Rule V Leg #63 Draft Thread Topic

HWMNBN - CIN

By the way good_beef, it's not that there is something wrong with Roy Smalley...

But if your choice is to protect Roy Smalley or Johan Santana, Johan Santana is clearly the more valuable of the two players.
4/19/2019 3:18 PM
I still can't find a Smalley season with A/A defense - if the season being contemplated is his 1980 A-/A- season, then Moreno's slash line in his season for the Pirates may be looking solid in comparison. In any case, I'm pleased to have Santana...
4/19/2019 3:28 PM
Good luck with your six man rotation. You're gonna be rostering [bad Tigers pitcher], noob.

(edited for reasons of name dropping players)
4/19/2019 4:08 PM (edited)
Jeff Bagwell in Coors? That's just not fair. He might even make up for not drafting a pitcher. So now you won't miss this guy

Ellis Burks, Colorado
4/19/2019 4:30 PM
Yeah.... Coors.....
4/19/2019 4:32 PM
ohhh... Jeff Bagwell in Mile High. ... that's very different ... Never mind!
4/19/2019 4:35 PM
*Presses finger to ear*
Wait I'm being told of the park factors for Mile High.
No. No that just wont do. Coors it is.
4/19/2019 4:56 PM
Santana is not my favorite player, like he is most of yours I guess, he only won 20 games once, Singer did it Twice! I'm just saying that I'm not ready to put Santana in the HoF yet & Smalley Filled a greater need than Santana did for my team. Santana had like two decent seasons, he's kind of like Don Larson, but Larson only had one good game. How often do you see Don Larson on at any team?
4/19/2019 6:12 PM (edited)
I feel like I'm screaming into the void but you realize you just need a single season from a player right?

If Billy Whogivesafuck hit 90 home runs in a season for the Padres and never cracked .210 again, would you not protect him?
4/19/2019 6:19 PM (edited)
ITT we compare Don Larsen to two-time Cy Young winners
4/19/2019 6:20 PM
Also the whole point of protecting players is to keep other people from drafting them. Nobody was ever, ever going to draft Roy Smalley or Brian Dozier, certainly not in the first round, so you could have used them anyway. Santana, on the other hand...
4/19/2019 6:21 PM
I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW WHO ROY SMALLEY WAS! I FEEL LIKE I'M TAKING CRAZY PILLS! BLUE STEEL? THEY ALL LOOK THE SAME!
4/19/2019 6:23 PM
lol look at this scrub who doesn't even know an all-star from before he was born, learn some baseball history, Murph
4/19/2019 6:47 PM
I actually hate Roy Smalley now. When the Twins come to Coors, I'm gonna stuff Roy Smalley into a locker and only pull him out long enough to dunk him in a toilet and give him a swirly. Roy Smalley is now my mortal enemy.
4/19/2019 6:52 PM
How old are CaptMurphy... 12 years old?

There was baseball before you were born & Smalley was considered one of the best shortstops in the late 70s & early 80s, obviously before you grew out of your diapers

FYI - Roy Smalley retired in 1987, good luck finding him & stuffing him in your toilet, you must spend a lot of time there?
4/19/2019 7:48 PM (edited)
◂ Prev 1...13|14|15|16|17...29 Next ▸
Rule V Leg #63 Draft Thread Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.