Decade Draft League #21 (gone fish'n) Topic

Posted by pexetera on 5/14/2019 3:27:00 PM (view original):
I agree, ABBAB does overcorrect. I agree. But ABABB undercorrects. It should be ABBAA. and completely ABBAABBABA

Just look at the simple alternating string AB AB AB AB AB.... clearly picking first in round 1,3,5,7,9 is better than picking first in round 2,4,6,8,10
But they way we're doing it now starts with the same opening 4 spots...picking first in 1,3 versus picking first in 2,4. That is a huge advantage. There are no top picks to be had in the 5th round to make up for that! When I win with a bottom draft pick it's because I'm relying on you guys to make drafting mistakes, not because the draft has given me some advantage.

What it should be is: ABBA ABBA ABBA that is the only way to make it more fair. picking first in 1,4,5,8,9 versus 2,3,6,7,10. This way the "A" picks first for the 1st, 4th, and 5th starter. and the "B" picks first for the 2nd, and 3rd starter and 6th man.
If you didn't want to do a full 12 round draft, then you could do ABBA ABBA BA with the last two rounds being 2 picks each. Getting Lebron or Curry or Wilt with first picks is just too overpowering. You said it yourself, nothing can correct for 12-13 Lebron... so let's not try?

You could also do ABBA ABBA AB if you thought that was more fair. But it should definitely start ABBAA.... which neither overcorrects (like ABBAB), nor undercorrects (like how we're doing it now ABABB)
I agree but only as a fan of the band ABBA
5/14/2019 4:14 PM
I submitted a poll at bottom of page 8. Please vote.
5/14/2019 4:16 PM
Victor Oladipo sitemailing next
5/14/2019 4:33 PM
Pextera didn't you win a recent DFL?
5/14/2019 4:34 PM
damian lillard
5/14/2019 4:48 PM
I know one thing " you can hide, you can run but he will find you" so Liam Neeson is always right lol I vote with him
5/14/2019 4:56 PM
Posted by 6544 on 5/14/2019 4:34:00 PM (view original):
Yes, but I'm not bringing this up as a consideration just for me. It's really in the interest of fairness for those who need a level playing field. It's totally up to the commish what happens with this current league, regardless of whatever the poll results are. The poll is more to get a consensus on what should be considered for next time. The commish decides what happens with this current league, but if there's a majority he may consider switching. It's never too late to make a right decision.
5/14/2019 5:00 PM (edited)
#VoteForThePex
5/14/2019 4:58 PM
Olidipo
5/14/2019 5:10 PM
Posted by pexetera on 5/14/2019 5:00:00 PM (view original):
Posted by 6544 on 5/14/2019 4:34:00 PM (view original):
Yes, but I'm not bringing this up as a consideration just for me. It's really in the interest of fairness for those who need a level playing field. It's totally up to the commish what happens with this current league, regardless of whatever the poll results are. The poll is more to get a consensus on what should be considered for next time. The commish decides what happens with this current league, but if there's a majority he may consider switching. It's never too late to make a right decision.
I think 6544 might have brought it up because you won under the same drafting format as we are now. Did you make this much of a fuss when you had a better pick? Can someone who was in that league, say Smokey, tell us stories of your push for draft reform for the better of others then?
And before you brought up doing this in consideration of others, one of your first remarks was, "I mean I'm getting ready to pick again, and instead I find out I'm screwed. That I'm going to have close the gap between the 1st and 24th pick with the 97th pick. Gimme a break. " Stop with the BS about doing this in consideration of others. All I'm seeing is someone that was huffing and puffing because he wants it his way. And that comment. "It's never too late to make a right decision." is textbook manipulation through passive-aggression.
I wasn't questioning your intentions before, but I sure as hell am now. I don't mind this format, I don't mind changing it, but you pushing for change after the draft has started, after you've already drafted in this format in this league, and saying your doing it for others after your initial selfish comments... Utter bullshit.
5/14/2019 5:18 PM
Posted by 6544 on 5/14/2019 5:10:00 PM (view original):
Olidipo
Already taken. I’ll SM 6544
5/14/2019 5:18 PM
Thanks dB
5/14/2019 5:21 PM
Klay Thompson
5/14/2019 5:31 PM
Lucky.did you get skipped over?
5/14/2019 5:36 PM
Rule Violations abound

No Whining
No ******* in the commissioners Corn Flakes, coffee cup or on his leg.
5/14/2019 5:37 PM
◂ Prev 1...7|8|9|10|11...40 Next ▸
Decade Draft League #21 (gone fish'n) Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.