low major vs mid major Topic

I am currently at low major, ivy league, brown university. i just graduated 6, having a hard time filling the scholarships with great quality. would you stick it out or move to a mid major like gonzaga who may have a higher ceiling? gonzaga is in bad shape though. also, what is the best path to high majors?
2/20/2019 7:27 PM
Hard to do that, since you take a hit to rebuild gonzaga. adds time to the progress. If you want to get to a Duke, you (I think) need mid major good record, if you want to get to a Big6 team that is lower and build it up you can get there from Brown. Just have to find the right opening.
2/20/2019 7:29 PM
Honestly, It depends on surrounding teams. It’s hard to fill schollies in D1 these days.
2/20/2019 7:39 PM
What's your goal? High-level conference, or true high-baseline-prestige team? You need to pick a spot and build it up-- Brown in an empty conference might be doable, as guyo said to get you to a lower Big 6 team at the least, which you'd need to build up in order to get a true high-prestige team. But in looking at your resume, you've moved around a ton, and it'll be hard to get to a UNC-UK level school without building something up.

Unless you are a miracle worker like joeykw who can take Vermont to titles...
2/21/2019 8:58 AM
don't let one bad recruiting class be a reason to move to another team..imo, it's best to stay with one team for a number of seasons & make it a 'winning' program..
2/21/2019 12:03 PM
The smart thing to do would be try to join the A10 in Phelan. Best conference in WIS.
2/21/2019 12:18 PM
I would consider taking Gonzaga. B baseline prestige vs D baseline prestige. You'll lose out on the coach longevity preference, but it's probably worth it to move out and you'll be out west where recruiting tends to be a bit easier.
2/22/2019 12:44 AM
Posted by thewizard17 on 2/22/2019 12:44:00 AM (view original):
I would consider taking Gonzaga. B baseline prestige vs D baseline prestige. You'll lose out on the coach longevity preference, but it's probably worth it to move out and you'll be out west where recruiting tends to be a bit easier.
That if the PAC-10 is not that stacked.
2/22/2019 7:55 AM
The jump to a higher baseline prestige school made sense. He had 6 seniors he was losing on that Brown team, his prestige wasn't going to improve to get a better job in the next 2-3 seasons anyway. Looks like he ended up at Temple.
2/22/2019 10:40 AM
low major vs mid major Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.