Can I use the 1950 Jim Hearn as starter Topic

Baseball-Reference says the NY Giants used Hearn 16 times,all as a starter and the Cardinals used him 6 times as a reliever. If you search for him as a starter, he doesn't show. He shows as a reliever 3 times (Giants only and the two combined). His IP/g is 7.81.
Will I have any problem using him as a starter? I tried him in simulated games and the robo manager pulled him before he finished 5 innings every time.
4/13/2019 11:08 AM
You can start games with him, but only on a spot start basis. His ip/9 allows him to pitch deeply into any single game effectively, but will drain his seasonal fatigue requiring several games of rest if you do so. I like using him as a tandem starter too
4/17/2019 11:40 AM (edited)
Thanks, that was the answer I was wanting.
4/13/2019 1:22 PM
His performance history is impressive. 13-15 starts. 55 games played. ERA around 3.0
4/13/2019 7:08 PM
Wow. Nice find.

for some reason I identify with players like this.
4/16/2019 3:47 AM
Can I use the 1950 Jim Hearn as starter Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.