democratic candidate for president Topic

Posted by all3 on 3/12/2019 2:39:00 PM (view original):
Donald Trump has racist-like actions in his past. Donald Trump has sexist-like actions in his past. Donald Trump has been accused of being a large part of several National scandals. Donald Trump won't stop posting and saying stupid and/or incorrect things. Donald Trump is older than dirt.

All that, yet Donald Trump would (arguably) defeat whichever Democratic candidate was his opponent, if the election were tomorrow. Shouldn't that be taken as a HUGE indictment as to how bad-off the Democratic Party has become? How their catering to the extremist voices is killing the Party as a whole?
Are you actually admitting all those things about Trump? I thought he was your hero.
3/12/2019 2:42 PM
trump now wants to eliminate about 1.2 trillion in medicare and medicaid from budget.
do you recognize that number..
thats right.....the tax cut for the rich.
3/12/2019 2:48 PM
Posted by wylie715 on 3/12/2019 2:42:00 PM (view original):
Donald Trump has racist-like actions in his past. Donald Trump has sexist-like actions in his past. Donald Trump has been accused of being a large part of several National scandals. Donald Trump won't stop posting and saying stupid and/or incorrect things. Donald Trump is older than dirt.

All that, yet Donald Trump would (arguably) defeat whichever Democratic candidate was his opponent, if the election were tomorrow. Shouldn't that be taken as a HUGE indictment as to how bad-off the Democratic Party has become? How their catering to the extremist voices is killing the Party as a whole?
Are you actually admitting all those things about Trump? I thought he was your hero.
Guess that's what happens when you read what you want things to say instead of what is actually posted.
Maybe now you and others will actually start the latter. (Yeah, I know you won't. Where's your "fun" if you're not arguing with and putting-down someone else?)
3/12/2019 3:41 PM
Dude, you said , and I quote " Donald Trump has racist-like actions in his past. Donald Trump has sexist-like actions in his past. Donald Trump has been accused of being a large part of several National scandals. Donald Trump won't stop posting and saying stupid and/or incorrect things. Donald Trump is older than dirt. "
How did I misread that? It sounds like you are admitting Trump did those things (okay, on one of them you say he is accused of doing it). How am I putting you down? All I did was ask a question based on what you posted.

And if you think this is my idea off fun, I guess you and I have different definitions of the word fun.
3/12/2019 7:38 PM
If you thought Trump was my hero, you haven't been reading very well - for like 2.5 years.
I have never been a Trump-lover. I have been a strong Trump-defender. No POTUS should ever be subject to such unfounded accusations and disrespectful comments/charactures. If we, as Americans, don't respect the POTUS, then we certainly can't expect the rest of the World to respect him or her.
I will admit to strongly feeling he was a better option than HRC, and still do, but even prior to the election that was a "lesser of 2 evils", view, and I di think a political outsider as president might be a good thing.
No hero-worship or even claims of Trump being "good" overall.
THAT is where you, and many others, have apparently been reading what you want, instead of what was posted.
I guess I should expect that from a so-called "journalist", but I have no excuse for the rest of you, other than pure hatred and close-mindedness.
3/13/2019 9:20 AM
Biden/ Klobuchar
3/13/2019 9:40 AM
Posted by all3 on 3/13/2019 9:20:00 AM (view original):
If you thought Trump was my hero, you haven't been reading very well - for like 2.5 years.
I have never been a Trump-lover. I have been a strong Trump-defender. No POTUS should ever be subject to such unfounded accusations and disrespectful comments/charactures. If we, as Americans, don't respect the POTUS, then we certainly can't expect the rest of the World to respect him or her.
I will admit to strongly feeling he was a better option than HRC, and still do, but even prior to the election that was a "lesser of 2 evils", view, and I di think a political outsider as president might be a good thing.
No hero-worship or even claims of Trump being "good" overall.
THAT is where you, and many others, have apparently been reading what you want, instead of what was posted.
I guess I should expect that from a so-called "journalist", but I have no excuse for the rest of you, other than pure hatred and close-mindedness.
well, the way you defend his every move certainly makes it seem like you love him and support him. As far as respecting the POTUS, we have had this discussion before. I respect the office of the president, but that does not mean I have to respect the buffoon currently occupying it. He has done nothing to earn my respect. I didn't respect Richard Nixon either. I can honestly say that I had at least some respect for every other president during my lifetime, Republican or Democrat. Nixon and Trump, in my opinion, are nothing but, lying, conniving, cheating con-men, who only care about their own well being and that of their friends and family. Nothing wrong with putting friends and family first, but not to the detriment of everyone else.

