Ideas to fix D3 and new user retention Topic

Posted by l80r20 on 2/20/2019 2:17:00 PM (view original):
"I guess I'll be that guy...you all realize this is a fantasy post right? I mean, nothing, absolutely nothing is going to be done. Nothing will be done in HBD, nothing will be done in GD, and nothing will be done in HD. "

LOL, they rolled out some revisions in GD recruiting TODAY. Burned!
forgive a noob, is there a list of changes somewhere?
2/20/2019 2:34 PM
Posted by zagsrulez on 2/20/2019 1:48:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Sportsbulls on 2/20/2019 1:46:00 PM (view original):
Posted by zagsrulez on 2/20/2019 1:44:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Sportsbulls on 2/20/2019 10:52:00 AM (view original):
Posted by zagsrulez on 2/20/2019 9:22:00 AM (view original):
Sportsbull, how many studs are you aiming to sign RS2? You got a NC title coming up next season!
Missed you zags! Knew a comment was coming!
You too bro! Watching your 4 season climb from rebuild to National Champ is one of the top reasons that I am still on HD. I am so excited to tune in for all the impeding studs awaiting to sign in RS2 and your domination in Season 3!
Not gonna happen buddy.
What's not going to happen? Are you referring to your prophesying of winning after 4 seasons? Don't disappoint me. I am not a fan of those who talk big game but cannot achieve.
You put words in my mouth brotha. I told you I'll be competing in 4-5 years and thats as far as I went! I expect to be competing when Harris is a senior and my current recruiting class are juniors (my 5th year at Eastbay).
2/20/2019 3:59 PM
Posted by Stormfury on 2/20/2019 11:15:00 AM (view original):
Some interesting insights from folks. Particularly sportsbull's post. Thanks for this.

As someone who just joined a couple weeks ago, I can honestly say I think initially price is a major setback. I thought about joining 4 or 5 times but didn't because of the sticker shock for future seasons. I really think folks should be able to give it a spin for free, even if in a demo league or for half a season.

Having spent years playing a similar game called Drive the Lane, I'm ok with paying for features but without being able to initially see what I'm getting, it's hard to swallow 3x the cost per season.

That said, I am really glad I did as I believe I'm really going to enjoy HD. Though Hearing about my future in D3 really needing 4-5 seasons to rebuild (thanks on this info btw), I do wish there was a beginner's package that offered 3 seasons at a reduced rate or something. There really isn't much I can do this season with zero seniors and next season likely won't be much better either.

I joined picking an A prestige with several JRs assuming that would give me a chance but now that I'm in, my team really hasn't recruited well in several seasons so it's a total rebuild IMO.

I agree. The only thought I ever had about quitting early on was due to price. It's pretty hefty as a newbie. Thats been a huge reason for my friends to leave. Yes, you will need at least 4-5 seasons to rebuild. Feel free to reach-out with questions because I think I still speak the newbie language and know how I could've helped myself as a new coach and hopefully I can do that with you.
2/20/2019 4:02 PM
Posted by crabman26 on 2/20/2019 11:48:00 AM (view original):
I guess I'll be that guy...you all realize this is a fantasy post right? I mean, nothing, absolutely nothing is going to be done. Nothing will be done in HBD, nothing will be done in GD, and nothing will be done in HD.

Time to just accept it and either enjoy it and keep playing, or decide its not for you and move on. I doubt at this point WIS cares if they get and retain new players or not, us suckers continue to pay and play all of these games on this site because there is nothing else like it out there. And until there is, why would WIS change anything?

