So What Do You Guys Think So Far? Topic

My apologies for not being as "on the spot" with Page 1 updates during this round...and also overlooking some team pickings and such. Still dealing with a lot of pain from shoulder surgery from a few weeks back and I haven't had a full nights sleep since before going under the knife. Every day at work is like being in a fog - then I get to come home and try to catch up on fourteen draft threads. Don't get me wrong - I love this stuff and would never complain about doing it. I wouldn't do it otherwise. I think the end result is OLD AGE SUCKS and man does it sneak up on you!

Anyway, I've been wanting to do a tournament like this for awhile where you don't always get to use the best of the best and then HAVE to use some of the worst of the worst to build your rosters. I love trying to piece together a useable team from scraps and then see how they do against others doing the same.

If you think this one was tough, if you're good enough to make it through to Round Five, THAT one will be REALLY interesting.

3/16/2019 2:59 PM
Pat, your tournaments are my favorite part of WIS and you do an amazing job coming up with the themes, organizing these massive undertakings, and somehow making the trains all run on time. Kudos, and thanks.

Sorry about your post-surgery recovery; nothing about that sounds fun, and don't sweat the little details about this site. We're all adults and should be able to help figure stuff out.

Loving this round, and yes, I am hoping to have at least one team in round 5....
3/16/2019 3:27 PM
It's definitely forcing me to think outside the box and try to remember we all will have some weak spots on our teams. My League 3 NL team will probably be the worst lineup I've fielded in a non-progressive league. And some of these pitching staffs are mighty shaky. Should be a lot of fun trying to coax the maximum out of some of these combinations.
3/16/2019 3:28 PM
Thanks for the input guys. Some of these teams I've put together I'm thinking couldn't beat the Chicago School for the Blind - but then, I guess we're all in the same boat here. It should be fun to see what players come through this season shining brighter than the others. Who knows? We might find a few hidden gems among the lot. I know when I was drafting, I'd often look at the "performance history" on these guys...and half of them didn't have any...lol.

3/16/2019 10:36 PM
The salaries for my four teams League 1 AL $109 mil
League 2 AL $103 mil
League 5 AL $ 89 mil
League 7 NL $ 83 mil

Interesting trend . If you equate dollars to quality, the game is not as good as it used to be. This is assuming we are looking at the average teams for each generation.
3/16/2019 11:04 PM
Pat, these leagues are always fun. It's interesting how round 1 worked out. For example, I took the 1908 White Sox for a single player, Ed Walsh. And I rode that Ed Walsh horse all the way to the championship.

Looking forward to see how round 2 shakes out. Hopefully, I have a team in the last round, that one seems to be the most interesting!
3/17/2019 1:21 AM
I really enjoyed putting together these team combinations. It was much tougher than round 1. That being said round one had some of my favorite teams of all time. After picking in round 2 I have no idea how my teams will play. Looking forward to finding out. Hope the shoulder heals quickly.
3/17/2019 11:04 AM
juice - hope that shoulder is ready for opening day but you may need to stay in extended spring training

interesting and very different way this tourney is coming about and different = good

thanks for all the hard work in running these, WIS wouldn't be the same without you
3/17/2019 12:55 PM
Thank you gentlemen - I hope I see all of you in the final round!

3/17/2019 3:16 PM
Can't beat a juice tournament . . . . I think I made it to the final round one time . . . . a huge accomplishment for me.

Pat, I remember back in the "good old days" we had discussions of WIS's need to hire you to put creative tourneys together.
Man, that was a long time ago.....

On another note, I happened across this last night . . . You WILL get a laugh out of this: https://www.thescore.com/pga/news/1737196
3/18/2019 9:27 AM
Juice - love your tournaments and this is no exception. I'm always happy if I just make it out of the first round.
3/18/2019 1:25 PM
Somehow all 6 of my teams advanced to Round 3. Just hoping to get one to the final round, but I improved my odds a bit now.
5/27/2019 12:43 PM
If you had teams 1975-1985 in L2. Are the teams 1974-1986 for R3?
5/27/2019 12:54 PM
Not necessarily - I'll have the draft boards for Round 3 up shortly...
5/27/2019 11:55 PM
0-4 in the division series in Round 2. That was fast ... Time to scout Round 3.
5/29/2019 11:39 PM
12 Next ▸
So What Do You Guys Think So Far? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.