Boy, you thought AI teams sucked before... Topic

Posted by champ83 on 3/27/2019 6:52:00 PM (view original):
SIMs will be about the same. A few coaches are now coo-coo for cocoa puffs over high growth players, when rounding out their class they will scout for a lesser but high growth player, get him, and leave a Sim with a better overall but average or low growth player.

I'll try to remember to look at this data next time I fire up the laptop.
So nobody uses Low potential guys? Why?
3/27/2019 7:17 PM
I wouldn't say nobody uses them. I just intentionaly recruited a Very Low potential player but that was because his numbers started so incredibly.
Reason coaches prefer higher potential is because they will grow to reach better numbers than lower potentials.
Variables that effect this are playing time and WE.
3/27/2019 8:32 PM
Posted by mojolad on 3/27/2019 8:32:00 PM (view original):
I wouldn't say nobody uses them. I just intentionaly recruited a Very Low potential player but that was because his numbers started so incredibly.
Reason coaches prefer higher potential is because they will grow to reach better numbers than lower potentials.
Variables that effect this are playing time and WE.
Eh it takes such a long time! Some players don't even cap once potential hits a certain numbers they rarely do.
3/27/2019 8:56 PM
Which is why you should go for the players that will help you the most, regardless of potential. Potential is important, but only one factor in what may help your team.
If you REALLY owned the New England Patriots and you had a player you could sign that your scouts told you had low potential. But he was much better than any other that could help your team Right Now. Wouldn't you sign him. So maybe he wouldn't get much better. But if he can help your team more than another that might grow more you'd certainly have to consider him.
3/28/2019 1:07 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by WardoYT on 3/28/2019 5:14:00 AM (view original):
If you did think the Ai is worst beyond your dreams. Try recruiting guys to be division leaders and they end up filing 20 players that has no vision and one ranked punter. That's literally worst possible situation for us as a conference. We just had my division mate do that and he has ended up costing himself some games.
I'm confused about what you're saying... did he bring on a bunch of sims? 8 out of 10 times human recruited players are still better than sims.
3/29/2019 7:50 PM
Posted by WardoYT on 3/28/2019 5:14:00 AM (view original):
If you did think the Ai is worst beyond your dreams. Try recruiting guys to be division leaders and they end up filing 20 players that has no vision and one ranked punter. That's literally worst possible situation for us as a conference. We just had my division mate do that and he has ended up costing himself some games.
You talking to me?

3/29/2019 7:51 PM
mojolad, I can't believe you still feed the troll.
3/30/2019 12:26 AM
Posted by l80r20 on 3/30/2019 12:26:00 AM (view original):
I was actually trolling when I started talking smack to my rival. He didn't take it well.
3/30/2019 12:35 AM
Posted by WardoYT on 3/30/2019 12:35:00 AM (view original):
Posted by l80r20 on 3/30/2019 12:26:00 AM (view original):
I was actually trolling when I started talking smack to my rival. He didn't take it well.
Wow, you need to learn how to smack talk.
3/31/2019 1:49 AM (edited)
Posted by Indpnt1 on 3/18/2019 10:31:00 PM (view original):
Did hook mention that most walk ons really, really, really suck?

Not sure why it would matter? Try being in a mid major conference, with six AI managed teams and see how your strength of schedule is effected. You might change your mind then.

If beating horrible teams by 90 points is what you're here for, then I can see why you don't want AI teams to be better. But if you want a more realistic experience, perhaps you can see the value in the AI teams being a little stronger than they presently are.
I have an easy solution for your problem, join the fullest conference and schedule all human coaches in OOC! That will put you against the fewest Sims possible. Boom!
3/30/2019 7:41 PM
◂ Prev 123
Boy, you thought AI teams sucked before... Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.