Devil's Advocate Re Upcoming Recruiting Changes Topic

Finally paid attention to that video. I never knew the idea in soccer is to hit the woman in the face ?
2/22/2019 5:09 PM
Posted by mojolad on 2/22/2019 5:09:00 PM (view original):
Finally paid attention to that video. I never knew the idea in soccer is to hit the woman in the face ?
You have mastered all skills that are necessary Jedi Mojo-Wan Kenobilad. Thrust your mighty saber of justice and never look back. The gd world needs you. May the Wisforce be with you.
2/23/2019 7:01 AM
Ahh. Thanks Matt. Now I know what Superhero I wanna be when I grow up .
2/23/2019 8:01 AM
I can see your point to a certain extent. Coaches who don't take the time to figure out how to research their recruiting competition will have it handed to them on a plate, so a knowledge advantage you have is gone. It puts the newer coaches further up the learning curve when they start. I'm not that concerned, though, because this has happened EVERY TIME there has been a GD update. Since knowledge of the system is the biggest advantage any long-time coach has, anything that narrows that gap is a threat, and the more experience you have, the more you have to lose. Somehow, though, good coaches adapt to the changes. I'd hate to see experienced coaches leaving, but something has to be done to help the newer coaches so they don't get frustrated before that first 5-pack runs out. Fewer and fewer of the older coaches are doing any mentoring, so new coaches have to learn things by trial and error. They seem to be giving up more frequently, and we lost a bunch when yatzr's tool went down because they had never recruited any other way and didn't have the time or patience to learn how to do the research manually.

I hope I explained this better than I did back when GD 2.0 was introduced. Some of those threads were brutal...
2/23/2019 11:30 AM
Scrodz, you got it. And I agree with the rest.
2/23/2019 12:28 PM
◂ Prev 123
Devil's Advocate Re Upcoming Recruiting Changes Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.