ODL 71 commentary Topic

two drafts at one time? Madness!
4/1/2019 1:48 PM
I picked Steph Curry on Thursday at “10 AM”. Two day later, I had to take my 1 1/2 year old son to the ER and we had to stay for 36 hours. While the ODL was not high on my list of priorities at the time, I was sure I was holding the draft up. Yet here we are; I’m 5 picks away.
4/1/2019 2:05 PM
Sorry to hear that, jhsukow - hope the kiddo is OK.
4/1/2019 2:06 PM
Posted by jhsukow on 4/1/2019 2:05:00 PM (view original):
I picked Steph Curry on Thursday at “10 AM”. Two day later, I had to take my 1 1/2 year old son to the ER and we had to stay for 36 hours. While the ODL was not high on my list of priorities at the time, I was sure I was holding the draft up. Yet here we are; I’m 5 picks away.
My son is home now. He has Cystic Fibrosis and the reality is that this may happen more and more, so take this comment as a way to cope with and normialize the situation.
4/1/2019 2:07 PM
so sorry to hear that
4/1/2019 2:26 PM
Thanks for that tarheel/coperrnicus. I certainly don’t want to highjack the thread. I do appreciate any thoughts and don’t expect any, but you can SM me if you want. With that...

pretty low for Big Ben. He is one of my dream ODL guys.
4/1/2019 3:07 PM
Posted by jhsukow on 4/1/2019 3:07:00 PM (view original):
Thanks for that tarheel/coperrnicus. I certainly don’t want to highjack the thread. I do appreciate any thoughts and don’t expect any, but you can SM me if you want. With that...

pretty low for Big Ben. He is one of my dream ODL guys.
Honestly I was lukewarm on him. You can usually get someone 90% as good in the third. I was intrigued by Draymond because him and Malone would give me enough assists to punt on it with my backcourt. But it didn’t work out. Hardaway was my number one wish.

I mean I’m pretty happy with him but not over the moon. There just weren’t any offers to trade up that made it worth passing on him.

It just means I’ll build a little but different ODL team than I normally do. It should be fun.
4/1/2019 3:14 PM
Also pretty sure I sent you this via SM last year but admire everything you are doing jhsukow, between what you’ve mentioned here and privately. I couldn’t imagine anything like that with my little girl.
4/1/2019 3:15 PM
Hey Copernicus: can you do me a favor and put 70 in the thread title?
4/1/2019 3:16 PM
Posted by robusk on 4/1/2019 3:16:00 PM (view original):
not a chance

but I could be talked into 71
4/1/2019 3:19 PM
Posted by copernicus on 4/1/2019 3:19:00 PM (view original):
Posted by robusk on 4/1/2019 3:16:00 PM (view original):
not a chance

but I could be talked into 71
Oh right thanks. Typing while walking through airport is sloppy af.
4/1/2019 3:20 PM
Which season of KAT do you plan to use? I have one I greatly prefer but I could see why someone might like the higher usage one.

I feel like there specific set of conditions under which I would be very happy to draft him but not universally.
4/1/2019 3:21 PM
Sorry to hear about your situation jhsukow, but it sounds like he has a great dad to be there for him. Respect.
4/1/2019 3:24 PM
I like his most recent but the higher usage one is sweet too and depending on what falls to me in later rounds I may need to use that season as my offensive engine
4/1/2019 3:25 PM
I’m pretty pumped to land Draymond. He is literally one of the only players in the game that makes me feel comfortable playing 88-89 Jordan at PG. Dray + MJ give me enough passing to not need much more, it gives me two good versatile defenders, they’re both good rebounders for their position, and they’re both efficient scorers. 10.3 ORB and 38.1 DRB isn’t bad between my PG and SF. Plus Dray stretches the floor a bit for MJ. I wonder if they’ve ever been teamed up in this league before?

Now watch this fail miserably...
4/1/2019 3:30 PM
1|2|3...8 Next ▸
ODL 71 commentary Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.