Today's rant.... Topic

This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by bronxcheer on 4/22/2019 7:03:00 AM (view original):
I know it's strange but I don't like to build my team until there is an actual league #, so if the commish waits until the league is nearly full to provide one that is a pet peeve of mine.
As commish, how do you create the league number before you've completed drafting your own team? I think I've seen that done, but never spotted a way to do it.
4/24/2019 10:33 PM
Draft a placeholder team and enter it, get the league #, send sitemails out.

Once you enter your real team, remove the placeholder team.
4/24/2019 10:43 PM
Probably the most annoying thing I’ve seen on this site happened when everyone was waiting on one owner to enter their team. Not enter an incorrect team and never got the notification for the sitemail about it from the commish. Signed up for a league in the forums and never entered it.

After a **** ton of bullshit happened, with the commish sending multiple reminder sitemails, opening the theme back up in the forums, trying to get people to enter a 2nd team, whatever, the owner finally enters his team.

Then he says some BULLLLshit like to the tune of “sorry I forget this website is the most important thing in some peoples’ lives”.

LIKE WHAT! No! Uh-uhhhh! You don’t get to say that. I am a college student, work 40 hours a week (technically full-time), in 2 bowling leagues, and (pathetically) attempting to go pro in bowling by going to tournaments and events and whatnot.

I still have time to check my teams and I’m usually one of the first people to have my team built. Overwhelmed sure, and there’s probably people on here with even less time than I do. But to be so cynical about it...jeez

(since we’re ranting here)
4/24/2019 11:54 PM
“sorry I forget this website is the most important thing in some peoples’ lives”.

That is one of the most arrogant things...

How would you feel if a waiter at a restaurant responded like that? Or if the guy in front of you at the stoplight who waits forever to go when it turns green said that to you? Or if your professor at school waited an extra week to post your grades? Delays happen, people can have patience with that...IF you recognize that it inconvenienced people and you sincerely apologize for it.

It's not about the website (or the food at a restaurant, or the wait at the stoplight, or whatever it is), it's about basic human respect and courtesy. To act as though someone else's time and interests don't even matter is the height of arrogance and one of the root problems in our society today.
4/25/2019 11:06 AM
I don’t know if giving post good ratings do anything, but I’ve used them all in this thread.
4/25/2019 2:46 PM
You'd be a pretty lousy commish if 23 owners got their teams entered before you did. Like, Bud Selig-lousy.
4/25/2019 8:40 PM
Posted by crazystengel on 4/25/2019 8:40:00 PM (view original):
You'd be a pretty lousy commish if 23 owners got their teams entered before you did. Like, Bud Selig-lousy.
Or maybe such a good Commissioner players flock to your league in unprecedented numbers.
4/25/2019 11:09 PM
How about when you tell owners at the start of a season that it's your last, then when the next one starts, you get hounded about getting your team in? Bizarre. It's like you're not even being heard.
4/26/2019 7:27 PM
Posted by mattedesa on 4/25/2019 11:06:00 AM (view original):
“sorry I forget this website is the most important thing in some peoples’ lives”.

That is one of the most arrogant things...

How would you feel if a waiter at a restaurant responded like that? Or if the guy in front of you at the stoplight who waits forever to go when it turns green said that to you? Or if your professor at school waited an extra week to post your grades? Delays happen, people can have patience with that...IF you recognize that it inconvenienced people and you sincerely apologize for it.

It's not about the website (or the food at a restaurant, or the wait at the stoplight, or whatever it is), it's about basic human respect and courtesy. To act as though someone else's time and interests don't even matter is the height of arrogance and one of the root problems in our society today.
It also makes me question why they're on WIS. Yes, it's supposed to be fun, but it also takes a certain level of commitment, and accountability, since you're play with other people. If you're life is so busy you can't meet timelines or do things in a timely fashion, why are you playing on this site?
4/29/2019 10:27 AM
Posted by uncleal on 4/26/2019 7:27:00 PM (view original):
How about when you tell owners at the start of a season that it's your last, then when the next one starts, you get hounded about getting your team in? Bizarre. It's like you're not even being heard.
that annoys me too, but in their defense, leagues can be very difficult to fill, and if they can even convince one person to change their mind....
5/1/2019 7:39 PM
12 Next ▸
Today's rant.... Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.