Which pitcher should I demote or trade? I do not normally ask these type of questions and do my own thing but I am not sure and looking for an opinion. Franchise Profile: Dangerous Crew - Hardball Dynasty Baseball | WhatIfSports
2/20/2019 5:05 PM
How many pitchers do you usually run with. I usually run with 11 pitchers and 14 position players so I can platoon, pinch hit and rest. But, I see you have a really good pitcher that only has stamina of 9. You might want to run with 12 pitchers.

What have you done in the past with this squad? I see two starting pitchers there that have the potential to pitch 250+ innings.
2/20/2019 7:11 PM
Player Profile: Rougned Montana

That's the guy I value the least. However he is certainly not bad, so it would really depend on what I could get return wise.

You have a strong bullpen so maybe trading one of the stronger BP guys gets you a better return? Then I'd at least consider it.
2/20/2019 8:13 PM (edited)
I usually run 12. The low stamina guy is who I was considering demoting but he is lights out for 40-50 innings. I always set my pitchers max count to the stamina or less never more. I need a platoon 1st/of so someone has to go. I just wanted thoughts on whom.
2/20/2019 8:34 PM
Posted by Vitamin_C on 2/20/2019 8:13:00 PM (view original):
Player Profile: Rougned Montana

That's the guy I value the least. However he is certainly not bad, so it would really depend on what I could get return wise.

You have a strong bullpen so maybe trading one of the stronger BP guys gets you a better return? Then I'd at least consider it.
I do as well but his lifetime whip has me on the fencce.
2/20/2019 8:35 PM
IMO the lifetime WHIP makes him someone who should bring return value.

Certainly should be able to garner a pretty great platoon 1B/OF.
2/20/2019 10:22 PM
I'm not real fond of Miro and Gorski. Miro has 0 options left, however. So that leaves Gorski.
2/20/2019 11:03 PM
As some of the other guys said, I'd consider a trade rather then a demotion. You have a lot of strong pitchers and I know some other owner will salivate and overpay for one of your SP3 guys thinking they are a 1 or 2.
2/21/2019 7:40 AM
Hmmm
2/21/2019 8:23 AM
Looking over the team, I'd dangle Montana unless you see him taking over a starting role when Stocker retires. I couldn't see dangling Stocker because of the contract and the extra year or else I'd consider moving him.

With Montana though, he's signing long term next year, the ratings look good and some owner will think they can make him a Cy caliber player and you have just been 'using him wrong' this entire time. Montana is the type of guy you could get some teams top prospect for.
2/21/2019 9:03 AM
Interesting
2/21/2019 9:06 AM
I was wondering how this would turn out. In my opinion, that is about as good as it gets. Well done.
2/26/2019 8:00 AM
With 0 adv I always take a chance trading younger guys. I think it should work out for both of us. Thanks all.
2/26/2019 8:10 AM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.