Recruiting Update #1 Topic

I think it is great that recruiting updates are being made. I do think that a feature to expose recruit data in csv/xls and allow for recruiting actions from the main/grid screen would negate the need for most other features in the short term.
2/19/2019 3:38 PM
Posted by lmartins on 2/19/2019 3:38:00 PM (view original):
I think it is great that recruiting updates are being made. I do think that a feature to expose recruit data in csv/xls and allow for recruiting actions from the main/grid screen would negate the need for most other features in the short term.
I think that's long term.
2/19/2019 4:02 PM
Awesome that you are able to do this so quickly and are listening to us!
2/19/2019 4:09 PM
RE Search results: I like the idea of expanding "multiple" to show who it is. Your example shows no more than three teams considered but there could be as many as five. Is it cut off at three (grrr) or does your example just not happen to have any recruits considering more than three schools?

RE: Summary: your example shows no more than two schools on a recruit. Same question.

RE New tab on recruit profile: Same question.

It looks like you are working on displaying more info not just about the recruits but also about our competition more readily. Are you prepared to address the coach-targeting-coach that you have abetted?

If you go beyond the display and work on the mechanics of recruiting, please retain or even increase the power of promises. Increasing the power of promises would help address the problem of coaches camped at the top indefinitely by increasing the effect of an important tool for mid- and lower-level teams trying to improve.

Another big change would be going to six-hour cycles as you have done in HD. I strongly urge this for those of us who work or orherwise have a life away from the computer screen.

THANKS for your work in this area.
2/19/2019 4:12 PM
Thanks seble, looks great.
2/19/2019 4:18 PM
Posted by realist9900 on 2/19/2019 3:11:00 PM (view original):
Question: In the first thumnai, you show the teams that are also interested in a player. Is it possible to show the distance away from recruit for each player ?
I don't want to clutter the search results too much, so I'd rather keep that information on the recruit profile, but we'll see how it goes.
2/19/2019 4:25 PM
I'm already working on the mass recruiting update. Downloading the data is a possibility, but without a yatzr-like tool, I'm not sure that's going to save anyone time, as you'd still have to search/recruit through the site.
2/19/2019 4:26 PM
Posted by DeBeque on 2/19/2019 4:12:00 PM (view original):
RE Search results: I like the idea of expanding "multiple" to show who it is. Your example shows no more than three teams considered but there could be as many as five. Is it cut off at three (grrr) or does your example just not happen to have any recruits considering more than three schools?

RE: Summary: your example shows no more than two schools on a recruit. Same question.

RE New tab on recruit profile: Same question.

It looks like you are working on displaying more info not just about the recruits but also about our competition more readily. Are you prepared to address the coach-targeting-coach that you have abetted?

If you go beyond the display and work on the mechanics of recruiting, please retain or even increase the power of promises. Increasing the power of promises would help address the problem of coaches camped at the top indefinitely by increasing the effect of an important tool for mid- and lower-level teams trying to improve.

Another big change would be going to six-hour cycles as you have done in HD. I strongly urge this for those of us who work or orherwise have a life away from the computer screen.

THANKS for your work in this area.
Yes, it will show up to 5 considered teams. My examples just didn't include that scenario.

I understand the concerns around people targeting another coach, but I think the benefits outweigh the potential issues. In reality, if someone is dead set on going after another coach, they're probably willing to put in the effort to find all of their recruits, no matter how hard that is. Targeting is against the rules and I'll do my best to police that if it happens. I hope that everyone can just play the game and have fun, without feeling the need to go after another coach.
2/19/2019 4:30 PM
Thank you for the clarification. Yes, I share your hope.
2/19/2019 4:42 PM
Nice!
2/19/2019 5:05 PM
Awesome work Sebel!!
2/19/2019 5:06 PM
Posted by seble on 2/19/2019 4:26:00 PM (view original):
I'm already working on the mass recruiting update. Downloading the data is a possibility, but without a yatzr-like tool, I'm not sure that's going to save anyone time, as you'd still have to search/recruit through the site.
being able to download the data would be awesome. Also I never used yatzr to recruit or place actions. Just used it to organize all the data better.
2/19/2019 5:20 PM
Amazing!

Thanks.

nitros
2/19/2019 5:29 PM
Seble, after you get these improvements implemented, is it possible to send out flyers/ discount offers to the GD owners who have quit in the past 6 months? You might get a lot of customers back.
2/19/2019 6:55 PM
Posted by seble on 2/19/2019 10:49:00 AM (view original):
After reviewing the feedback on ideas for small recruiting updates, I've started to plan them out. The first one I have ready is simply exposing considering teams in a more helpful way. Here are some screenshots of what I have in mind.

Search results:

Summary:

New tab on recruit profile:

Let me know your thoughts. Thanks!
Way more than I expected, way sooner than I expected. Golf clap!
2/19/2019 7:34 PM
◂ Prev 12345 Next ▸
Recruiting Update #1 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.