General Recruiting Question Topic

What will happen to a recruit who is yellow to me and one sim team if we have reached the signing period and i have no money left to do anything with him other than offer a scholarship? I made the mistake late last night of the half asleep recruiting right at the end of a cycle and got caught doubling up on a guy and didn't catch it before the cycle passed and left myself with only enough cash to offer my available scholarships..
3/27/2019 8:36 AM
The sim will keep spending money on him. If you offer him a scholarship, there's a slight chance you will eventually sign him. Most likely though, the sim will eventually win him over.
3/27/2019 10:19 AM
is your reputation good? do the kid's scouting reports show him to be crass and venal? boost the kid a car!
3/27/2019 10:26 AM
at the risk of lost reputation for three seasons, and possibly the kid getting kicked off the team middle of next season

but also you might get away with it
3/27/2019 10:30 AM
But if he's a punter, don't even think about doing that. He's not worth it. I would only try that if he looked like a future star. Personally, I've never offered booster gifts. Too chicken.
3/27/2019 11:16 AM
Hmm. Chicken Colonel Sanders ?
3/27/2019 12:27 PM
Posted by bjschumacher on 3/20/2019 6:36:00 PM (view original):
Lately, what I've been doing is sending phone calls and letters at the same time I send out the first CV. So then if he does reject your first CV, the phone calls and letters will generate more interest, and will increase the chance that he will accept your 2nd try at a CV.
Good idea, never thought of sending them...just do the basic manifesto stuff
3/30/2019 12:29 PM
◂ Prev 12
General Recruiting Question Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.