Boy, you thought AI teams sucked before... Topic

This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
So I'm guessing that you did not use the yatzr recruiting tool? A lot of people did. Just relax. You should stop drinking alcohol and smoke weed instead.
3/18/2019 8:34 PM
Posted by Indpnt1 on 3/18/2019 8:06:00 PM (view original):
AI teams are really going to suck even worse now. At DIA, I don't see one AI team getting a top 250 recruit. Ever again. Something has to be done to prop up the AI teams. I think it's good for us all to have competitive AI teams. Maybe give them an automatic three or four recruits a year that humans can't compete for. Whatever it is.

The disparity is going to grow big time with the increased visibility of where humans are recruiting, and potential being so easily seen.
AI "walkons" are newly generated players and sometimes they're pretty solid. If an AI doesnt fill it is assigned players, same as human teams, but I've seen the engine generate top players for AI teams. So there is potential for them to get something in the cupboard.
3/18/2019 8:54 PM
Posted by Indpnt1 on 3/18/2019 8:06:00 PM (view original):
AI teams are really going to suck even worse now. At DIA, I don't see one AI team getting a top 250 recruit. Ever again. Something has to be done to prop up the AI teams. I think it's good for us all to have competitive AI teams. Maybe give them an automatic three or four recruits a year that humans can't compete for. Whatever it is.

The disparity is going to grow big time with the increased visibility of where humans are recruiting, and potential being so easily seen.
Just use signed scholarship players for the easy wins.
3/18/2019 9:23 PM
As hook mentioned, most AI walkons were never listed during the recruiting period. I don't think it will affect things much, if at all.

Not sure why it would matter anyway. Sim teams are always a pushover even when starting a team from scratch. A drafted class of freshmen with the rest of your team as sims will easily beat another sim team. Both now and before.

3/18/2019 9:56 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
A empty conference full of sims is my favorite target to start out as. No if and buts about it. But its a very long road to the national title it can be done. Haven't tried it in GridIron yet.
3/18/2019 11:06 PM
Posted by Indpnt1 on 3/18/2019 10:31:00 PM (view original):
Did hook mention that most walk ons really, really, really suck?

Not sure why it would matter? Try being in a mid major conference, with six AI managed teams and see how your strength of schedule is effected. You might change your mind then.

If beating horrible teams by 90 points is what you're here for, then I can see why you don't want AI teams to be better. But if you want a more realistic experience, perhaps you can see the value in the AI teams being a little stronger than they presently are.
I'm not sure if you are serious or just trolling.

1. Before the change it was very very rare to lose to a sim team. I can't recall the last time it happened.
2. More realistic experience? When were playing sims ever 'realistic'? Even remotely?
3. Strength of schedule? How is that going to change? sim teams were pummelled by human teams before the change and again after the change. sim vs sim = no difference. It changes nothing to your strength of schedule. You want to improve your strength of schedule and ranking? Have your Ball State team schedule 5 humans rather than the 5 sims you scheduled this year.

This improves the health of the game. Hopefully it takes it off life support by attracting more players.

3/18/2019 11:43 PM
You're not sure if I'm trolling? I started the freaking thread!
3/19/2019 12:09 AM (edited)
If the AI teams were made better, a lot of newbie coaches would end up losing a lot of games their 1st season....after going 0-13, 1-12, or 2-11 should the newbie decide to keep playing now they enter into year 2 with crappy vision, low self-esteem, and little chance of even beating out AI teams for low level recruits.

I know that I have teams in 3 worlds, only Wilkinson has 150+ human coaches. I don't think this would help increase human participation, and it actually may drop it even more.
3/19/2019 12:24 AM
If the AI teams were made better, than the teams newbie coaches would take over would be better, and their success going forward would depend on how they coached their teams.

At DIII it is not difficult to coach. It really isn't. The issue I'm addressing is that you can pit a human coached DII team against some DIA SIM coached teams and win. That's jumping two levels. There is no world where that should happen.
3/19/2019 12:38 AM
Posted by Indpnt1 on 3/19/2019 12:38:00 AM (view original):
If the AI teams were made better, than the teams newbie coaches would take over would be better, and their success going forward would depend on how they coached their teams.

At DIII it is not difficult to coach. It really isn't. The issue I'm addressing is that you can pit a human coached DII team against some DIA SIM coached teams and win. That's jumping two levels. There is no world where that should happen.
That's why its a good idea to stay parked in division III. Its what I do at Hoops Dynasty and I reap the benefits in staying park and filling in a long term human coach. You only leave Division III if you won a National Championship.
3/19/2019 1:35 AM
Posted by WardoYT on 3/19/2019 1:35:00 AM (view original):
Posted by Indpnt1 on 3/19/2019 12:38:00 AM (view original):

That's why its a good idea to stay parked in division III. Its what I do at Hoops Dynasty and I reap the benefits in staying park and filling in a long term human coach. You only leave Division III if you won a National Championship.
I haven't played HD. Is it exactly the same as GD?
3/19/2019 1:40 AM
Posted by Indpnt1 on 3/19/2019 12:09:00 AM (view original):
You have started two threads to try to say that sim teams are worse under the new recruiting, and you have gotten nowhere with that assertion. Maybe try starting two or three more threads.
3/19/2019 1:46 AM
Posted by l80r20 on 3/19/2019 1:46:00 AM (view original):
Posted by Indpnt1 on 3/19/2019 12:09:00 AM (view original):
You have started two threads to try to say that sim teams are worse under the new recruiting, and you have gotten nowhere with that assertion. Maybe try starting two or three more threads.
3/19/2019 3:13 AM
123 Next ▸
Boy, you thought AI teams sucked before... Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.