Devil's Advocate Re Upcoming Recruiting Changes Topic

This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
2/21/2019 6:10 AM
Posted by iamthetwo__2 on 2/21/2019 6:10:00 AM (view original):
Not quite sure what you are saying Iam-But always happy to hear from you :)
2/21/2019 7:48 AM
Everyone's entitled to his/her own opinion. It's just that your opinion is wrong.
2/21/2019 8:02 AM
Just taking information that is otherwise available and making it easier to find. There are no nuances here. It simply reduces the amount of clicks (time) to find the same information.

If you are a successful coach now, you will be after the change.

nitros
2/21/2019 10:19 AM
Before some radical change happens in Anything, no one knows whether it will be a good thing or a bad thing or somewhere(most likely) in between.
But there is no doubt that we won't know where these changes fall into until After they are in place and we can experience them.
I "hope" I'm wrong. But at least for now my gut says I'm not.
All we can do is wait and find out.
2/21/2019 12:37 PM
I understand the trepidation and appreciate your opinion. I see both sides of the argument and tbh, I wish I had “an” advantage....lol
2/21/2019 12:42 PM
Posted by bjschumacher on 2/21/2019 8:02:00 AM (view original):
Everyone's entitled to his/her own opinion. It's just that your opinion is wrong.
He's not wrong, he's just not as right as you.
2/21/2019 1:14 PM
I hear you mojo, but it is healthier for the game and less time intensive. It will also lessen the frustration for coaches that don't have the time to put in all the clicks. Quite often I will see a newer coach putting money into a player that is being contested by another coach. The newer player doesn't realize he is farther away ( spending more cash on a CV), but also has fewer scholarships. He will lose the player, get frustrated and sometimes leaves.

I'm just happy that I can lose the Google Maps bookmark. Although my geography knowledge has greatly improved !
2/21/2019 1:22 PM
Realist, you are making my point. Part of what makes me and other experienced coaches better than the next guy is we both knew what to do and was willing to put in the work.
My feeling is they are eliminating the work and time I and others more experienced put into learning this game and evening the playing field.
This is great for newbys or lazy people but not so for those that both knew what to do and didn't mind working at it(mapquest in my case).
Because now they are eliminating the need for the knowledge and the extra work.
Anyhow, I expected to be blasted a lot worse than I have been.
Since it seems like the changes are are coming like it or not , we may as well just see how it turns out.
2/21/2019 1:35 PM
I welcome having the playing field leveled ( a bit) if it means more human coaches stick around.
2/21/2019 1:49 PM

This is great for newbys or lazy people but not so for those that both knew what to do and didn't mind working at it(mapquest in my case).

Serious question. Did you use yatzr when it was working?

nitros

2/21/2019 2:53 PM
You still need to understand why the information being put in front of you is relevant, and how you can use it. You just don't have to spend as much time finding that information if you wanted to.
2/21/2019 3:09 PM
I never used yatzr. Never had a reason to use it.
2/21/2019 3:11 PM
Posted by jeffn48 on 2/21/2019 3:09:00 PM (view original):
You still need to understand why the information being put in front of you is relevant, and how you can use it. You just don't have to spend as much time finding that information if you wanted to.
Exactly. And if that tightens up the competition, which is really what the OP is noticing, I say "good."
2/21/2019 4:03 PM
123 Next ▸
Devil's Advocate Re Upcoming Recruiting Changes Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.