Who is better PG? Don't worry about Def., I play zone.
A) https://www.whatifsports.com/hd/PlayerProfile/Ratings.aspx?tid=0&pid=4169785.
B) https://www.whatifsports.com/hd/PlayerProfile/Ratings.aspx?tid=0&pid=4150168.
I'm getting mixed results. One has good SP, great BH, ok P. The other has so-so SP and Ath, Good BH and better P than other.
4/21/2019 7:18 PM
Even though you play zone, defense still matters. You can hide a bad defender in zone, but that doesn’t mean you should not value defense. I would go with Collison because I’ll take the +39 DEF over the advantages Witter has.
4/21/2019 8:10 PM
I would alternate. I think Witter is a better PG when playing against a press because of his BH & SPD. I'd play Collison against a zone because of his better PAS and his lack of SPD. And against Man it would be a toss up depending on what the opposing PG looks like.

They are two different style of players, so I don't think "picking one" and sticking with him will give you the best results

Edit.... my lack of speed comment wasn't intended to be a positive point. I should've just left it out. But what I meant was his lack of speed would hurt him against other defenses. Against a zone it won't hurt as much
4/21/2019 8:24 PM (edited)
B)
4/21/2019 8:43 PM
Posted by Sportsbulls on 4/21/2019 8:10:00 PM (view original):
Even though you play zone, defense still matters. You can hide a bad defender in zone, but that doesn’t mean you should not value defense. I would go with Collison because I’ll take the +39 DEF over the advantages Witter has.
Excellent advice when it comes to zone.
4/21/2019 8:45 PM
The first guy is the better offensive pg. the 30 points in speed and 10 in bh are worth more than the 20 points in which pass.
4/21/2019 10:52 PM
Id run Witter at PG, Collison at SG/SF to offset the defensive liability.

I think some of the mixed results may be due to the IQ differences (Witter with B vs. Collison with A-). I personally like high speed/high ball handling in flex at my guard spot.

I think you are also losing because you have bad shooters set at +1/+2 Per frequency. Fike and Witter should be set at 0/ -1. Looks like their set at +1/+2 right now. Let Witter utilize his BH and Speed to score, dont make him shoot threes (id suggest -1/-2 for him).

Lowering your Per frequency, will make those guys attack the rim.... Both Witter and Collison are great free throw shooters, let them get to the line... i mean for godsakes Collison is shooting 96% FT.
4/22/2019 10:35 AM
Posted by snafu4u on 4/21/2019 8:45:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Sportsbulls on 4/21/2019 8:10:00 PM (view original):
Excellent advice when it comes to zone.
I agree with the value of defense, but Witter has to start. Coming off the bench is not an option. So his weak def will be involved somewhere. Either at the SG or the PG. That's why I was wondering who at SG and who at PG.
4/22/2019 11:32 AM
Oh, my bad, I didn’t understand the question like that. If they’re both starting, then Witter.
4/22/2019 12:00 PM
Posted by Sportsbulls on 4/22/2019 12:00:00 PM (view original):
Oh, my bad, I didn’t understand the question like that. If they’re both starting, then Witter.
Cool
4/22/2019 12:46 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.