Ideas to fix D3 and new user retention Topic

5 straight Sweet 16s are nothing? And your reasoning is that Duke and UNC have made more in their history? You're literally comparing a team that you consider 'sucks' to the blue bloods of college basketball. So by this logic, anyone who isn't Duke or UNC sucks.
4/2/2019 10:17 AM
Posted by Benis on 4/2/2019 8:51:00 AM (view original):
Posted by snafu4u on 4/2/2019 7:28:00 AM (view original):
Few is certainly not a legend by any measure, he is a great mid major coach who dominates subpar competition and always cracks under pressure.

My point what that I was right, nothing more. Over a month ago I predicted Gonaga would do what Gonzaga does best, and I did it in pretty decently specific fashion that proved to be 100% accurate. Gonzga sucks. They are consistently overrated and play in a joke of a conference. Their fans are insufferable, ignorant crybabies. Their coach is the offspring of a weasel and a lizard. His wife is the most annoying fan of them all.

Also--5 straight sweet 16's is nothing. UNC made 13 in a row, Duke made 9 in a row, and all this sweet 16 talk is moot anyway when you look at the UConn women, who just made it to their 12th--that's right, 12th--straight Final Four. Geno Auriema has an unparalleled dynasty.
Got some whoppers in here snafu.

5 straight Sweet 16s are nothing? And your reasoning is that Duke and UNC have made more in their history? You're literally comparing a team that you consider 'sucks' to the blue bloods of college basketball. So by this logic, anyone who isn't Duke or UNC sucks.

Zags S16 streak (which is still active btw) is better than other top tier teams best streaks: Kansas (4), Syracuse (2), Michigan State (4), Uconn (3), Virginia (3), Michigan (3). I could go on...

And comparing to Women's basketball is laughable. That's a totally different game and doesn't have nearly the parity that Men's college basketball has. There are no cinderellas in WCBB. Apples to oranges.
snafu comparing women's basketball to men's basketball is an all time whopper on these forums that really deserves more mockery.

Dude must also believe the March Madness tournament will only become legitimate once it includes both men's and women's teams.
4/2/2019 11:58 AM
Few is certainly not a legend by any measure, he is a great mid major coach who dominates subpar competition and always cracks under pressure.

My point what that I was right, nothing more. Over a month ago I predicted Gonaga would do what Gonzaga does best, and I did it in pretty decently specific fashion that proved to be 100% accurate. Gonzga sucks. They are consistently overrated and play in a joke of a conference. Their fans are insufferable, ignorant crybabies. Their coach is the offspring of a weasel and a lizard. His wife is the most annoying fan of them all.

Also--5 straight sweet 16's is nothing. UNC made 13 in a row, Duke made 9 in a row, and all this sweet 16 talk is moot anyway when you look at the UConn women, who just made it to their 12th--that's right, 12th--straight Final Four. Geno Auriema has an unparalleled dynasty.
HAHA keep comparing the Zags to UNC and Duke please. Blows my mind that they are on that level now. Your attacks of Few are extremely personal, why do you detest him so much? Is it envy? Is he living the life that you have always wanted?

That E8 game vs TTU was a heartbreaker but man did they play well and it was extremely exciting to watch.
4/2/2019 1:02 PM
Posted by kcsundevil on 4/2/2019 11:58:00 AM (view original):

Zags S16 streak (which is still active btw) is better than other top tier teams best streaks: Kansas (4), Syracuse (2), Michigan State (4), Uconn (3), Virginia (3), Michigan (3). I could go on...

And comparing to Women's basketball is laughable. That's a totally different game and doesn't have nearly the parity that Men's college basketball has. There are no cinderellas in WCBB. Apples to oranges.
snafu comparing women's basketball to men's basketball is an all time whopper on these forums that really deserves more mockery.

Dude must also believe the March Madness tournament will only become legitimate once it includes both men's and women's teams.
Are you living under a rock? Coaches/Players/Administrators from every level of both men's and women's basketball universally acclaim Geno Auriema as one of the greatest basketball coaches in history. There wasn't much parity in men's basketball when Wooden racked up all his titles, but he is not criticized for it, rather lauded for forcing those around him to transform their games and get good. Geno has done the same, which is why he is universally respected across the sport. It's a shame you are stuck in such a chauvinistic paradigm--greatness is everywhere--why limit yourself to just half the population?
4/2/2019 2:26 PM
Posted by zagsrulez on 4/2/2019 1:02:00 PM (view original):

HAHA keep comparing the Zags to UNC and Duke please. Blows my mind that they are on that level now. Your attacks of Few are extremely personal, why do you detest him so much? Is it envy? Is he living the life that you have always wanted?

