Ideas to fix D3 and new user retention Topic

Posted by georgerollin on 4/1/2019 1:49:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Benis on 4/1/2019 9:47:00 AM (view original):
Posted by zagsrulez on 4/1/2019 9:28:00 AM (view original):
Not quite sure what point snafu is trying to make besides that he is a bitter man. Wheres Duke & UNC? They must suck too.
Or Kentucky, Michigan, Tennessee, etc.

Zags have made S16 for 5 straight seasons. That's impressive as ****. How many other programs can say that?
Sweet 16 5 times in a row means nothing.
Not true, it's worth $50 in WIS credits.
4/1/2019 2:09 PM
Posted by shoe3 on 2/16/2019 8:38:00 PM (view original):
Regarding the mechanics of recruiting, I think the best thing they could do is remove the division distinctions for the players. Everybody should be in one big pool. But signing tendency should be fluid. A 3 Star point guard should not sign with a D3 school until the final recruiting cycle; but that same guy’s signing tendency might show up as “late” for a D2, “End of Period 1” for a D1 mid-major, and “Early” for a power school.

On the other hand, an unranked PG might sign with a D3 school by the end of period 1, if he’s not getting attention from higher schools.

I think it’s fine the way it is, and I suspect most new players don’t care nearly as much about this as people who played the previous versions of the game. But I think removing pool distinctions and making tendency fluid would be more realistic and intuitive, and probably make D3 recruiting a little more fun.

That would mean most coaches would need 2-3 times the scouting budget they currently get to scout the same # of players they currently do since there would be 3x the number of players and it would take ~3x the amount of time to scout since because of the larger amount of players to decide if they were both get-able and good enough (which is not ok, IMO).
4/1/2019 2:16 PM
Posted by Benis on 4/1/2019 2:09:00 PM (view original):
Not quite sure what point snafu is trying to make besides that he is a bitter man. Wheres Duke & UNC? They must suck too.

Zags have made S16 for 5 straight seasons. That's impressive as ****. How many other programs can say that?
Or if you're a greedy bastard
4/1/2019 2:17 PM
Posted by Benis on 4/1/2019 2:17:00 PM (view original):

George is the baby who disliked getting '50% more cash'

4/1/2019 2:26 PM
Making 1 recruiting pool damages D1 recruiting. I don't want to see chumps that I wouldn't spend $1 to scout to full.
4/1/2019 4:02 PM
Posted by zagsrulez on 4/1/2019 2:26:00 PM (view original):

You should coach Gonzaga here since you’re mediocre coach just like few
4/1/2019 4:10 PM
Posted by georgerollin on 4/1/2019 4:10:00 PM (view original):

Oh I have no doubt I'm WAY better at Hoops Dynasty than Mark Few. Duh.
4/1/2019 4:17 PM

thanks George :). It is a dream of mine to be compared to a west coast legend like Few. Although this compliment is probably aimed for Benis. The 'mediocre' adjective makes about as much sense as snafu's 'If you cant make it past the E8, then you suck' mentality.
4/1/2019 4:31 PM
Posted by zagsrulez on 4/1/2019 4:31:00 PM (view original):

thanks George :). It is a dream of mine to be compared to a west coast legend like Few. Although this compliment is probably aimed for Benis. The 'mediocre' adjective makes about as much sense as snafu's 'If you cant make it past the E8, then you suck' mentality.
He’s no legend just known as a choker kind of like you
4/1/2019 7:52 PM
Few is certainly not a legend by any measure, he is a great mid major coach who dominates subpar competition and always cracks under pressure.

My point what that I was right, nothing more. Over a month ago I predicted Gonaga would do what Gonzaga does best, and I did it in pretty decently specific fashion that proved to be 100% accurate. Gonzga sucks. They are consistently overrated and play in a joke of a conference. Their fans are insufferable, ignorant crybabies. Their coach is the offspring of a weasel and a lizard. His wife is the most annoying fan of them all.

