Can someone explain... Topic

Posted by Trentonjoe on 4/24/2019 9:13:00 PM (view original):
Guards with high ath, don’t need lp. It helps but there are plenty of good scoring guards with lp Under 20.

And THAT is the problem with the sim right there. IF you can't finish it doesn't matter how athletic you are, you still can't finish. Your athleticism can get freed up to take a shot, but if you can't shoot, you can't shoot PERIOD.

His PG, his main shooter, had 51 PER and 1 LP. I played +3 (which defends PER) and forced him to take LP shots. He should have been about 4-23.

The game Dickinson plays is PURE BS. His teams can't shoot. It's great if he forces turnovers and makes bunnies and gets to the foul line. But against a high iq set defense he should shoot about 30% and maybe get to the line 24 times a game.

He shot 53% and took 39 FTs!!!
4/25/2019 8:57 AM
How many people have to tell you not to play + defense against a team that doesn't shoot threes before you believe them?

Keep knocking your head against the wall and complaining about the SIM or listen to what everyone else is saying.
4/25/2019 9:10 AM
thread title "can someone explain"

answered.
4/25/2019 9:41 AM
Posted by Sportsbulls on 4/19/2019 11:07:00 AM (view original):
Hoops Dynasty – College Basketball Sim Games - Game Boxscore - Guilford vs. Dickinson

Is this the box score? The PG on Dickinson has great Speed and BH which helps while having solid athleticism too.
You played a +3 perimeter defense against a team that doesn't play a perimeter offense.

That's just poor game planning.
4/25/2019 11:12 AM
You don’t need low post ability to make layups on fastbreaks off press turnovers. Nor do you need low post ability to make 12 foot jumpers. Guards generally aren’t posting up. For LP, think Kevin McHale. Jump hooks, up and unders, fadeaways, etc.
4/25/2019 1:20 PM
OP, i may be the one and only that agrees with you on the outcome, it sucks. Losses to Dickinson always make me want to throw my computer because you know exactly what he is going to do so it comes down on whether your squad is talented to overcome his blatant attacks of the basket and press D. Although your choice of tempo and +3 Defensive setting make me wonder if you even realize the terror that you were up against that evening. You should have won this game but your poor gameplanning resulted in being destroyed by this one dimensional squad.
4/25/2019 2:57 PM
I didn't ask for a game strategy or if I should have won or lost. I don't even care.

I asked how a talented/high iq ZONE defense committed 29 fouls and gave up 39 FTs.

The +3 should have given up a higher than average FG% against his team but committed few fouls. Higher than average would be somewhere in the high 40s given that we were 39% and 40% against top 10 opponents (playing + defense against teams taking <15% of their shots behind the 3 pt line). In those games we had 29 fouls COMBINED!!!

And once more, no one has explained why the FG% was LOWER against the +3 in the first half (considerably lower) than in the second half against the +1. IF the +3 was the issue, then the numbers should have improved. They didn't, they went the opposite direction.

Would someone explain that?
4/29/2019 1:13 PM
Posted by iamjoeyd on 4/29/2019 1:13:00 PM (view original):
I didn't ask for a game strategy or if I should have won or lost. I don't even care.

I asked how a talented/high iq ZONE defense committed 29 fouls and gave up 39 FTs.

The +3 should have given up a higher than average FG% against his team but committed few fouls. Higher than average would be somewhere in the high 40s given that we were 39% and 40% against top 10 opponents (playing + defense against teams taking <15% of their shots behind the 3 pt line). In those games we had 29 fouls COMBINED!!!

And once more, no one has explained why the FG% was LOWER against the +3 in the first half (considerably lower) than in the second half against the +1. IF the +3 was the issue, then the numbers should have improved. They didn't, they went the opposite direction.

Game was a blowout and both teams used their benches a ton. You aren't necessarily apples-apples when you factor in backups.

Besides, I'm not sure 19/37 vs 16/28 is hugely different, you're working with small sample sizes here.

I respect your efforts to find order in chaos, but real life CBB produces wacky results. It's a strength of HD that it does the same. We've all had some bad sims, and you won't learn something from every loss.
4/29/2019 2:03 PM
I mean if you got guys guarding the 3 point line and beyond and the opposing team is shooting mid range jumpers, that's not good.
4/29/2019 2:11 PM
Posted by iamjoeyd on 4/29/2019 1:13:00 PM (view original):

I can explain it in one little sentence. You just suck at this game. Done.
4/29/2019 4:30 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by WardoYT on 4/30/2019 1:18:00 PM (view original):
You can avoid the diceroll if you plan ahead of time and put a variable of a coin flip in your lineup which leads more to having more wins in diceroll battles.
Would that strategy specifically help the op, or is that a gift to everyone?
4/30/2019 7:51 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by WardoYT on 4/30/2019 7:54:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cedarberry on 4/30/2019 7:51:00 PM (view original):
Posted by WardoYT on 4/30/2019 1:18:00 PM (view original):
You can avoid the diceroll if you plan ahead of time and put a variable of a coin flip in your lineup which leads more to having more wins in diceroll battles.
Would that strategy specifically help the op, or is that a gift to everyone?
It helps every1 who doesn't know dice roll format and coin flip equations in the game engine.
To be consistent your statement would be that it doesn’t help anyone who doesn’t know
4/30/2019 10:25 PM
After reading this thread, I was expecting iamjoeyd's resume to be filled with deep runs in the tourney. Yikes. When people w/ lots and lots of championships are telling you what's going on, you might want to just say "thank you"! #protip
5/1/2019 11:33 AM
◂ Prev 1234 Next ▸
Can someone explain... Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.