Recruiting Update #1 Topic

Posted by l80r20 on 2/20/2019 9:38:00 PM (view original):
Posted by kas1007 on 2/20/2019 7:19:00 PM (view original):
Posted by SchoolyMe on 2/20/2019 6:44:00 PM (view original):
Posted by seble on 2/20/2019 4:26:00 PM (view original):
Team order is random, as it was before.
knowing who is ahead would be cool, right?
Totally against it.
I'm against it as well, but anyone can say "I'm against it" or "I'm for it." What are anyone's reasons? My reason starts with "if it ain't broke, don't fix it."

BTW, so far I like the new changes.
Agreed.

My reason for status quo is, “I like the mystery/challenge of not knowing”
2/20/2019 9:48 PM
The more info the better. I would absolutely like to know if I'm ahead or behind in the recruiting at any given time. It is done this way in the free soccer dynasty game, and it's awesome. Should be done the same way here.
2/21/2019 10:53 AM
Posted by Nevadaman on 2/21/2019 10:53:00 AM (view original):
The more info the better. I would absolutely like to know if I'm ahead or behind in the recruiting at any given time. It is done this way in the free soccer dynasty game, and it's awesome. Should be done the same way here.
I tend to use the recruit responses to gauge whether I am ahead or behind. Since I mostly use campus visits, I go by what they are saying in those. i.e. if it's "XYZ University is the place for me - just say the word and I'm there" or " John Doe is set on coming to XYZ University - the visit removed any doubt from his mind" then I am confident I am ahead........similarly, if it's "John Doe enjoyed his time on campus - he interacted well....." or "Other than a slight delay in arrival, I think the visit with John Doe went well" then I know I'm behind.
2/21/2019 1:09 PM
The only recruit responses that mean anything are the ones you get after the signing period starts when you've given the recruit a scholarship. Otherwise, I believe the responses are meaningless.
2/21/2019 1:29 PM
Posted by Nevadaman on 2/21/2019 1:29:00 PM (view original):
The only recruit responses that mean anything are the ones you get after the signing period starts when you've given the recruit a scholarship. Otherwise, I believe the responses are meaningless.
"Coach, I think you're a ********. But since I knocked up your daughter I figured I owed you something . So I am signing with you."
2/21/2019 1:39 PM
that's loyalty! its in the report
2/21/2019 2:46 PM
Each to their own but I always know when i'm ahead or behind at any point of a battle.
2/21/2019 2:55 PM

Each to their own but I always know when i'm ahead or behind at any point of a battle.

Now that is a topic I would like to learn more about. Two methods I know of to determine relative position in a battle prior to the schollie response:

1. Money tracking. This is a guess, although it can be fairly certain depending on the circumstances.
2. Correspondence and phone calls. I have not broken the code on this one, although at least one coach I highly respect uses this method.

If you are willing to engage in the conversation, what method do you use?

nitros

2/21/2019 4:27 PM
Posted by superv97 on 2/21/2019 2:55:00 PM (view original):
Absolutely agree - I always know by the response whether I'm ahead or behind - I've been doing this over a decade on this site so you can get an idea if you actually pay attention.
2/21/2019 5:32 PM
Posted by nitros on 2/21/2019 4:27:00 PM (view original):

Now that is a topic I would like to learn more about. Two methods I know of to determine relative position in a battle prior to the schollie response:

1. Money tracking. This is a guess, although it can be fairly certain depending on the circumstances.
2. Correspondence and phone calls. I have not broken the code on this one, although at least one coach I highly respect uses this method.

nitros

I believe each recruiting effort serves a purpose in GD. I'd recommend digging around on blogs (maybe huskerfan26's Maze - link can be found in Wilkinson blog).

2/21/2019 7:37 PM
Posted by nitros on 2/21/2019 4:27:00 PM (view original):

nitros

Hi Nitros,

As it took me a long time to learn and figure out I won't really give much away but I have no issue in further dialogue. It is not #1 on your list as that is too much work, effort and close enough to impossible. Vhoward already mentioned number 2 as his way of knowing and is something that works. Recruit responses are not exact sciences in any part of their response, even potential, but the response does give information. I would suggest you play around with the recruits responses and how things are listed on the recruits page and hopefully that gets you going in the direction you're looking for. If you would like to PM me feel free.

Superv
2/22/2019 5:43 PM
Posted by vhoward415 on 2/21/2019 5:32:00 PM (view original):
Posted by superv97 on 2/21/2019 2:55:00 PM (view original):
Absolutely agree - I always know by the response whether I'm ahead or behind - I've been doing this over a decade on this site so you can get an idea if you actually pay attention.
2/26/2019 12:56 AM
◂ Prev 12345
Recruiting Update #1 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.