Ideas to fix D3 and new user retention Topic

Posted by Stormfury on 2/20/2019 11:15:00 AM (view original):
Some interesting insights from folks. Particularly sportsbull's post. Thanks for this.

As someone who just joined a couple weeks ago, I can honestly say I think initially price is a major setback. I thought about joining 4 or 5 times but didn't because of the sticker shock for future seasons. I really think folks should be able to give it a spin for free, even if in a demo league or for half a season.

Having spent years playing a similar game called Drive the Lane, I'm ok with paying for features but without being able to initially see what I'm getting, it's hard to swallow 3x the cost per season.

That said, I am really glad I did as I believe I'm really going to enjoy HD. Though Hearing about my future in D3 really needing 4-5 seasons to rebuild (thanks on this info btw), I do wish there was a beginner's package that offered 3 seasons at a reduced rate or something. There really isn't much I can do this season with zero seniors and next season likely won't be much better either.

I joined picking an A prestige with several JRs assuming that would give me a chance but now that I'm in, my team really hasn't recruited well in several seasons so it's a total rebuild IMO.

Whoa, what is this Drive the Lane you speak of?
2/20/2019 11:53 AM
Posted by crabman26 on 2/20/2019 11:48:00 AM (view original):
I guess I'll be that guy...you all realize this is a fantasy post right? I mean, nothing, absolutely nothing is going to be done. Nothing will be done in HBD, nothing will be done in GD, and nothing will be done in HD.

Time to just accept it and either enjoy it and keep playing, or decide its not for you and move on. I doubt at this point WIS cares if they get and retain new players or not, us suckers continue to pay and play all of these games on this site because there is nothing else like it out there. And until there is, why would WIS change anything?

There was an exact same thread started over in HBD land with everyones hopes and dreams...I get it, its fun to pretend something will happen...but it wont.
Oh yeah. We all know that. But what else we gonna talk about? When to go uptempo for millionth time?
2/20/2019 11:57 AM
Posted by Benis on 2/20/2019 11:57:00 AM (view original):
I guess I'll be that guy...you all realize this is a fantasy post right? I mean, nothing, absolutely nothing is going to be done. Nothing will be done in HBD, nothing will be done in GD, and nothing will be done in HD.

Time to just accept it and either enjoy it and keep playing, or decide its not for you and move on. I doubt at this point WIS cares if they get and retain new players or not, us suckers continue to pay and play all of these games on this site because there is nothing else like it out there. And until there is, why would WIS change anything?

There was an exact same thread started over in HBD land with everyones hopes and dreams...I get it, its fun to pretend something will happen...but it wont.
Oh yeah. We all know that. But what else we gonna talk about? When to go uptempo for millionth time?
Hmmm, I dont see a lot of posts on why I think people underrate depth on their roster, maybe we can talk about that? :)

Though Im now intrigued on this drive the lane site....maybe we can talk about that?
2/20/2019 12:01 PM
Posted by crabman26 on 2/20/2019 11:53:00 AM (view original):
Some interesting insights from folks. Particularly sportsbull's post. Thanks for this.

As someone who just joined a couple weeks ago, I can honestly say I think initially price is a major setback. I thought about joining 4 or 5 times but didn't because of the sticker shock for future seasons. I really think folks should be able to give it a spin for free, even if in a demo league or for half a season.

Having spent years playing a similar game called Drive the Lane, I'm ok with paying for features but without being able to initially see what I'm getting, it's hard to swallow 3x the cost per season.

That said, I am really glad I did as I believe I'm really going to enjoy HD. Though Hearing about my future in D3 really needing 4-5 seasons to rebuild (thanks on this info btw), I do wish there was a beginner's package that offered 3 seasons at a reduced rate or something. There really isn't much I can do this season with zero seniors and next season likely won't be much better either.

I joined picking an A prestige with several JRs assuming that would give me a chance but now that I'm in, my team really hasn't recruited well in several seasons so it's a total rebuild IMO.

Honestly, it was my favorite game 2-3 years ago. A group of buddies (15 or so) played it religiously. Unfortunately he had server/hardware failure which took the site down for 2 years. He's rebuilding it but TBH the game engine rewrite hasn't been as successful as the older version. HD feels (in my limited experience) to be far better fleshed out at this point. URL is exactly the same as the name, no spaces.

