Sanders ---- LMAO Topic

Most convicts probably won't bother to vote. hell, most people don't bother to vote.
4/26/2019 3:15 PM
Posted by laramiebob on 4/26/2019 3:10:00 PM (view original):
Posted by dino27 on 4/26/2019 10:56:00 AM (view original):
the ones in for drugs will vote dem and the ones in for agg assault and murder and terrorism will vote trump.
You forgot to mention the rapists and sexual deviants in prison. Who do you reckon they be voting for??

OK, well some of them might vote for Mayor Pete I suppose. But, that would just be wishful thinking on their part.
and tax frauds and white cholera criminals would vote trump.
4/26/2019 3:40 PM
Posted by cccp1014 on 4/26/2019 2:10:00 PM (view original):
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2019/04/22/bernie_sanders_convicts_should_be_allowed_to_vote_from_prison_even_the_boston_marathon_bomber.html
Prisoners are people too, not sure why they shouldn't be able to vote.
4/26/2019 4:11 PM
well, because that is currently the law. Not saying the law is right or wrong, but it is the law:

Individuals convicted of a felony are ineligible to vote while in prison, on parole, or on probation. Voting rights are automatically restored two years after the completion of all supervised release (except if convicted of treason). Ex-offenders should re-register to vote.

Personally I have no problem with convicted felons losing the right to vote. If you are willing to commit a crime, you better be sure you can face the consequences of getting caught.
4/26/2019 4:44 PM
why are you so literal.....we know it is against the law...why do you think we are talking about it....geez.
some of us are saying loss of the right to vote should not happen to citizens.....we think the law is wrong.
4/26/2019 4:54 PM
okay, then change the law. Until then, convicted felons can't vote, and I, for one, have no real issue with that law. If it is changed, I wouldn't have a real issue with it either.
I'm sorry if I am too literal for you. You asked why can't felons vote and I told you why. You didn't ask why it is a law. That, I can't answer.
4/26/2019 5:02 PM
Posted by cccp1014 on 4/26/2019 2:10:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 4/26/2019 12:02:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 4/26/2019 10:04:00 AM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 4/25/2019 3:17:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 4/25/2019 10:26:00 AM (view original):
Hates millionaires but is one. Wants convicted felons like Son of Sam to vote.

I hope the Dems pick him to run vs. DJT. I don't even care if he wins as the debates would be must see TV. And tang would run out and vote for him as would dino and bad luck.

Your first part is not hypocrisy. And felons should be able to vote after they serve their time.

I would vote for him. And I will defend that.
Not what he said. He said WHILE IN PRISON. Keep moving those goal posts. Of course you will vote for him. LMAO. Hence the thread.
Did he? Well I disagree with him on that. Doubt that's an actual policy of his. And yes, I would vote for him.
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2019/04/22/bernie_sanders_convicts_should_be_allowed_to_vote_from_prison_even_the_boston_marathon_bomber.html
Well, I disagree with him on that. Not a major policy. No big deal.
4/26/2019 5:27 PM
Posted by wylie715 on 4/26/2019 4:44:00 PM (view original):
well, because that is currently the law. Not saying the law is right or wrong, but it is the law:

Individuals convicted of a felony are ineligible to vote while in prison, on parole, or on probation. Voting rights are automatically restored two years after the completion of all supervised release (except if convicted of treason). Ex-offenders should re-register to vote.

Personally I have no problem with convicted felons losing the right to vote. If you are willing to commit a crime, you better be sure you can face the consequences of getting caught.
I think felons should be able to vote after they serve their time. They are allowed to serve in the military. They have served their time at that point.
4/26/2019 5:29 PM
Posted by wylie715 on 4/26/2019 4:44:00 PM (view original):

Yeah, I understand what the law is. That’s not what I’m asking.

I’m asking if it’s right.

To me, the fact that someone is being punished for a crime doesn’t render them a non-citizen. Their lives are still impacted by policy decisions, they should get a voice.

This is especially true when you consider the undeniable inequality in the “justice” system.
4/26/2019 5:59 PM
There is no definitive answer as to whether it is right or wrong.
4/26/2019 7:18 PM
you mean there is no definitive consensus.
4/26/2019 8:50 PM
isn't that the same thing? Since there is no way anyone could prove covicts should or shouldn't be allowed to vote, how could there be a right or wrong answer?
4/27/2019 1:02 AM
It's very simple wylie, whatever dino and tang want us to think is right and anything else is wrong. They have made sure there are dozens of threads telling us that very thing.
4/27/2019 8:11 AM
Well, yeah. I think my opinion is right.
4/27/2019 8:20 AM
of course you do! what kind of idiot would think his/her opinion is wrong?
and all3, you have basically said the same thing...like we should respect Trump because he is POTUS
4/27/2019 12:11 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5...17 Next ▸
Sanders ---- LMAO Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.