As far as him being a better option than HRC, you are entitled to your opinion. Can't even say for sure that you are wrong. I strongly dislike HRC and to me, she is the epitome of a politician, which is not a good thing.
3/13/2019 12:36 PM
I like Trump. In my line of work I speak to literally 100s if not 1000s of people in the financial services and various businesses and I have only met one that didn't like what Trump was doing largely due to the elimination of the ACA but interestingly he still said he would vote for him in 2020. Many have stated that he is the greatest economic president they have seen in their lifetimes. I would say the majority agree that he should tweet less when it comes to nonsensical topics. They applaud his military spend, his trade strategy and oddly his "Wall". They dislike how he handled North Korea and are annoyingly split on moving the capital to Jerusalem but all support Israel over Palestine, etc.

Now I deal with 99.9% white collar professionals, business owners, CPAs, investment bankers, media relations, etc. So my scope is admittedly narrow.

Just my 2 cents.
3/13/2019 12:46 PM
what did they say about bush economic policy in 2001 - 2003 and before 2008.
3/13/2019 12:48 PM
Posted by dino27 on 3/13/2019 12:48:00 PM (view original):
what did they say about bush economic policy in 2001 - 2003 and before 2008.
I was not in this role in 01-03. I had a different role at a different company. In 07 I was not on the sales side so again cannot opine. Interestingly I did not get into this role until late 08. Timing is everything....
3/13/2019 12:54 PM
it is going to be very interesting to see what the eventual discussion will be on infrastructure bills and whether the fear of another meltdown due to massive deficit spending / trickle down comes into play.....already massive medicare / medicaid cuts are recommended by trump....this should say something about future fears of a meltdown as well as true values.
and the medicare cuts match the revenue loss from the tax cuts.
3/13/2019 1:47 PM
Like anything else there is only a finite amount of $$ and we need to address entitlements. Regardless of the party or the POTUS. Mathematics doesn't lie. I don't plan on retiring until I am 75, if I am lucky enough to live that long. My dad retired at 66, found a 2nd career as he was bored and is still working at the age of 78. Retiring at 62 and living until 80 puts a heavy burden on our system. I still support a 2% federal tax on everything. Most people will barely feel it and it would go a long way toward reducing our national debt. Consumer spend is ~$14.2trn so that would be $280bn just on consumer spend alone not counting businesses, etc.

3/13/2019 2:38 PM
Posted by cccp1014 on 3/13/2019 12:46:00 PM (view original):
I like Trump. In my line of work I speak to literally 100s if not 1000s of people in the financial services and various businesses and I have only met one that didn't like what Trump was doing largely due to the elimination of the ACA but interestingly he still said he would vote for him in 2020. Many have stated that he is the greatest economic president they have seen in their lifetimes. I would say the majority agree that he should tweet less when it comes to nonsensical topics. They applaud his military spend, his trade strategy and oddly his "Wall". They dislike how he handled North Korea and are annoyingly split on moving the capital to Jerusalem but all support Israel over Palestine, etc.

Now I deal with 99.9% white collar professionals, business owners, CPAs, investment bankers, media relations, etc. So my scope is admittedly narrow.

Just my 2 cents.
big deal! I can find 100s if not 1000s of people who think Trump is an embarrassment to the country and nothing but a con man. It all depends who you ask
3/13/2019 2:46 PM

Or it's an indictment to how stupid people like you are for voting for him.
3/13/2019 2:50 PM
well, the way you defend his every move certainly makes it seem like you love him and support him. As far as respecting the POTUS, we have had this discussion before. I respect the office of the president, but that does not mean I have to respect the buffoon currently occupying it. He has done nothing to earn my respect. I didn't respect Richard Nixon either. I can honestly say that I had at least some respect for every other president during my lifetime, Republican or Democrat. Nixon and Trump, in my opinion, are nothing but, lying, conniving, cheating con-men, who only care about their own well being and that of their friends and family. Nothing wrong with putting friends and family first, but not to the detriment of everyone else.

As I said, the reason I defend Trump so vehemently is because so much of the garbage thrown at him is baseless (so far). I don't understand what anyone thinks there is to gain by bombarding our POTUS with accusation after accusation, before facts support them. It certainly isn't good for the Country, and I truly hope their attempted self-serving agenda back-fires on them. IF things are true, they will be proven eventually. THEN berate, belittle and punish. I found it more and more difficult to believe these accusations, as hundreds, if not thousands, of the best investigators in the World have been working on trying to find evidence for over 2 years in most cases, yet are still nearly empty-handed. I find it almost impossible to believe that in today's World, anyone is that good at hiding and/or covering-up their "evil deeds".
3/13/2019 2:50 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5...22 Next ▸
democratic candidate for president Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.