Passing - Developers Notes? Topic

Posted by jeffn48 on 3/25/2019 11:58:00 AM (view original):
Over the course of the season, the number of targets to each player is going to be very close to the distribution set.

Now, you would have to be very STUPID to try something so SIMPLE, but if you were to allocate 20% to each of your 5 eligible receivers at medium depth and then pass medium on every single play, at the end of the year you would probably find that each position would have right around 20% of the total targets.

Of course, if you did what I mentioned above, coaches would be easily able to figure it out and defend it. It's way too basic to work. But whatever allocations you use, the targets are going to be pretty close to that number.
So much wrong with this post. How does spreading the ball around make it easier to defend? While passing medium is easy to see, how does the defense properly defend if they don't know who will get the ball????
3/26/2019 10:50 AM
Posted by jaylien1 on 3/26/2019 1:44:00 AM (view original):
Posted by bagchucker on 3/25/2019 8:24:00 PM (view original):
it would be stupid to spread it around? up and down left and right? build some unknown into the O?

or would it be stupid to huck it long every damn time so even a stupid man could defend it

what would truly enable a stupid man to defend any kinda lazer focus surgical precision like that would be

if the simcast and the advanced play-by-play would use position not player name in their description

who has the time to look up another guy's roster and cross check it against position to find out who's doin what

Apeman hucks long to Zipperhead becomes QB -> WR4

i don have to acquaint myself with the opposition's roster names

KISS
You know you can click on the OX icon for any play in play-by-play and see who was playing what, right?
yup i know. and it was wonderful when i first learned it

but since we are all about cutting the clicks these days, for my purposes, or to my mind, it is far easier to see whats goin on if i don have to click it

i know the opposition formation, i can picture the play immediately if i know the opposition position not playername
3/26/2019 11:07 AM
Posted by superv97 on 3/26/2019 10:50:00 AM (view original):
Over the course of the season, the number of targets to each player is going to be very close to the distribution set.

Now, you would have to be very STUPID to try something so SIMPLE, but if you were to allocate 20% to each of your 5 eligible receivers at medium depth and then pass medium on every single play, at the end of the year you would probably find that each position would have right around 20% of the total targets.

Of course, if you did what I mentioned above, coaches would be easily able to figure it out and defend it. It's way too basic to work. But whatever allocations you use, the targets are going to be pretty close to that number.
So much wrong with this post. How does spreading the ball around make it easier to defend? While passing medium is easy to see, how does the defense properly defend if they don't know who will get the ball????
the hotshots claim thats exactly what they do -- design plays that get their best player the ball over and over when they need a score

it would be easier to stop if i saw "IFO RB2 Long" ten times in succession

kinda like watching film you can see it, you don necessarily care who they substitute out and in, you can scheme to stop the play
3/26/2019 11:33 AM (edited)

I was trying to go so far over the top with advocating against this strategy that someone might actually try it and see what happens.
3/26/2019 2:36 PM
Posted by jeffn48 on 3/26/2019 2:36:00 PM (view original):

I was trying to go so far over the top with advocating against this strategy that someone might actually try it and see what happens.
The 20% even distributions with medium only passing? You don't think people would be "stupid" enough to try it?
3/26/2019 3:45 PM
It's sarcasm man, for anybody who doesn't know you can rack up huge points with that game plan. Sorry if I was too subtle.
3/26/2019 3:49 PM
Ahh, well my sarcasm meter was apparently not turned on...haha. My bad!!
3/26/2019 5:35 PM
◂ Prev 123
Passing - Developers Notes? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.