Alternative Open League $80 Mil: MLB124759 Topic

We are cruising; 5 in.
5/16/2019 8:58 PM
Bump
5/17/2019 2:23 PM
Who did the bump? Was it "The Ohio Players"?
5/17/2019 7:22 PM
Haha! Nice one Bill.
5/17/2019 8:38 PM
Years ago, this league was a regular theme. Had a great following. Come check it out. Fun league, fun draft.
5/18/2019 2:00 AM
!
5/18/2019 1:58 PM
Is this still alive?
5/24/2019 8:51 PM
Sure is. Would love to have you join up!
5/24/2019 10:05 PM
OK, I will.

Just want to join the earlier conversation about the "TOC advantage." TOC advantage seems to be ''the in thing" to call a league. I've even joined the fun in my 255 highest cap league. (For that league, since there isn’t a higher TOC league, it is true.)

I do not have the WIS resume of those participating into the earlier conversation. But I do have years of SIM experience in APBA and STRAT. So while I am proclaiming to not be ignorant of such things. I’m also aware I’m hardly an expert here. But I’m hoping folks would at least consider my opinion.

Your league has a “you pick” option for AAA. That means a lot, never mind the added 500k.

So here’s the thing, from my point of view. Getting into a TOC is seemingly a dream. So ignoring that and lets pretend I’m an Ozomatli level player, if one could get into the playoffs by the “not” transaction deadline. You could cut AAA players, leave yourself enough back-ups for both the playoffs and TOC, and keep your roster eligible for an 80 million TOC,

That means YES, this is a TOC advantage league.

5/24/2019 11:36 PM
And for selfish reasons, I'd love to have you in my 255 league.
5/24/2019 11:38 PM
The TOC advantage really has sparked a conversation. I’m with you FBD in that I don’t really care all that much whether a league gives me an advantage or not in the TOC. Skunk or Oz will win all those anyway. Haha. But to think that only non AAA leagues provide an advantage is short sighted. Certainly there are other leagues that can provide an advantage and picking good AAA seems to do that. In the past these teams perform well in the TOC. We do not yet know what salary cap the winners of this league will be entered into. But we won’t know how they perform until the league gets going. To me, this league is a fun draft. And it provides opportunity to use the waiver wire to tweak you club.

I will take a look at your league FBD. I’ve never played in the high cap—I think $160 is the highest cap I’ve played.
5/25/2019 3:02 PM
◂ Prev 12
Alternative Open League $80 Mil: MLB124759 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2019 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.