Ideas to fix D3 and new user retention Topic

Posted by topdogggbm on 2/21/2019 8:24:00 PM (view original):
I don't really think it's MikeT either. I just remember him arguing with Zags about taking over his team. (Maybe Lander?) And playing a PF at PG or something like that.
Yah that was Lander in D2 Rupp. He was running FB/Man, and I totally changed up his lineup. He had recruited a PF w/ 41 ATH, 70 REB, 80BH, 70P and I moved that guy to be my starting PG. Shows how differently people run a squads. I like my bigs to be BIG.
2/22/2019 9:47 AM
Posted by shoe3 on 2/16/2019 8:38:00 PM (view original):
Regarding the mechanics of recruiting, I think the best thing they could do is remove the division distinctions for the players. Everybody should be in one big pool. But signing tendency should be fluid. A 3 Star point guard should not sign with a D3 school until the final recruiting cycle; but that same guy’s signing tendency might show up as “late” for a D2, “End of Period 1” for a D1 mid-major, and “Early” for a power school.

On the other hand, an unranked PG might sign with a D3 school by the end of period 1, if he’s not getting attention from higher schools.

I think it’s fine the way it is, and I suspect most new players don’t care nearly as much about this as people who played the previous versions of the game. But I think removing pool distinctions and making tendency fluid would be more realistic and intuitive, and probably make D3 recruiting a little more fun.

This is an excellent, excellent idea. Well stated, shoe3.
2/22/2019 7:41 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by snafu4u on 2/23/2019 9:20:00 AM (view original):
Posted by georgerollin on 2/21/2019 8:47:00 AM (view original):
Posted by gomiami1972 on 2/20/2019 10:28:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Sportsbulls on 2/20/2019 7:39:00 PM (view original):
Posted by zagsrulez on 2/20/2019 5:48:00 PM (view original):
Posted by ftbeaglesfan on 2/20/2019 5:42:00 PM (view original):
I am going to take over a D3 team in Naismith for a season and see how it goes.
I was going to take over a D3 team in Phelan so I could get 'p0wned' by prodigy Sportsbull, but he backed out unfortunately.
I said we’re doing this summer. A few people bailed and were pushing it back to this summer. Correct me if I’m wrong, but didn’t I tell you that?

Also, don’t get me started, you literally wasted your scouting money to hop on Elmer Harris (I have sitemail evidence) and you were one cycle away from getting him.

Please, just let this go, it was funny and fun for a while, but now it’s just becoming annoying. Everything I say on the forums, whether it’s absolute garbage or a good point gets intercepted by you.
I didn't realize the two of you had a feud of sorts. I've "spoken" with each of you (zags many times since we are in a conference together) and you both are nice guys. Very strange.
zags gets into feuds with everybody. he cant do anything in the tourney so he picks fights to make him feel better
Hahaha....just like Gonzaga in real life. Nothing against any of the feuding parties but....yeah.....Gonzaga sucks.
Gonzaga sucks in real life..? When’s the last time you watched a real life college basketball game? 2003? Wake up and watch ESPN. Get some Bracketology in your life.
2/23/2019 12:55 PM
Yeah...Gonzaga sure looks impressive blowing out BYU, Santa Clara, and Saint Mary's....

I have a prediction.....they will get a number one seed in the tourney, make it to the Elite 8, and somehow, inexplicably come up short to a school from a real conference who actually has some experience playing real competition all year. Then their lizard weasel coach coach will come up with 30 excuses why his poor kids couldn't get the job done but they really still are the best team, and then move on to next years powder puff schedule that will end in another shallow pool of their disappointed fans tears as they weep about not comprehending how their team fell short--again--when "we had the best record and are the best because because because"

Gonzaga fans are as bad as Steelers fans. Utterly disconnected from reality and history and always dumbfounded as their team fails when it matters most, while everyone else looks at them with "I told you so" eyes.
2/24/2019 1:19 AM
I’m not a zags fan, but when they made the championship that year, I was shocked.
2/24/2019 2:58 AM
Don't agree with the Zags hate. They're a great program and they at least challenge themselves in the non conference.

They beat Duke when they were at full strength.

What else are they supposed to do. They're a basketball only school. Join the big east?
2/24/2019 8:57 AM
Posted by snafu4u on 2/24/2019 1:19:00 AM (view original):
Yeah...Gonzaga sure looks impressive blowing out BYU, Santa Clara, and Saint Mary's....

I have a prediction.....they will get a number one seed in the tourney, make it to the Elite 8, and somehow, inexplicably come up short to a school from a real conference who actually has some experience playing real competition all year. Then their lizard weasel coach coach will come up with 30 excuses why his poor kids couldn't get the job done but they really still are the best team, and then move on to next years powder puff schedule that will end in another shallow pool of their disappointed fans tears as they weep about not comprehending how their team fell short--again--when "we had the best record and are the best because because because"

Gonzaga fans are as bad as Steelers fans. Utterly disconnected from reality and history and always dumbfounded as their team fails when it matters most, while everyone else looks at them with "I told you so" eyes.
"I told you so" doesn't seem sufficient.
3/30/2019 8:26 PM
Posted by snafu4u on 3/30/2019 8:26:00 PM (view original):
Posted by snafu4u on 2/24/2019 1:19:00 AM (view original):

"I told you so" doesn't seem sufficient.
That’s pretty impressive honestly.
3/30/2019 8:45 PM
Wait, making the Elite 8 is bad now?
4/1/2019 8:22 AM
Not quite sure what point snafu is trying to make besides that he is a bitter man. Wheres Duke & UNC? They must suck too.
4/1/2019 9:28 AM
Posted by zagsrulez on 4/1/2019 9:28:00 AM (view original):
Not quite sure what point snafu is trying to make besides that he is a bitter man. Wheres Duke & UNC? They must suck too.
Or Kentucky, Michigan, Tennessee, etc.

Zags have made S16 for 5 straight seasons. That's impressive as ****. How many other programs can say that?
4/1/2019 9:47 AM
WCC finished 8th in conference RPI this season, a whisker behind 7th place Pac 12, and way ahead of #15 Mountain West.

Last year WCC finished 12th, Mountain West 9th.

WCC isn't the ACC, but criticism of its quality is way overblown.
4/1/2019 12:12 PM
The point is Gonzaga sucks
4/1/2019 1:48 PM
Posted by Benis on 4/1/2019 9:47:00 AM (view original):
Or Kentucky, Michigan, Tennessee, etc.

Zags have made S16 for 5 straight seasons. That's impressive as ****. How many other programs can say that?
Sweet 16 5 times in a row means nothing.
4/1/2019 1:49 PM
◂ Prev 1...6|7|8|9|10 Next ▸
Ideas to fix D3 and new user retention Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.