Recruit Schedule Question Topic

I haven't played GD in forever and I am very rusty. Our recruiting just began at 12:01pm. I sent the letters and phone calls and scouting trips, etc. When should I check back? In other words, how often does it update?

Thanks! I know in theory this info should be readily available on the forums or in the players guide, but I am having a hard time finding it. My apologies in advance if I missed it.
3/24/2019 1:10 PM
The first cycle lasts 24 hours now. Check back at noon tomorrow. If you're anything like me, if you keep looking before the first cycle is over, you'll just keep finding reasons to spend "just a little more money", and end up cash-starved late in recruiting when you need it.
After the first 24 hours, it cycles every 3 hours, so check back at 12, 3, 6, and 9 eastern.
3/24/2019 1:27 PM
Thanks for the help scrodz! And you're right about overthinking and blowing through money haha
3/25/2019 3:03 PM
I just made the jump to D2 in Yost...overthinking and over-complicating was my problem in the beginning.
3/25/2019 3:39 PM
I am concerned about the jump to DIAA due to the transition in recruiting. I assume that the difference between the DIAA and DII in recruiting has to do more with competition with the Sim engines and their aggressiveness at the end of the recruiting cycle.
3/26/2019 2:54 PM
Posted by strockrw13 on 3/26/2019 2:54:00 PM (view original):
I am concerned about the jump to DIAA due to the transition in recruiting. I assume that the difference between the DIAA and DII in recruiting has to do more with competition with the Sim engines and their aggressiveness at the end of the recruiting cycle.
It's the same SIM engine at all levels. DIAA is harder because of the overlap between DIAA and DIA recruits. At DIAA, you have to check the SIMS you're recruiting against; it's harder to push DIA SIMs off recruits compared to DIAA SIMs. Also, DIA human coaches have a huge advantage over DIAA humans, so be careful about going all in on your good recruits. If he's a really good DIAA recruit, he's also a good DIA back-up. You could spend $20k to get a guy green, then have a DIA coach turn him yellow for the cost of an AC scout. Tread carefully when DIA coaches are around.
On the flip side, though, if you track what the DIA coaches are doing, you can frequently pick up top recruits cheap by snagging a DIA coaches backups after he uses his last scholly.
3/26/2019 3:12 PM
Posted by scrodz on 3/26/2019 3:12:00 PM (view original):
Posted by strockrw13 on 3/26/2019 2:54:00 PM (view original):
It's the same SIM engine at all levels. DIAA is harder because of the overlap between DIAA and DIA recruits. At DIAA, you have to check the SIMS you're recruiting against; it's harder to push DIA SIMs off recruits compared to DIAA SIMs. Also, DIA human coaches have a huge advantage over DIAA humans, so be careful about going all in on your good recruits. If he's a really good DIAA recruit, he's also a good DIA back-up. You could spend $20k to get a guy green, then have a DIA coach turn him yellow for the cost of an AC scout. Tread carefully when DIA coaches are around.
On the flip side, though, if you track what the DIA coaches are doing, you can frequently pick up top recruits cheap by snagging a DIA coaches backups after he uses his last scholly.
Thanks for the reply! Keeping track of how many scholarship spots are open makes sense. I typically haven't been doing that at the lower levels.
3/27/2019 8:47 AM
Recruit Schedule Question Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.