Decade Draft League #21 (gone fish'n) Topic

ABABBABA is only mathematically fair if all picks have the same SIM value. Which they obviously don't.
5/13/2019 5:18 PM
That was a transcription error, I copied DDL18. Sorry I'll correct it. But it's been ABABBA for 2 seasons...DDL21 is the 3rd season since it was changed. I apologize for the oversight.
5/13/2019 5:19 PM
I do get your argument Pexetera, but you're about to get your 2nd pick. The #1 pick also has to wait until the 48th for his 2nd guy, you get the 23rd and 26th picks. ABBA would've been slightly better, but ABABB isn't as horrible as you're making it out to be.
5/13/2019 5:23 PM
Posted by pexetera on 5/13/2019 5:16:00 PM (view original):
i can see that the forum classifieds league description has been edited. Was it changed after I signed up? Sorry guys, that's not cool.

It's still ABBA in the description in this thread.

I mean I'm getting ready to pick again, and instead I find out I'm screwed. That I'm going to have close the gap between the 1st and 24th pick with the 97th pick. Gimme a break.
This is the 3rd season since it was changed. The edit in the classified was changing the era, adding the 18/19 season, not changing the draft order. So, it was ABABBA when you signed up...
5/13/2019 5:28 PM
Not only does it move you forward 24 picks, it backs 1st pick up 24 picks in the first 5 rounds when we're still picking starters. Thats still a big boost...
5/13/2019 5:36 PM
JP, you're saying because ABAB draft starts AB, therefore 1st pick plus 48th pick equals 24th and 25th pick? not a chance. the picks are not equal in SIM value. and the first pick will get back to back picks at 48 and 49.

by the way, The ABBA draft also starts AB and I would also get to pick again shortly in that format... so your post doesn't actually address the unfairness. It's picking first again in the 3rd round that makes it unfair. The 24th, 25th, 72nd, and 73rd picks is inferior to the 1st, 48th, 49th, and 96th pick. The 24th pick won't get to start "making up the difference" until the 97th pick to start the 5th round. The 24th pick is supposed to make up for 12-13 Lebron James with the 97th pick? Sorry, that is not a superior drafting method. Was it posted ABAB in league classifieds when I signed up?
5/13/2019 5:43 PM (edited)
Bradley Beal and Jason Kidd
5/13/2019 5:42 PM
You misread me. I mentioned how ABBA would be slightly better. We all signed up not knowing what position we would get. Part of it is chance, part is smart drafting. When I signed up it was listed as ABABB. Would you be dissatisfied now if you had gotten the 3rd pick? Would you want to bring up the unfairness if you were in the top-5? Probably not. Luck of the draw. Beating those top-picking teams will be a challenge, so draft intelligently.
5/13/2019 5:50 PM (edited)
Well, since I won this thing last time I played I had to pick between salad or beef first lol I decided salad first hopefully there are any beef left •.• when I pick again
5/13/2019 5:45 PM
Liam Neeson you are up!
5/13/2019 5:45 PM
Posted by smokey63 on 5/13/2019 5:30:00 PM (view original):
Posted by pexetera on 5/13/2019 5:16:00 PM (view original):
i can see that the forum classifieds league description has been edited. Was it changed after I signed up? Sorry guys, that's not cool.

It's still ABBA in the description in this thread.

I mean I'm getting ready to pick again, and instead I find out I'm screwed. That I'm going to have close the gap between the 1st and 24th pick with the 97th pick. Gimme a break.
This is the 3rd season since it was changed. The edit in the classified was changing the era, adding the 18/19 season, not changing the draft order. So, it was ABABBA when you signed up...
Ok smoke, I have no reason not to believe you. If it was ABAB when I signed up I'll stick it out. I still think you should switch it back to ABBA for the next DDL. Did anybody look at how the bottom owners did relative to making the playoffs vs the top 12 owners in the last 2 drafts?
5/13/2019 5:49 PM
Posted by jpevans31 on 5/13/2019 5:50:00 PM (view original):
You misread me. I mentioned how ABBA would be slightly better. We all signed up not knowing what position we would get. Part of it is chance, part is smart drafting. When I signed up it was listed as ABABB. Would you be dissatisfied now if you had gotten the 3rd pick? Would you want to bring up the unfairness if you were in the top-5? Probably not. Luck of the draw. Beating those top-picking teams will be a challenge, so draft intelligently.
Yes, it has nothing to do with where I stand in the draft. I'm going to make smart picks and make the playoffs anyway. It has to do with creating the most possibly fair drafting environment for all owners. I don't usually sign up for drafts that I don't think are fair to begin with.
5/13/2019 5:52 PM
Clint Capella

Liam Neeson’s c0ck is so big….he once passed 6 kidney stones at once. They were then collected by Thanos and used to erase half the life in the universe.

5/13/2019 5:58 PM
The conference finals are currently going on for the previous DDL. I am the #2 seed in my conference and I picked 5th. I’m playing the #1 seed who picked 20th.
5/13/2019 6:03 PM (edited)
Posted by jpevans31 on 5/13/2019 5:50:00 PM (view original):
Don't question my intention because you don't know me. The post at the beginning of this thread had it listed as ABBA, so I challenged it with a question.
5/13/2019 6:07 PM
◂ Prev 1...3|4|5|6|7...40 Next ▸
Decade Draft League #21 (gone fish'n) Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.