Also--5 straight sweet 16's is nothing. UNC made 13 in a row, Duke made 9 in a row, and all this sweet 16 talk is moot anyway when you look at the UConn women, who just made it to their 12th--that's right, 12th--straight Final Four. Geno Auriema has an unparalleled dynasty.
4/2/2019 7:28 AM
Posted by snafu4u on 4/2/2019 7:28:00 AM (view original):
Few is certainly not a legend by any measure, he is a great mid major coach who dominates subpar competition and always cracks under pressure.

My point what that I was right, nothing more. Over a month ago I predicted Gonaga would do what Gonzaga does best, and I did it in pretty decently specific fashion that proved to be 100% accurate. Gonzga sucks. They are consistently overrated and play in a joke of a conference. Their fans are insufferable, ignorant crybabies. Their coach is the offspring of a weasel and a lizard. His wife is the most annoying fan of them all.

Also--5 straight sweet 16's is nothing. UNC made 13 in a row, Duke made 9 in a row, and all this sweet 16 talk is moot anyway when you look at the UConn women, who just made it to their 12th--that's right, 12th--straight Final Four. Geno Auriema has an unparalleled dynasty.
While I agree with snafu that there are parts of the Gonzaga "aura" are overrated, I think it's a stretch to say that Few and the Zags are garbage.

The problem is that we're comparing them to the legendary schools and it's not equal footing. What Few andand Gonzaga have done as far as being a mid major, and becoming relavant on the national stage on a consistent basis, is second to none. There is not one program in the entire country that even comes close to matching that. So I disagree with snafu here.

On the other hand, because of the success they've had, they are now grouped in a class with the other big dogs by society. I do feel like if they played in a power conference they would be a notch below the rest on a consistent basis. They'd finish 4th or 5th in the ACC, things like that. So I agree that they aren't Duke. But.... that isn't anything to be ashamed of.

You mentioned other schools that have longer S16 streaks. You didn't name a ton of them. So that kinda streak isn't just easy as pie. No one is screaming how ****** Auburm is. Or Texas Tech. And they're in their first Final Four. And Gonzaga has already accomplished that. So that holds some merit there.

Coming from a Gonzaga hater. And mid-major hater. I like the traditional thoroughbred schools. Not the 1-hit wonders that everyone acts like they love, when they win a game or two in the tourney. But.... in Gonzaga's case, I give them credit for what they are.
4/2/2019 8:15 AM
My .002 mostly cause i just lost a guy. I think its too easy to poach... had a guy for the first 10 days of recruiting only want me a low D 1 school. Then in comes a mid level school who yes is better but wont feature him as much nor runs his sets. That kill my desire to continue as it was part of the reason I took of for a bit.

But I think there is a lot of stuff from the back end that can be done.
1- Hot beds I dont get why there cant be something built in that would favor states to the coach. SO im from Buffalo went to school in Kentucky with how our coach profiles are set up should tip some areas to us based on info we put.
2- How is there no feedback form players? If we are "scouting" them how do we have no information (they used to)
3- There should be more juco players imo

just a few things
4/2/2019 8:31 AM
Posted by snafu4u on 4/2/2019 7:28:00 AM (view original):

Got some whoppers in here snafu.

5 straight Sweet 16s are nothing? And your reasoning is that Duke and UNC have made more in their history? You're literally comparing a team that you consider 'sucks' to the blue bloods of college basketball. So by this logic, anyone who isn't Duke or UNC sucks.

Zags S16 streak (which is still active btw) is better than other top tier teams best streaks: Kansas (4), Syracuse (2), Michigan State (4), Uconn (3), Virginia (3), Michigan (3). I could go on...

And comparing to Women's basketball is laughable. That's a totally different game and doesn't have nearly the parity that Men's college basketball has. There are no cinderellas in WCBB. Apples to oranges.
4/2/2019 8:51 AM
They've also made 3 E8s since 2015. No other team has more.
4/2/2019 8:52 AM
If you hate Gonzaga then you must REALLY hate Mick Cronin and Cincinnati..
4/2/2019 8:53 AM
◂ Prev 1...7|8|9|10 Next ▸
Ideas to fix D3 and new user retention Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.