Posted by WillEphs on 2/23/2019 11:06:00 AM (view original):
Is there any chance of evening up the recruit distribution? Some schools have an unfair advantage based on the number of recruits near their schools. (I understand this may be true in real life, but this is not real life as talked about many times in the forums.) If the recruits were distributed more evenly and more schools had a level recruiting field, is it possible that GD could have more human coaches?
If recruiting distribution was completely even then all that would matter is how good each coach is at game planning so whats the point of recruiting? I've seen coaches dominate from all types if schools in all areas. I rather see a change to the elite system before we address recruit distribution. Making the "elite" status earned vs. pre-set would even the playing field and give every coach a chance to achieve that status from whatever school you choose.
2/23/2019 8:28 PM
I think the "elite' thing is out of whack.

It applies to conferences as well. In Yost right now, Texas A&M, just because they are in the Big 12, are automatically ranked higher, whereas my team, Houston, isn't. And my Houston team wipes the mat with Texas A&M, and is and has been a better team for the better part of four years.

But Texas A&M is by default ranked ahead of Houston most of the season. I will say that by the end of the season things right themselves, but it's still off none-the-less.
2/23/2019 11:08 PM (edited)
◂ Prev 1...6|7|8

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.