democratic candidate for president Topic

more false equivalency....the great fallback option.
5/22/2019 3:19 PM
"...to act with the maturity and wisdom of 2 preschoolers fighting over a spot in the sand box. All Americans should be ashamed of what Parties have done..."

Yup!

Elections have consequences.
Good thing Obama left us with a growing economy!!
5/22/2019 3:21 PM
that is correct, sir.
it was on the rise every year.
imagine a 2 trillion infrastructure bill instead of the tax cut.....unemployment rate would go down too.....maybe even this level.......we would get something for the money that would last for decades and make the country stronger.....stimulus......
choices......priorities.....coruuption.....saps......
5/22/2019 3:25 PM
On the Biden thing.............. he wouldn't unite me, but then (as I've mentioned on occasion) I'm not a Dem.
I didn't even vote for Jimmy Carter and I believe with complete conviction that He is at his core, an Honest man.
Honesty is a characteristic that doesn't qualify any candidate to be a sure fire great POTUS and leader.
It is, however an indication of the person's overall character.

On the other hand, dishonesty is a disqualification. ANY POTUS or candidate who lies (especially under oath---Bill Clinton) to the American People about matters related to his OWN behavior or actions SHOULD be disqualified for the Presidency and in most/many cases indicted and jailed/impeached.

NO EXCEPTIONS in my view!
5/22/2019 3:29 PM
Posted by all3 on 5/22/2019 2:09:00 PM (view original):
Well, I'd probably agree that Biden is the most competent option. I just don't see him uniting the Party. More than some others would, but certainly not to the point it should be.

Elsewhere today, the so-called "leaders" of each Party continue to act with the maturity and wisdom of 2 preschoolers fighting over a spot in the sand box. All Americans should be ashamed of what Parties have done to their Politics and Politicians.
it's nothing new. Political parties and politicians have always acted in ways to preserve the power they have or get more power. Americans have always accepted that. Why should they stop now?
5/22/2019 6:57 PM
Posted by laramiebob on 5/22/2019 3:29:00 PM (view original):
On the Biden thing.............. he wouldn't unite me, but then (as I've mentioned on occasion) I'm not a Dem.
I didn't even vote for Jimmy Carter and I believe with complete conviction that He is at his core, an Honest man.
Honesty is a characteristic that doesn't qualify any candidate to be a sure fire great POTUS and leader.
It is, however an indication of the person's overall character.

On the other hand, dishonesty is a disqualification. ANY POTUS or candidate who lies (especially under oath---Bill Clinton) to the American People about matters related to his OWN behavior or actions SHOULD be disqualified for the Presidency and in most/many cases indicted and jailed/impeached.

NO EXCEPTIONS in my view!
I don't really give a **** if the president gets a blow job from some intern in the oval office, or cheats on every one of his numerous wives. That is between the president and his wife. I care about how he governs the country. Sure, it would be nice if the POTUS was a moral, decent man/woman with integrity, but its not something I would expect too often.
5/22/2019 7:00 PM
It ain't about the blowjob Wylie, it's the direct LYING to the American People. WE are his employers, his GOVERNED. WE have the right to the truth unless it is a national secrecy matter. Character issues are decidedly NOT that.
5/22/2019 7:46 PM
clinton had a right to lie to the people and press about a private consensual relationship.
on perjury he lied in a deposition about something that was irrelevant to the paula jones case...all the lawyers and congress understood that......the monica info was inadmissable.in a court case....his lie was not designed to interfere with the paula jones case....it was to protect his marriage.
so i thought then that impeachment was ridiculous.
compared to the trump stuff...my god !
5/22/2019 9:09 PM
The rationalization of Clinton's lying to the American people (including under OATH!) is exactly the same as what the Republicans are doing NOW!

We MUST be able to place trust in our POTUS! When they are willing to lie to us about (rather) inconsequential behavior they immediately become untrustworthy. It is a direct and stark example of just exactly WHO the POTUS is actually working for/thinking about. Us or Him?

The ONE thing that Bill Clinton and the current clown in office have in common is a YUGE (oversized) ego!
5/23/2019 9:01 AM
Posted by laramiebob on 5/22/2019 3:22:00 PM (view original):
"...to act with the maturity and wisdom of 2 preschoolers fighting over a spot in the sand box. All Americans should be ashamed of what Parties have done..."

Yup!

Elections have consequences.
Good thing Obama left us with a growing economy!!
Are you really still going down the "everything good is because of Obama and everything bad is because of Trump" road?
That sounds like something that would come from the delusional posters I won't even bother to read.
5/23/2019 9:03 AM
Snowflake---take your ball and go home, like Comrade Donny
5/23/2019 9:08 AM
Posted by laramiebob on 5/23/2019 9:01:00 AM (view original):
The rationalization of Clinton's lying to the American people (including under OATH!) is exactly the same as what the Republicans are doing NOW!

We MUST be able to place trust in our POTUS! When they are willing to lie to us about (rather) inconsequential behavior they immediately become untrustworthy. It is a direct and stark example of just exactly WHO the POTUS is actually working for/thinking about. Us or Him?

The ONE thing that Bill Clinton and the current clown in office have in common is a YUGE (oversized) ego!
lying about personal sexual relationships and lying about crimes are not the same unless you decide that all lies are equal.
5/23/2019 9:12 AM
The thing about lies is it reveals you can't trust the person speaking to tell you the truth.

Their credibility is Nada. Non-existent.
5/23/2019 12:36 PM
not all lies are equal.....lieing about something that deserves to remain private is vastly different...the key is that it deserved to remain private.
5/23/2019 1:21 PM
Posted by dino27 on 5/22/2019 9:09:00 PM (view original):
clinton had a right to lie to the people and press about a private consensual relationship.
on perjury he lied in a deposition about something that was irrelevant to the paula jones case...all the lawyers and congress understood that......the monica info was inadmissable.in a court case....his lie was not designed to interfere with the paula jones case....it was to protect his marriage.
so i thought then that impeachment was ridiculous.
compared to the trump stuff...my god !
Clinton had a right to lie????? I don't think lying is a right. I am not rationalizing Clinton's lying to the public. It is not a good look. I would love it if we had elected officials we could trust to do what is best for the country instead of themselves and their political party. In my opinion, you can't trust any politician. As I have said numerous times, politicians will say whatever they think they can get away with in order to get elected or re-elected. I don't care if they are democrats or republicans. Unfortunately, another opinion of mine that the American public,in general, is stupid enough to let the politicians get away with a lot.
5/23/2019 7:28 PM
◂ Prev 1...12|13|14|15|16...22 Next ▸
democratic candidate for president Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.