That E8 game vs TTU was a heartbreaker but man did they play well and it was extremely exciting to watch.
give it up gonzaga sucks
4/2/2019 2:27 PM
Posted by snafu4u on 4/2/2019 2:26:00 PM (view original):

Are you living under a rock? Coaches/Players/Administrators from every level of both men's and women's basketball universally acclaim Geno Auriema as one of the greatest basketball coaches in history. There wasn't much parity in men's basketball when Wooden racked up all his titles, but he is not criticized for it, rather lauded for forcing those around him to transform their games and get good. Geno has done the same, which is why he is universally respected across the sport. It's a shame you are stuck in such a chauvinistic paradigm--greatness is everywhere--why limit yourself to just half the population?
No one is saying Geno isn't a great coach. So is Steve Kerr. It's irrelevant to this topic. It's a different game.
4/2/2019 2:40 PM
Posted by Benis on 4/2/2019 8:53:00 AM (view original):
If you hate Gonzaga then you must REALLY hate Mick Cronin and Cincinnati..
I've been hating Cincinnati since the Thuggins days, whiny little Mick just makes it easy to keep the hate alive. I don't ever think I have seen a coach complain more, and constantly, on and off the court.
4/2/2019 2:54 PM
Posted by Benis on 4/2/2019 2:40:00 PM (view original):

No one is saying Geno isn't a great coach. So is Steve Kerr. It's irrelevant to this topic. It's a different game.
I disagree. Women's basketball is currently where Men's basketball was in the late 70's, early 80's. Rapidly expanding pool of talent and systemic improvements moving the game forward at every level. I am not even a Women's basketball fan--pretty much only watch parts of the tourney, I just get irked when people dismiss it. College basketball is college basketball, and what Geno has accomplished over the years is unparalleled. What Mark Few has accomplished has been done before, and will be done again. I think what topdoggbm said before is accurate, if Gonzaga was in the ACC they would struggle to finish 4th or 5th. I think that Gonzaga is consistently overrated, year in and year out. I think they play a cupcake schedule that keeps them healthier than other squads come tournament time. I think their fans are as annoying as they come. I think their coach looks like a lizard weasel. But mostly, I just think Gonzaga sucks. The same way I think the Yankees suck, and the Colts suck, and Pitt sucks. They all just suck.
4/2/2019 3:04 PM (edited)
Posted by snafu4u on 4/2/2019 2:55:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Benis on 4/2/2019 2:40:00 PM (view original):

I disagree.
You think they're exactly the same?
4/2/2019 3:00 PM
"Gonzaga sucks." OK champ.

Why is anyone taking this clown seriously?
4/2/2019 5:10 PM
Posted by kcsundevil on 4/2/2019 5:10:00 PM (view original):

Same amount of championships as you but you’ve been at it for 66 seasons ????????
4/2/2019 8:01 PM

That’s my thesis, yes. I can see why you are upset, you have followed the Mark Few formula at Pepperdine and somehow your yearly SOS is worse than when it was being run by SimAI, yet you aren’t being nearly as overrated as Gonzaga is. I mean, you are getting tons of wins against terrible teams but nobody is recognizing you for it. I would be frustrated too if I were in your position. You work so hard to just to be noticed but everyone in Tark just sees you for what you are. This game is nothing like the real world, total failure as a sim.
4/2/2019 9:38 PM
Posted by georgerollin on 4/2/2019 8:01:00 PM (view original):

Same amount of championships as you but you’ve been at it for 66 seasons ????????
I'm no Geno Auriemma, that's for sure!
4/2/2019 10:38 PM
Posted by snafu4u on 4/2/2019 9:38:00 PM (view original):

That’s my thesis, yes. I can see why you are upset, you have followed the Mark Few formula at Pepperdine and somehow your yearly SOS is worse than when it was being run by SimAI, yet you aren’t being nearly as overrated as Gonzaga is. I mean, you are getting tons of wins against terrible teams but nobody is recognizing you for it. I would be frustrated too if I were in your position. You work so hard to just to be noticed but everyone in Tark just sees you for what you are. This game is nothing like the real world, total failure as a sim.
Rawr!
4/2/2019 10:42 PM
◂ Prev 1...8|9|10
Ideas to fix D3 and new user retention Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.