I'd like to get the gang all over here but the issues with current DTL and sticker shock of HD has prevented most from joining. Some naturally dropped off the grid without the game to keep them coming around, etc.
2/20/2019 12:25 PM
Posted by Stormfury on 2/20/2019 12:25:00 PM (view original):

Honestly, it was my favorite game 2-3 years ago. A group of buddies (15 or so) played it religiously. Unfortunately he had server/hardware failure which took the site down for 2 years. He's rebuilding it but TBH the game engine rewrite hasn't been as successful as the older version. HD feels (in my limited experience) to be far better fleshed out at this point. URL is exactly the same as the name, no spaces.

I'd like to get the gang all over here but the issues with current DTL and sticker shock of HD has prevented most from joining. Some naturally dropped off the grid without the game to keep them coming around, etc.
Here is my idea for fixing the cost structure. What do you think?
2/20/2019 12:29 PM
When seble ran the SPORTSHUB discount special, I picked up a 5 pack. I really hope he runs it again soon.

50% off with no end of season "credits" has worked much better for me during my Pepperdine rebuild than full price + dinky credits would have.
2/20/2019 12:50 PM

You speak a painful but undeniable truth.
2/20/2019 1:11 PM
Seble gave the discount code five or so months ago, and he's currently working on recruiting improvements on GD. Give the man some credit for his effort.
2/20/2019 1:29 PM
Posted by Sportsbulls on 2/20/2019 10:52:00 AM (view original):
Posted by zagsrulez on 2/20/2019 9:22:00 AM (view original):
Sportsbull, how many studs are you aiming to sign RS2? You got a NC title coming up next season!
Missed you zags! Knew a comment was coming!
You too bro! Watching your 4 season climb from rebuild to National Champ is one of the top reasons that I am still on HD. I am so excited to tune in for all the impeding studs awaiting to sign in RS2 and your domination in Season 3!
2/20/2019 1:44 PM
Posted by Benis on 2/20/2019 12:29:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Stormfury on 2/20/2019 12:25:00 PM (view original):

Here is my idea for fixing the cost structure. What do you think?
In general I like where you're going though I do think the pricing might be a bit lower than it needs to be. Somewhere between current and you're prices would work. I don't however believe they'll change anything unfortunately.
2/20/2019 1:46 PM
Posted by kcsundevil on 2/20/2019 1:29:00 PM (view original):
Seble gave the discount code five or so months ago, and he's currently working on recruiting improvements on GD. Give the man some credit for his effort.
Can't blame Seble for this. Sportshub still hasnt gone through with hiring additional help. It will be years before we see any drastic improvements in HD if it the plan is having Seble improve all of HD on his own.
Posted by zagsrulez on 2/20/2019 1:44:00 PM (view original):
Sportsbull, how many studs are you aiming to sign RS2? You got a NC title coming up next season!
You too bro! Watching your 4 season climb from rebuild to National Champ is one of the top reasons that I am still on HD. I am so excited to tune in for all the impeding studs awaiting to sign in RS2 and your domination in Season 3!
Not gonna happen buddy.
Posted by Sportsbulls on 2/20/2019 1:46:00 PM (view original):
Posted by zagsrulez on 2/20/2019 1:44:00 PM (view original):
Not gonna happen buddy.
What's not going to happen? Are you referring to your prophesying of winning after 4 seasons? Don't disappoint me. I am not a fan of those who talk big game but cannot achieve.
2/20/2019 1:48 PM
"What about - at some point the system can see that you haven't renewed during your first couple seasons and sends you an email offering a discount if they provide some feedback."

That's a great idea, Benis.
2/20/2019 2:02 PM
"I guess I'll be that guy...you all realize this is a fantasy post right? I mean, nothing, absolutely nothing is going to be done. Nothing will be done in HBD, nothing will be done in GD, and nothing will be done in HD. "

LOL, they rolled out some revisions in GD recruiting TODAY. Burned!
2/20/2019 2:17 PM
◂ Prev 1...3|4|5|6|7...10 Next ▸
Ideas to fix D3 and new user retention Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.