Recruiting Update #1 Topic

Posted by seble on 2/20/2019 4:26:00 PM (view original):
Team order is random, as it was before.
Would be a nice addition if the order indicated who was leading the battle.
2/20/2019 4:37 PM
i like the asterisk if human coached

useful everywhere

maybe a global change: if not simAI put the username and college in bold black or red

otherwise unbolded and a little gray

2/20/2019 4:39 PM
Seble,
1) Just noticed the recruit summary page does NOT have a green line beside the school if the recruit is considering you. The red line is there if he's considering others and a yellow line is there if he's considering you along with others.

2)These color indicators would be real nice if they showed up on the recruit search page results like they do on the recruit summary page.

3) Any chance of expanding the recruit results returns to allow more than a max of 300? Would be nice to see ALL recruits in your vision.

AGAIN THANKS!!!!!!!!! This has been a great birthday present (yesterday).
2/20/2019 4:43 PM
Posted by majique on 2/20/2019 4:43:00 PM (view original):
Seble,
1) Just noticed the recruit summary page does NOT have a green line beside the school if the recruit is considering you. The red line is there if he's considering others and a yellow line is there if he's considering you along with others.

2)These color indicators would be real nice if they showed up on the recruit search page results like they do on the recruit summary page.

3) Any chance of expanding the recruit results returns to allow more than a max of 300? Would be nice to see ALL recruits in your vision.

1) Good catch, a fix for that is on the way.

2) I decided against doing that, since they would generally be reds in the search, as I would think you'd be searching for recruits you weren't already on. I'm open-minded about it though.

3) It seems like that's too much information to process, and would only make sense to me if someone is trying to download the data. If that's the case, I'd rather come up with a download function.
2/20/2019 5:37 PM
Posted by seble on 2/20/2019 5:37:00 PM (view original):
Seble,

1) Good catch, a fix for that is on the way.

2) I decided against doing that, since they would generally be reds in the search, as I would think you'd be searching for recruits you weren't already on. I'm open-minded about it though.

3) It seems like that's too much information to process, and would only make sense to me if someone is trying to download the data. If that's the case, I'd rather come up with a download function.
1) Good catch, a fix for that is on the way. THANKS

2) I decided against doing that, since they would generally be reds in the search, as I would think you'd be searching for recruits you weren't already on. I'm open-minded about it though. GOOD POINT

3) It seems like that's too much information to process, and would only make sense to me if someone is trying to download the data. If that's the case, I'd rather come up with a download function. IN THAT CASE A DOWNLOAD FUNCTION IS #1 ON MY LIST NOW!

Any thoughts about making the order of the considering list reflect the school that is leading the battle?
2/20/2019 6:14 PM (edited)
A .csv download option would be awesome. Especially if it included all of the ratings information. I'm a spreadsheet junkie when it comes to this stuff.
2/20/2019 6:33 PM
Posted by bjschumacher on 2/20/2019 6:33:00 PM (view original):
A .csv download option would be awesome. Especially if it included all of the ratings information. I'm a spreadsheet junkie when it comes to this stuff.
If a downloadable csv is going to become an option let's include the Pos, Name,13 Rating Fields, Distance, Formation IQ, & Considering.
2/20/2019 6:41 PM
knowing who is ahead would be cool, right?
2/20/2019 6:44 PM
Posted by bomber085 on 2/19/2019 11:21:00 PM (view original):
Love it Seble!

Just a note on the targeting thing...

More visibility will NOT create more targeting. I get why one would draw this conclusion but more visibility will actually help prevent targeting. When the community can see 8 recruits green to school "X", then two cycles later all 8 recruits are yellow to school "X" and "Y", and Y isn't recruiting anyone else, it becomes obvious what's happening. This is a great tool for anyone who feels they are the victim of a targeting act and it gives you clear evidence to report as such.
It will for me if I decide to scuttle a year and Take you best recruits By offering them playing time or a car as aget back I personally. worry that it might happen to me.
2/20/2019 7:07 PM
Seble,

I'm totally against that.
2/20/2019 7:17 PM
Posted by SchoolyMe on 2/20/2019 6:44:00 PM (view original):
Totally against it.
2/20/2019 7:19 PM
Seble, love the new changes. One minor observation, though. The recruit summary table could use a bit of reformatting. The column with the player names could be narrowed a bit, and the column with the considering teams could be widened a bit.
2/20/2019 8:08 PM
Yes from me on the downloadable .csv as explained above. Great addition to the game.
2/20/2019 8:10 PM
Love the new changes! Great to see the game getting a little TLC:)
2/20/2019 8:10 PM
Posted by kas1007 on 2/20/2019 7:19:00 PM (view original):
Posted by SchoolyMe on 2/20/2019 6:44:00 PM (view original):
Totally against it.
I'm against it as well, but anyone can say "I'm against it" or "I'm for it." What are anyone's reasons? My reason starts with "if it ain't broke, don't fix it."

BTW, so far I like the new changes.
2/20/2019 9:38 PM
◂ Prev 12345 Next ▸
Recruiting Update #1 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.