2019 video highlights Topic

Chris Davis with a single!

The streak is over. 55 AB (62 PA) without a hit.
4/13/2019 1:47 PM
Chris Davis on a tear!

The yips! (Yipper immediately pulled from game, sent down to Triple-A.)

Hey, wake up!

Hey, wake up! Part Deux

Bartolo Colon's son (I assume?) flashing some leather.
4/16/2019 1:22 AM
More on the yips (historically speaking).
4/18/2019 4:40 PM
Mackey Sasser drove me crazy----couldn't throw the ball back to the pitcher

I used to get the yips shooting pool, lol, but only when I practiced, never in league play
4/18/2019 4:53 PM
Matt Shoemaker, gone for the year thanks to a torn ACL incurred in a rundown.

Terrible news for my Blue Jays, but the sim has one more low-inning cookie starter:

5 games, 28.2 IP, 1.57 ERA, .163 OAV, 0.87 WHIP.
4/22/2019 3:01 AM
4/24/2019 12:11 AM
Vlad Jr. debuts tonight, first hit with dad watching on.
4/27/2019 12:14 AM
Ender Inciarte shows bunt, doesn't bunt. Am I weird, or is this a highly enjoyable bit of deception that should be employed more often? I don't know, maybe other teams do it, but I can't recall the last time my Blue Jays did.

Ender Inciarte goofing around in the outfield.

That's it. The Ender Inciarte show today.
5/6/2019 12:24 PM

Pablo Sandoval accomplishes extremely rare feat in Giants loss to Reds

Pablo Sandoval accomplished a rare feat on Monday.

The San Francisco Giants’ third baseman became the first player since 1905 to hit a home run, steal a base and pitch a scoreless inning all in the same game. Sandoval did so in a 12-4 loss to the Cincinnati Reds

Sandoval got the stolen base out of the way first, stealing third after reaching on an error in the second inning. It was the first stolen base since the 2012 season (and 12th of his career) for Sandoval, a player not exactly known for his speed.

Sandoval, however, is known for having home run power. And with two outs in the sixth with his team trailing 7-1, Sandoval blasted a three-run shot to right field to cut Cincy’s lead to 7-4.

But that was as close as the Giants would get. In the bottom of the sixth, the Reds busted the game open with five runs. The eight-run deficit prompted Giants manager Bruce Bochy to bring on Sandoval to help the bullpen (that had already logged 5 1/3 innings on the afternoon) in a game that was out of reach.

When he came on in the bottom of the eighth, Sandoval remarkably made quick work of the scorching-hot Reds, a team that scored 26 runs in the first three games of the series.

Though he hit José Peraza to lead off the inning, Sandoval then retired Josh VanMeter on a lazy fly to center and induced an inning-ending double-play from Nick Senzel with a well-placed 84-mph fastball. In all, Sandoval threw 10 pitches with seven strikes. Now that’s efficient.

“It was fun,” Sandoval said after the game, per MLB.com. “Tough loss, but whatever I can do to help this team, I want to take that punch and sacrifice everything to help the bullpen.”

5/7/2019 1:39 PM (edited)
Heads up fielding (Anthony Rizzo).

Heads up running (Jeff McNeil).

5/8/2019 11:56 PM
Vladdy HR #1

Vladdy HR #2

Ex-Jay Kevin Pillar had a terrific view of both from center field.

In other Blue Jay/trivia news, recent acquisition Edwin Jackson is scheduled to start for Toronto Wednesday night in San Francisco. With his first pitch he'll break the MLB record for most teams played for (14). He's currently tied with Octavio Dotel, at 13 teams apiece.
5/15/2019 1:03 AM
What do you call this, a triple no-play?

Baltimore!
5/23/2019 2:36 PM (edited)

Astros shortstop Carlos Correa says broken rib was caused by in-home massage

Here's one of the most unusual statements we'll see this season

5/29/2019 6:28 PM
Not bad, but it doesn't top Sammy Sosa's "violent sneeze" or Glenallen Hill's injuring himself during a nightmare about spiders chasing him.

There's a new Pillar in town!
5/29/2019 11:44 PM
◂ Prev 1234 Next ▸
2019 video highlights Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.