There was an exact same thread started over in HBD land with everyones hopes and dreams...I get it, its fun to pretend something will happen...but it wont.
Seble will make changes eventually but for now all we can do is fantasize about them. We need to make sure we're doing everything we can to retain new players. In my long write-up, I said that we need to reach out to new players and I firmly believe that. If we all reached out to new players more and taught them about the game, a lot more would stay. Last season, I looked at the lowest RPI teams in Knight D3 and sent sitemails to about 10-20 newbies trying to connect them to mentors. A lot won't respond, but its still worth it for the few that do and that will stay because of it.
2/20/2019 4:05 PM
I am going to take over a D3 team in Naismith for a season and see how it goes.
2/20/2019 5:41 PM
Posted by Sportsbulls on 2/20/2019 3:59:00 PM (view original):
Posted by zagsrulez on 2/20/2019 1:48:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Sportsbulls on 2/20/2019 1:46:00 PM (view original):
Posted by zagsrulez on 2/20/2019 1:44:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Sportsbulls on 2/20/2019 10:52:00 AM (view original):
Posted by zagsrulez on 2/20/2019 9:22:00 AM (view original):
Sportsbull, how many studs are you aiming to sign RS2? You got a NC title coming up next season!
Missed you zags! Knew a comment was coming!
You too bro! Watching your 4 season climb from rebuild to National Champ is one of the top reasons that I am still on HD. I am so excited to tune in for all the impeding studs awaiting to sign in RS2 and your domination in Season 3!
Not gonna happen buddy.
What's not going to happen? Are you referring to your prophesying of winning after 4 seasons? Don't disappoint me. I am not a fan of those who talk big game but cannot achieve.
You put words in my mouth brotha. I told you I'll be competing in 4-5 years and thats as far as I went! I expect to be competing when Harris is a senior and my current recruiting class are juniors (my 5th year at Eastbay).
I'm not putting words in your mouth at all. We are on the same page here. By "Competing", you mean competing for NC and that is the expectation but a FF appearance would be slightly below expectations.
2/20/2019 5:47 PM
Posted by ftbeaglesfan on 2/20/2019 5:42:00 PM (view original):
I was going to take over a D3 team in Phelan so I could get 'p0wned' by prodigy Sportsbull, but he backed out unfortunately.
2/20/2019 5:48 PM
Posted by zagsrulez on 2/20/2019 5:48:00 PM (view original):
I was going to take over a D3 team in Phelan so I could get 'p0wned' by prodigy Sportsbull, but he backed out unfortunately.
I said we’re doing this summer. A few people bailed and were pushing it back to this summer. Correct me if I’m wrong, but didn’t I tell you that?

Also, don’t get me started, you literally wasted your scouting money to hop on Elmer Harris (I have sitemail evidence) and you were one cycle away from getting him.

Please, just let this go, it was funny and fun for a while, but now it’s just becoming annoying. Everything I say on the forums, whether it’s absolute garbage or a good point gets intercepted by you.
2/20/2019 7:39 PM
If you stick around D3, send me a non-con challenge at Palm Beach Atlantic.
2/20/2019 10:25 PM
Posted by Sportsbulls on 2/20/2019 7:39:00 PM (view original):
I said we’re doing this summer. A few people bailed and were pushing it back to this summer. Correct me if I’m wrong, but didn’t I tell you that?

Also, don’t get me started, you literally wasted your scouting money to hop on Elmer Harris (I have sitemail evidence) and you were one cycle away from getting him.

Please, just let this go, it was funny and fun for a while, but now it’s just becoming annoying. Everything I say on the forums, whether it’s absolute garbage or a good point gets intercepted by you.
I didn't realize the two of you had a feud of sorts. I've "spoken" with each of you (zags many times since we are in a conference together) and you both are nice guys. Very strange.
2/20/2019 10:28 PM
Posted by gomiami1972 on 2/20/2019 10:28:00 PM (view original):

I didn't realize the two of you had a feud of sorts. I've "spoken" with each of you (zags many times since we are in a conference together) and you both are nice guys. Very strange.
It is very strange. I want to stop the feud lol, I think he’s a nice guy too, we just both brought it too far. I’ll start by apologizing zags, I got carried away and was conceding.
2/20/2019 10:46 PM
Sports and zags rapper looking ***** beefin'
2/21/2019 8:33 AM

zags gets into feuds with everybody. he cant do anything in the tourney so he picks fights to make him feel better
2/21/2019 8:47 AM
Posted by georgerollin on 2/21/2019 8:47:00 AM (view original):

zags gets into feuds with everybody. he cant do anything in the tourney so he picks fights to make him feel better
Wow George might actually be MikeT
2/21/2019 10:47 AM

Oh no, please don’t get me banned for recruiting the same player as you and having a convo with you AFTER the player had signed.

2/21/2019 2:07 PM
◂ Prev 1...4|5|6|7|8...10 Next ▸
Ideas to fix D3 and new user retention Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.