So What Do You Guys Think So Far? Topic

Seven teams participating in Round Three and we've played 22 games so far. NOT ONCE have my teams had a round of .500 or better since this round started. The best I've seen is 3 of the 7 win at the same time. Never all 7, never 6 of the 7, never 5 of the 7, and not even 4 of the 7 have all won at the same time. How freakin' sad is that? All I want is for two of those teams to advance to the next round. At this point, I'd be grateful for that to happen. Man, my team selection in this round must have been truly horrible...

6/23/2019 2:29 AM
There you go! Reverse forum jinx all your teams at once. Some tough luck in the early going. I see your lg 2 nl team is doing well though.
6/23/2019 10:32 AM
Yeah, my lg 2 nl team is doing well. The other six are all somewhere between 4 and 12 games under .500. I wish that reverse forum jinx would kick in soon...

6/23/2019 6:31 PM
I very much enjoy being forced to research teams and players I don't normally use and come up with different strategies. However, I do feel in some rounds, having low picks can be deadly as the last handful of teams are largely worthless. And there are often a handful of teams at the top that have a few studs that can be huge difference makers given the talent pool.
7/4/2019 12:29 PM
To the extent that is true, it would reward owners whose teams did better in the previous round - which seems like a reasonable thing in my opinion.

However, without any sort of formal study, I think the draft order advantage all depends on the overall distribution of teams in each draft. In some leagues I think the advantage goes to those who draft late in round 1 and early in round 2. I know in this most recent draft there were a couple of leagues when I think having draft picks 12, 13, 36 was a significant advantage over having 1, 24, 25.

I'm obviously not the only one who thinks that way...in the very first round of this tournament there were several owners who specifically signed up for the last slot in certain leagues - presumably because they felt there was an advantage to doing so.
7/4/2019 12:43 PM
I agree those who do better in previous rounds should be rewarded. Just feels like the disparity in some groups borders in crazy.
7/4/2019 2:53 PM
In my league I had the #1 pick and there was no team that was clearly better then the others. If I had the choice of where to pick in the draft, I would have selected 8 or 9, because I could have gotten one of my preferred teams then.
7/12/2019 3:05 PM
An interesting option (not for this year, since these rules should stay consistent) would be to let teams "draft" their draft position first based on record in the previous round. So if you'd rather pick 5th than 1st, you'd just pick that spot.
7/13/2019 3:11 PM
I suspect this was answered somewhere else, but with so many themes I've played I may have missed it.

The rules say you can use Full or Partial seasons as long as they were for your franchise. But I'm seeing Combined players in some of my leagues. Did I miss a ruling on that? Are all season types allowed so long as it's your franchise name?
7/13/2019 3:16 PM
Juice has clarified that a couple of times I think. Here's one post from the Round 3 Lg 3 NL draft thread:
"Actually, I think it's just the opposite of what you said. If a guy played half a season in St. Louis and half a season in Milwaukee, but he shows up in the data base as a part-time AND a full-time player for each franchise, you can use either the part-time OR the full-time version of that player for the franchise you're using."

Juice is using the term "full-time" here rather than "combined" but his explanation clearly means that the combined season is allowed to be used.
7/13/2019 4:11 PM
Thanks for checking.
7/13/2019 5:25 PM
◂ Prev 12
So What Do You Guys Think So Far? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.