it.

Thanks for letting me get this list out. Hope it summarizes what everyone brought up.

I was for all the recruiting changes in HD but I stopped playing as a result of them. I hope Sebel take a cautious approach.
2/20/2019 7:21 PM
Posted by l80r20 on 2/20/2019 12:59:00 PM (view original):
3-hour cycles require you to be at your computer or other device at least 4 times each day, evenly spaced out to catch the end of one cycle and the start of the next cycle. Those of us with an actual job cannot do that during the day. Those of us with a wife and family may not be able to do that during the night.

6-hour cycles only require you to be at the screen twice each day, 12 hours apart, at the same time each day. That is doable. Longer cycles either require a longer overall duration for recruiting or compress much more activity into individual cycles because of many less overall cycles.

In summary, 6-hour cycles work for both the gamers in Mom's basement (called by some "the silent majority") and the working world, unlike 3-hour cycles. (Being as Seble is considering this).
just a couple of comments as I am on the other side of the fence.

1) I am not living in my parents basement. I never did. Gainfully employed daily for 30+ years.
2) I actually work two jobs. One during the day (aka 7-5), one from 6-9 (and Saturday’s) plus I manage our family farm either earlier in the day/weekends, etc.
3) I own a cellphone and although it sucks, it can be used to recruit.
4) You do not have to recruit every 3 hour cycle to stay in the game, but you damn sure better not miss a 6 hour cycle. The number of cycles will have been cut in half. Or do we really want to extend recruiting?
5) If the time selected is midnight EST, will some people be asleep? If it is 8 AM EST does that mean I have to get up at 5 AM to recruit if I am on the west coast? Too many issues for WORKING people imho. 3 hours is flexible across the board for all time zones.
6) My rural area is very challenged for cell or internet reception, but I seem to find a way to recruit although sometimes Iwish better.

In summary, do not assume everyone is like you and this is not a personal attack by any stretch of the imagination, just a different perspective.
2/20/2019 8:06 PM
Posted by holdaway on 2/20/2019 8:06:00 PM (view original):
3-hour cycles require you to be at your computer or other device at least 4 times each day, evenly spaced out to catch the end of one cycle and the start of the next cycle. Those of us with an actual job cannot do that during the day. Those of us with a wife and family may not be able to do that during the night.

6-hour cycles only require you to be at the screen twice each day, 12 hours apart, at the same time each day. That is doable. Longer cycles either require a longer overall duration for recruiting or compress much more activity into individual cycles because of many less overall cycles.

In summary, 6-hour cycles work for both the gamers in Mom's basement (called by some "the silent majority") and the working world, unlike 3-hour cycles. (Being as Seble is considering this).

1) I am not living in my parents basement. I never did. Gainfully employed daily for 30+ years.
2) I actually work two jobs. One during the day (aka 7-5), one from 6-9 (and Saturday’s) plus I manage our family farm either earlier in the day/weekends, etc.
4) You do not have to recruit every 3 hour cycle to stay in the game, but you damn sure better not miss a 6 hour cycle. The number of cycles will have been cut in half. Or do we really want to extend recruiting?
5) If the time selected is midnight EST, will some people be asleep? If it is 8 AM EST does that mean I have to get up at 5 AM to recruit if I am on the west coast? Too many issues for WORKING people imho. 3 hours is flexible across the board for all time zones.
6) My rural area is very challenged for cell or internet reception, but I seem to find a way to recruit although sometimes Iwish better.

In summary, do not assume everyone is like you and this is not a personal attack by any stretch of the imagination, just a different perspective.
Well Said
2/20/2019 8:20 PM
I agree. Well said.
2/20/2019 8:25 PM
Yep, well said, holdaway.
2/20/2019 8:49 PM
Posted by holdaway on 2/20/2019 8:06:00 PM (view original):

Thank you for your response.

1) 2) 3) You da man.
4) You do not have to recruit EVERY 3-hour cycle, or every 6-hour cycle to stay in the game, either, but it helps. Being half as long, a three-hour cycle is twice as easy to miss. Simple math..
5) See #4.
6) My rural area is also reception challenged, bigly. This is true no matter the cycle length, so what is your point?

In summary, I should have said MOST working people. A six-hour cycle benefits MOST working people in a way that a three-hour cycle does not. I certainly don't assume everyone is the same.
2/21/2019 1:53 AM
Posted by katzphang88 on 2/20/2019 5:44:00 PM (view original):

7 ... 8 ... 5 what?
2/21/2019 1:59 AM
What most peeps seem to miss at the moment is that it’s effectively a 5 1/2 hour cycle anyway. Get your first feedback at 1210 or so - deal with it and depending on how long you need you don’t have to look again until 1730-1745. Stay on line for 30-40 mins, await feedback and leave again for 5 1/2 hours. Think we should think long and hard before doubling recruiting time as I believe it will impact real life more not less!
2/21/2019 4:59 AM
Posted by polarsi on 2/21/2019 4:59:00 AM (view original):
What most peeps seem to miss at the moment is that it’s effectively a 5 1/2 hour cycle anyway. Get your first feedback at 1210 or so - deal with it and depending on how long you need you don’t have to look again until 1730-1745. Stay on line for 30-40 mins, await feedback and leave again for 5 1/2 hours. Think we should think long and hard before doubling recruiting time as I believe it will impact real life more not less!
Well said.
2/21/2019 11:50 AM
◂ Prev 1...4|5|6|7|8 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.