Very Different Recruiting Cycles Idea ! Topic

To those looking to save time and who isn't ? I throw out to you a totally alien yet workable concept:
What if the whole days recruiting was done in a two hour time span(or even a 1 hour time span) ?
Instead of evenly spacing the recruiting periods into 3 or 6 hour each cycle, make each cycle 20 minutes , or half and hour. Do 3 or 4 of them in a row and take the rest of the day off .
Half hour should be plenty long enough, even the 20 minutes should be. Heck , you could 3 cycles in an hour and your day's recruiting is done !
Just curious what you guys think - BUT - Please think about this before answering. I know it is Very Different and many people reject Very Different off the bat.
2/20/2019 6:04 AM
Posted by mojolad on 2/20/2019 6:04:00 AM (view original):
To those looking to save time and who isn't ? I throw out to you a totally alien yet workable concept:
What if the whole days recruiting was done in a two hour time span(or even a 1 hour time span) ?
Instead of evenly spacing the recruiting periods into 3 or 6 hour each cycle, make each cycle 20 minutes , or half and hour. Do 3 or 4 of them in a row and take the rest of the day off .
Half hour should be plenty long enough, even the 20 minutes should be. Heck , you could 3 cycles in an hour and your day's recruiting is done !
Just curious what you guys think - BUT - Please think about this before answering. I know it is Very Different and many people reject Very Different off the bat.
Would not work it would require replacing the code.
2/20/2019 7:12 AM
Love the brainstorming but 20 minutes between cycles would make it difficult to develop and execute a new recruiting plan when the results of the previous cycles indicate your initial plan was shot to heck. Not much time to conduct a new search and/or do any decent research before the next cycle. Just my 2 cents.
2/20/2019 7:25 AM
Posted by majique on 2/20/2019 7:25:00 AM (view original):
Love the brainstorming but 20 minutes between cycles would make it difficult to develop and execute a new recruiting plan when the results of the previous cycles indicate your initial plan was shot to heck. Not much time to conduct a new search and/or do any decent research before the next cycle. Just my 2 cents.
Plus if we're condensing to all cycles in one day coaches would have to spend more and without knowing potential or knowing early if you're in a battle that could be a ton of "wasted" assets. For the upper levels I think it would be too difficult but an idea like this I could see more feasible at DII and DIII.
2/20/2019 8:02 AM
....and if you had a job your out of luck.....
2/20/2019 8:04 AM
Posted by raginirish on 2/20/2019 8:04:00 AM (view original):
....and if you had a job your out of luck.....
Not if the cycles were done in the evening.
2/20/2019 10:10 AM (edited)
This theory could be applied to ANY time alotted for each cycle that works the best. It could be made half hour or even an hour per cycle.
2/20/2019 9:46 AM
Posted by WardoYT on 2/20/2019 7:12:00 AM (view original):
Posted by mojolad on 2/20/2019 6:04:00 AM (view original):
Would not work it would require replacing the code.
Not sure if this is what you think or what you know ?
In the chance that it is not fact but opinion then I still like it.
If it is definitely where code needs to be replaced then I guess it would be too much. But not sure. Only the coders would know .
2/20/2019 9:48 AM
Posted by hookemhorns7 on 2/20/2019 8:02:00 AM (view original):
Plus if we're condensing to all cycles in one day coaches would have to spend more and without knowing potential or knowing early if you're in a battle that could be a ton of "wasted" assets. For the upper levels I think it would be too difficult but an idea like this I could see more feasible at DII and DIII.
I never meant it would take one day. It could still last the same 2-3 days.
Just that each day all the recruiting for that day could be done in a short amount of time and it would not require us to Keep Checking The PC-Tablet-Phone
every 3-6 hours.
2/20/2019 9:54 AM
Work for many does not follow a 9-5 type regimen. I know mine does not.
I personally can spend well in excess of 20-30 min at the end of a cycle at D2 and D3. Especially on day 1. Again, I recognize D1/D1AA are higher levels, but a mistake at the lower levels can’t be fixed by throwing money somewhere else. There is no money. Recruiting is different between the levels for sure and yes, I have recruited at all.

I don’t see how a 20-30 min cycle is workable. God forbid you miss it at lower levels. There isn’t enough $$$ to make it up I nelieve.
2/20/2019 12:22 PM
I nelieve too.
Ok. I nelieve that that is the flaw in my idea ; that whatever times are used for recruiting there are some that aren't available then.
Guess it won't work for the masses.
But it would be SO nice to not have to keep checking on the team every ___ hours. Just work it for an hour or 2 and be done for the day.
Just seems like it may not be practical.
2/20/2019 12:26 PM
The first recruiting cycle used to be 3 hours instead of 24. WIS changed it because there were too many coaches that couldn't make that first cycle, and they were in too big of a hole when they finally made it to a computer. Also, the recruiting cycles are tied together from world to world, so it would take a lot of work to have a different schedule for each world. The only way I can see to solve your problem without recoding would be to change ALL the cycles to 24 hours. That way everyone could recruit when it was convenient, but I think recruiting would lose a lot of it's flavor if you had to get the job done in 8 cycles instead of 50+.
2/20/2019 12:38 PM
Great idea, mojo, for the gamers in Mom's basement who can sit at their computer any time of the day and night. It would drive away working stiffs and leave the website to the gamers. I expect one of them to say, "Let's have a poll." Somehow I don't think a gambling website (never forget, that's what this is now) wants to drive away the working people.
2/20/2019 1:07 PM
Posted by l80r20 on 2/20/2019 1:07:00 PM (view original):
Great idea, mojo, for the gamers in Mom's basement who can sit at their computer any time of the day and night. It would drive away working stiffs and leave the website to the gamers. I expect one of them to say, "Let's have a poll." Somehow I don't think a gambling website (never forget, that's what this is now) wants to drive away the working people.
Wanna Bet ?
2/20/2019 1:38 PM
Very Different Recruiting Cycles Idea ! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.